Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:59 PM       
Chojin, I dont think anyone would have a problem with you and Jin both playing as Vega.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 11:25 PM       
Wasn't there supposed to be a Samurai Shodown tournament
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:19 AM       
I'll be E. Honda cos Sam told me so.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:29 AM       
No Ryu, no Ken? No Vega and Sagat?

Dammit... then I guess I'll go with Chun-Li.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:33 AM       
Okay, I got you guys in.

I doubt anyone is going to pick the remaining four (Zangief, T. Hawk, Dee Jay, Cammy). We'll give it one more day before starting.

EDIT - Spoke too soon--our good buddy Saad and our banned buddy Danny have signed up for Zangief and Dee Jay, respectively.

Also, Rongi, Liquid says he's going to beat your ass down.
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:47 AM       
Ok I get T. Hawk
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:13 AM       
I think the top tier was Sagat, Dhalsim, and maybe Ken? ;0

Guile was okay too ;>

I pretty much used Vega for his air superiority and reach, moreso than any cage-specific moves ;O

If possible, i'd like to amend my choice to Cammy. ;>

I was thinking of just turbo ;o
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:38 AM       
If their is anyone left I'll do it. if not I'll wait for another tournament (samurai shodown )
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:39 AM       
man, when are you guys gonna play a GOOD game?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:03 AM       
like what
...for breakfast?!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:11 AM       
Alright, everyone's been picked then. I'm drawing the names out of a hat now and I swear by Poseidon's trident that I have no prior knowledge of the pairings.

Ryu (Zomboid) vs. Cammy (Jin)

Ken (Schimid) vs. E. Honda (drumming4buddha)

Sagat (Sam) vs. Blanka (Mad Melvin)

Chun-Li (Skulhedface) vs. Dee Jay (liquidstatik)

M. Bison (Helm) vs. Dhalsim (King Hadas)

Guile (Supafly345) vs. Fei Long (Ninjavenom)

Vega (GADZOOKS) vs. Zangief (ScruU2wice)

T. Hawk (Drev) vs. Balrog (Rongi)

There you go, guys. I'll expect you guys to IM each other to set everything up. Do each of the matches on your own time, talk to me on AIM (fuzz bombshell) if you have any problems contacting your opponent. I don't think it'll be necessary to take screenshots of each victory, I'll just expect you guys to be honest. Saturday is the deadline--if the match isn't completed, whoever I've been in contact with will continue on in the tournament.

GO.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:20 AM       
good games. like guilty gear.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 10:01 AM       
I'm no good at SSFT ;< But among fighting game enthusiasts it's pretty much a given that the most dangerous 3 in this game are Vega, Cammy, and Zangief. ;<

We should have an MK2 tournament at some point, that would be RAD. MAME version, though. And none of this gay character picking. Gay.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 11:32 AM       
I was telling schimid that too, but I wouldn't want it on MAME

And I agree with ya about the dangerous sf2 characters, but you forgot chun li. I fucking hate that bitch when the computer controls her

That was very funny. Well done.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 11:43 AM       
Wait so do we have to play it on SNES or Genesis or what?

Also if someone has the ROM and the emulator it'd be cool if they shared it. :X
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 11:52 AM       
I have Gens and the ROM from the link that Helm posted.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:17 PM       
yeah everybody get the same dump, please. Also, learn how to use kalliera with gens and tell me how.

Guy I'm playing against, contact me on MSN: Helm21 att Hotmail.com
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 12:35 PM       
Get the emulator from here: http://www.retrobase.net/gensplus/

Put the rom from the link helm posted in the emulator's rom folder. You need to have it in there to play netplay with it.

To go to netplay, open the emulator, go to netplay, go to the server you and your partner choose, and either click "create new game" if no one has yet, or join the game your opponent already made, then get started.

Me and schimid played at the default attack level (4 stars) so I think everyone should do the same but I dunno how this thing's being done.

edit: I tried gettin it from where helm linked and it said it was corrupted...if anyone has that version please send it to me...if a lot of other people have that problem, me and schimid have a good version of it.

That was very funny. Well done.
...for breakfast?!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:34 PM       
Alright, official rules:

- Attack power must be at 4. If anyone goes above, they'll be disqualified and if they go below, well...then they'll probably lose anyway.

- Matches are best out of five rounds. This means you have to go into Options and change the number of rounds, obviously. You can still do best of three, but I'm leaving the possibility open for best of five, to give you guys more of a chance.

- Everyone get the ROM that Helm posted. If it doesn't work for you for whatever reason, talk to your opponent about an alternative. I found an excellent dump at EmuReactor, but you have to log-in. Use my name--Username "Schimid", password "superman".

- If your opponent fails to talk to you before the match, tell me and I'll take it into consideration. If you two don't have your match and I don't hear from your opponent, I'll put you in the next bracket. If I hear from both of you but the match is never completed, there'll be a double elimination. Sorry guys.

That's about all I can think of. Go nuts.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 02:10 PM       
never had a rom corrupt from planetemu. Delete the dummy file and redownload from windows explorer. Be certain to delete the old dummy corrupted file before, because if you save over or resume it WILL corrupt.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 03:57 PM       
Drop me out and move Supafly up, something came up and i'll be gone for the rest of the week.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 04:15 PM       
I'm very excited about this and I've been thinking about Street Fighter all day today and having matches in my mind because I'm way too into it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 04:20 PM       
lol @ guilty gear

isn't that the game where one of the characters has an anchor the size of their entire body for a weapon, and another one attacks with her hair
OH GOD
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 04:21 PM       
why not just play evil zone while you're at it
Legislacerator
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 04:48 PM       
as opposed to a dude who is really stretchy and a big green electric monster?

I liked Evil Zone :<

I know at least three other people on the boards who play Guilty Gear: Jin, Schimid, and either Skulhedface or Cap'n Bubba. it's what all the cool kids are doing.