Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 09:47 PM        From Barack Obama to his flock
How do you like me now bitches?
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 11:05 PM       
Disillusioned Obama-loathing is already a big hit on the runways in Paris, Milan, and Tokyo!
Verily, it's the hot look for spring '09!
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:08 AM       
What did people expect? Politicians are not to be trusted.

Having said that, WOOOOO!!! We won! Get ready for some muthafuckin' change muthafuckas!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:43 AM       
I just think it's too funny, I expected him to at least get into office before he let them down.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:50 AM       
I voted Obama mainly to punish the Republican party. You do a bad job, you get fired. But anybody who for a minute believed that Barack ain't part of the club is out of their god damned mind. I'll get a bit more faith in the system when we options besides "turd sandwich and giant douche," as South Park put it so well.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM       
I know the guy's going to let down somehow. He's a politician and he's human. But I'm just waiting to see how he handles actually running the country.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 04:58 PM       
You guys do realize it's not possible to fufill promises of instant world peace and magical rain made of lemonade in the first 5 minutes of your presidency, right
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 09:14 PM       
is this a reference to something specific
i like him as well as ever i guess
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM       
I had the inauguration prayer thing in mind.
Oozes machismo
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM       
Between that and the corruption in Illinois politics it's kind of hard to look the other way and think that he doesn't have an agenda/cronies/benefactors/etc.

But it's all good because CHANGE IS A COMIN'!!!!!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 11:02 PM       
Meh, you can't hold him responsible for what happens in Illinois like that. You can only judge him on his actions. Or at least that's how I'll judge him.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
You guys do realize it's not possible to fufill promises of instant world peace and magical rain made of lemonade in the first 5 minutes of your presidency, right
you do realize he isn't president yet
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:13 AM       
he's not president yet, but he has chosen for his cabinet several individuals with strong links to failed policies supported by special interests. No Child Left Behind is a dismal failure, corn ethanol is a scam, our military is wasteful and ill-prepared for reasons that go way beyond Iraq. Obama's record as senator belies a firmly status-quo neoliberal, or whatever you want to call the bankrupt ideology of Bush Clinton and Bush.

And the only evidence to the contrary is "ooooooh magic negro."
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 12:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida View Post
And the only evidence to the contrary is "ooooooh magic negro."
Banned
omg3969 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 10:40 PM       
I HAVE A BONER A MILE WIDE

Last edited by executioneer : Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:46 PM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 10:53 PM       
Obama never said that
Insane Writer
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM       
Can we wait and actually see how things go?

Somehow, I can't help feeling that even if things do go worst case, at least they won't get lower than we were with Bush. And if it goes better, then woot.

If Obama somehow messes up badly, he won't be president again come next election. If he does well, he will.

Honestly, I don't see why people think this is some "make or break" thing. Yes, I hope he'll get us out of Iraq and fix up the economy and all that good stuff. No, I know it'll take a long time and probably won't be complete victories. Do I know? No. I'm not Nostradomus. If I was, I'd be out winning the lottery and not hanging out on the internet (or maybe I would anyway ).
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM       
It's make or break because Obama made it that way with his big talk about change everything. If we put someone like Clinton in we wouldn't have all these idiots running around thinking that it will be done in one day.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM       
All I have to say is, how often does anything this hyped up actually fulfill expectations and not let us down?

I think it's going to be like someone inventing a cure for AIDS and finding out the side effect is cancer.

At least with Bush we knew from day 1 he was going to let us down. Sure we didn't expect him to screw up as much as he did, but hey, we knew he wasn't destined for greatness. To put it briefly, don't get your hopes up.
Escape will make me god.

Last edited by VaporTrailx1 : Jan 15th, 2009 at 03:01 AM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 09:21 PM       
They decided to not go with saving a dog from the shelter. Way to go dickhead.
Insane Writer
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM       
You bumped this topic for that?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM       
Yes you dumb whore, it shows his character.
90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM       
Well, with all the pandering to corporations and the political insiders running things in Obama's administration, I now can say that I officially am dead inside.

What the fuck happened to change? And where the hell is all this populist rage against the corporate whores that I keep hearing about? We should be storming Washington with torches and pitchforks now, but yet, all is silent. It's sad that the sixties backfired so much that we no longer protest and mock the ones that do.
Insane Writer
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 03:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Yes you dumb whore, it shows his character.
Shut up. You could have started a new thread rather than bumping one that was last posted on two months ago.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 03:57 PM       
Why start a new thread when we have one already?

NO YOU SHUT UP!