Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Riptide0999 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:42 PM       
The evil guinea pigs was probably one of the most unexpected parts. Pretty funny too.
Pancakes is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM       
IM SORRY I ONLY GOT THROUGH THE 1ST PARAGRAPH BECAUSE I FOUND IT TO BE INCREDIBLY BORING

ok play these :*

DerGeist is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 04:37 PM       
First off, this was a hilarious review of the movie, I nearly laughed so hard I fell out of my chair. Great stuff.

The Turkish movie industry is pretty much plagued with this kind of stuff...so embarassing that you're not sure how people with frontal lobes larger than raisinettes could conceive of, film, and produce such a movie and yet not realize how intensely pathetic it is.

And, one would hope, upon the realization of just how terrible their production actually is, they would either end their own lives or hide in shame forever. Yet somehow, they continue to produce poor-quality films and "proudly present" them...so sad. Though I've noticed recently that the films are getting *somewhat* better, they're still nothing compared to Bollywood, and even that should give an indication of how crappy stuff is in general (since Bollywood is pretty bad, too).

But, maybe I'm being too caustic (maybe?)

Anyway, I speak Turkish, so if I perchance happen upon a copy I would gladly translate for y'all.

Also, "3 Dev Adam" is kinda more like "3 Colossal/Gigantic/etc Men" ... hard to explain, like most stuff when going between Turkish and English. Don't even get me started on agglutination and sentence structure. ;-)

Anyway, fantastic job, funny as hell.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 06:29 PM       
Yeah, I used to work for a South Asian internet startup company. It was gonna be this big online community for South Asians, but after a while I realized that the idea wasn't gonna work cuz the management sucked. Luckily I quit before their dot com bubble burst.

Anyway, from working there I saw a lot of Bollywood movies 'n stuff. And while the movies weren't that great, they were definitely a million times better than any of that Turkish crap. And if I took nothing else away from my time working at a South Asian company, it's that I got to see plenty photos of Aishwarya Rai - the owner of perhaps the best eyes evar. :o

Thanks for the info though DerGeist, and I'm glad ya enjoyed the big review.

-RoG-
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 06:15 AM       
Thats just too fucking strange to fully comprehend!