Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lone Wanderer is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
Leviathan. Another Peter Weller movie I watched recently. The first half where they're introducing the characters and the setting are pretty good but the second half with the monster is terrible.
Anything that vaguely resembles John Carpenters The Thing is awesome in my book! (Aside from the prequel...)

You watched it on Netflix didn't you?
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 04:01 AM       
Watched a couple of horror movies.

Scream 4

OH LOOKIE HERE HOW WE MAKE FUN OF OURSELVES AND THE PREVIOUS MOVIES BUT WITH A FRESH NEW TWIST WHERE WE ARE BASHING MODERN HORROR MOVIES BUT IRONICALLY BECAUSE THIS MOVIE IS ALSO A MODERN HORROR MOVIE! AREN'T WE WITTY?!

So yeah, didn't like it. Seemed like a horror movie made for hipsters. And what the hell is wrong with Courtney Cox's face? Looks like an emotionless blob of shiny plastic.

John Carpenter's The Ward

Ghosts of Mars was a putrid piece of a turd and I thought Carpenter gave up directing altogether because of how bad it was. Suffice to say, I was very interested to see what made him come out of retirement.

A below average horror movie with a twist, apparently. Couple of nice scares, but you pretty much see every "BOO!" moment coming from miles away. Suprisingly, I didn't guess the twist ending so thats a plus. Worth a watch, but very forgettable. Shame.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 05:57 AM       
I like ghosts of mars
Lingonberry pancakes
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 09:21 AM       
That is why you don't have nice things.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 10:31 PM       
texas chainsaw massacre, ed wood and pee-wee's big adventure
(i don't need to rate them since you should already know how good they are)

the hitcher will be on later and i'll be watching that as well
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 03:29 AM       
I no longer trust your judgement, mad melvin.

but i dont even really know who you are so i guess it doesn't really matter
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 08:30 AM       
Dr. Giggles
The Beast Within
Cujo
Dead At Manchester Morgue
Child's Play
Child's Play 2
Halloween
Halloween 2
Halloween H20
Blue Thunder

Last edited by Lone Wanderer : Nov 1st, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM       
Quote:
Robocop 2. I don't understand why people always shit on this movie. I've avoided watching it because of it's reputation but that was a mistake, it's fantastic.
THANK YOU. People shit on it because they never really understood that movies about a cyborg cop fighting crime in future Detroit are inherently kind of, you know, goofy and fun as hell. Fuck the third one, though ninja "robots" played by one actor, my ass

Quote:
Leviathan. Another Peter Weller movie I watched recently. The first half where they're introducing the characters and the setting are pretty good but the second half with the monster is terrible.
Fuck yeah, that movie was so goddamned boring in the second half. I had more fun watching that steaming pile Deepstar Six, for God's sake. Though I LOVED their ingenious plan of getting rid of the water breathing aquatic monster living-mutant-corpse killerbeast by putting it in a body bag and, you know, putting it in the water. AND IT WORKS. awesome
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 07:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post

Fuck yeah, that movie was so goddamned boring in the second half. I had more fun watching that steaming pile Deepstar Six, for God's sake. Though I LOVED their ingenious plan of getting rid of the water breathing aquatic monster living-mutant-corpse killerbeast by putting it in a body bag and, you know, putting it in the water. AND IT WORKS. awesome

I disagree.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:10 AM       
I just rented 2 vids. Limitless and The Conspirator, and as a rare treat I enjoyed both

Limitless was a decent flick about a guy who samples this drug that opens up the human mind to 100% functionality. Everything you ever experienced is now accessable, none of this psychic or telekinesis bullcrap that people think would happen if you had 100% brain use. Just good old fashioned firing on all cylinders. He ends up with the bulk of all that is left of the drug. With his ability to comprehend, intake, and plan enhanced exponentially, he soon becomes a wizard of wall street. But soon others covet the drug and problems arise as his supply dwindles. I liked that the ending was not what I was expecting, but not in a dumb Shamalamadingdong way, in more of a clever way where the obvious ending was not where they went.

The Conspirator is a bit of Historical dramatization of the Mary Surratt trial. An interesting flick, with some decent performances. If you dig historical movies, give it a shot.
BANNED

Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:16 AM       
if he had 100% brain power why didnt he just make more of the drug
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:38 AM       
became a medicine man
Lingonberry pancakes
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM       
In Bruges

I have always disliked Colin Farrell, so thats the main reason I hadn't seen this one. I was bored, so I decided to give it a chance, since i've heard some praise for it.

Holy shit. I just can't believe how awesome it was. It was funny, original and extremely well paced. If you enjoyed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, you'll propably enjoy this one too.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:16 PM       
yeah, i was totally surprised by that movie.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM       
Kevin Smith: 2 Fat for 40.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM       
I watched that not long ago. I've gotta say, the guy is amiable. I grew up with Kevin Smith movies and associate a lot of warm fuzzies with them. Every time I went to his store in Red Bank, Walt Flanagan was at the checkout.

Slate just did an article on him and has some good points, though.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM       
You grew up in the 90s?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 08:54 PM       
I was born in 77, so Clerks hit right around my junior year of high school.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 11:08 PM       
Red State. As I said previously, lots of warm fuzzies for Kevin Smith but what a fucking mess.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:26 AM       
That's the one where he invited the Westboro Baptist Church to the premier of, gave them about 20 tickets, and about 10 minutes into it they all left because it was 'too dirty'. Smith said he wasn't upset that they left, he was upset that they left before they could see his WBC scene
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 07:17 AM       
Yeah. Well, I mean I think I caught all of the major themes and most of the minor ones. ("Which is scarier, the religious nutjobs or the government", "People do crazy things for authority figures", "Won't someone please think of the children", etc)

Spoilers!

The special effects were great for the budget he had, but the shakycam. I hate the shakycam so much.

Last edited by Kitsa : Nov 7th, 2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: double-spoiler didn't work out
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 07:34 AM       
MAKAI TENSHO: SAMURAI REINCARNATION was a major disappointment. i don't know what i was so excited about the trailer isn't particularly good. the movie took itself a bit too seriously for what it was. i like the idea (dead warriors reborn as devils and killing the shogunate), but it was pretty boring.

BLACK MAGIC is pretty great. almost anything that starts with the shaw brothers opening is going to be pretty great, so whatever.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM       
Patrice O'Neal: "Elephant in the Room". One of the funniest comedians I've seen in a while. I hope he recovers from the stroke he had recently.