Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 09:40 PM        Art Chat
I really didn't want to make a thread for this.

So I did, but I didn't, you feel me, playa?

Anyway I'm using a wacom now, but when I'm doing pixel art in Photoshop, if I touch the pen down somewhere, it'll mark it as me having done something in the history, but nothing will actually show up. But a pixel WILL show up if I put the pen down next to the pixel I actually want and drag it over there.

For example, pretend that the number pad is a square of 9 pixels:

If I want 5 to be black, I can't just click 5. I have to click on, say, 6, and then drag over to 5. And when I do that, 6 doesn't change color.

It's just annoying, does anyone know a fix?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 09:48 PM       
I think Art Chat could be a good idea. Some things just don't need a whole thread dedicaded to it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 09:58 PM       
maybe all the forums should have a stickied chat-style thread! it could work!
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 29th, 2007, 10:25 PM       
Yes, I agree, but I don't know the answer to his question ;< does anyone know so far?
LOLI brainnn eater
ZAKO the GREAT is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 08:57 PM       
i guess it might be something to do with the tool you're choosing. like, when you choose paint brush, even with 100% opacity, hardness & flow and 1px, even a single click, what i get it's a 4 pixel instead of 1.
00 = 1px

and i choose pencil tool with the same settings (no hardness), what i got it's a solid, 1 pixel block.

0 = 1px

i dunno, since i don't have my wacom with me now, what i guess it's either the tools you chose, or the pressure of your wacom pen when you use it as it'll determine the color it to get the real "pencil on paper" kind of feeling unlike mouse.
hope it helps!

I-Mockery: a serious place for serious people.seriously. - Mockery
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM       
I dunno, I tried pushing REALLY HARD in one spot to get a point to show up, but just pushing lightly and dragging makes points show up everywhere else.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM       
Is your hand resting on the pad of it? That can make different points when your on it too. I'm probably wrong but you might be doing it and not realizing it.
LOLI brainnn eater
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 10:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan View Post
Is your hand resting on the pad of it? That can make different points when your on it too. I'm probably wrong but you might be doing it and not realizing it.
protip:
hands on the pad will NEVER make any point.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 10:28 PM       
Unless it's a hyper-expensive multi-touch pad. Oy.

And by multi-touch I'm referring to the Dell Latitude and the like.

Last edited by Fathom Zero : Dec 31st, 2007 at 12:19 AM.
was never good
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM       
No, fathom, because only the wacom pen tip will react to the wacom surface.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 11:23 PM       
I'm pretty certain that ZAKO, Eric (and I) know more about Wacom tablets than zeldasbiggestfan and fathom zero. Being that we're artists. And own them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:17 AM       
I forgot it was all wacom. And I guarantee you that I AT LEAST know as much as digitizers as you. I've owned about five (tablets, that is). Broke some of them, but I've used 'em. If you tried doing it on a touchscreen, you'd get vectoring issues.

I want me one of those Cintiq ones. Y'know, the ones with the screens embedded into the absolutely gigantic drawing surface. I'd settle for the 12WX model, though.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:22 AM       
I can't draw on Cintiqs. It's just not right for some reason. If I can see what I'm drawing, I'd rather draw on paper, just personal preference.
LOLI brainnn eater
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:23 AM       
my tablet is rather small, but i'm happy with it!

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:25 AM       
I like to have my hand leading on top of what is being drawn. It's one of those personal preference things, I guess.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:25 AM       
I have a bamboo wacom, and it's surprisingly nice. It's about 4x6ish (i'm not gonna bother taking measurements) active working space, and it's widescreen. For under $100 and right when my intuos2 broke, it was a good deal!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:29 AM       
I've really been thinking about the Bamboo. Does it feel cheap? Would it break if I just tossed it in a bag full of stuff?
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:32 AM       
No, especially since they made the cord dicsonnectable.

Eric and I both have them, since I bought him one for christmas, and he agrees that it doesn't feel cheap. I love the pen stand, and the mouse feels more sturdy than my Intuos2 mouse (which broke both times I owned an Intuos2. You may not feel the same way about the mouse, since it's light, but I like it much better.

Just a cute side note: the eraser tip sounds like and feels like an eraser when you use it. I fell in love with that.

PS - there are buttons on the top that you don't need the pen to hit them now. Zoom/Scroll wheel, a page back and page forward buttons, and two softkeys. I set mine to notepad and calculator.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:38 AM       
The eraser sounds cool.

I can't decide if I should get this before or after another... tablet PC. Hahaha, they're piling up on me. I'm thinking a Fujitsu Stylistic. Screw the keyboard.

At the prices of them, though, especially with the Stylistic being used, I could get both.
LOLI brainnn eater
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:47 AM       
i really need to get back to the "pencil & paper" type of work... too much mouse & comp work sometimes makes me forget the real pleasure of drawing

CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM       
I agree. I have a drawing of a naked comic book loving girl on paper somewhere. I loved drawing her.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM       
i'm also having problems with my wacom tablet:

when i plug it into my laptop it works fine with the mouse, but when i use the pen's left and right click buttons on the side of it or tap it down. they all register as right-clicks.

!?!?!?!?!?!
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM       
First of all, what type of wacom do you have? Graphire, Intuos, Bamboo? It should all be the same really, but go into your pen tablet settings, and you check to make sure that the buttons are set properly.

If it is an intuos or something similar enough, you might have two tabbable buttons on the top or something that say PEN and MOUSE. It's possible you tapped MOUSE with your wacom pen, and made it so your tablet thinks you want to use the pen as a mouse. The first time I accidentally did that, i freaked the fuck out.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM       
I really like Ralph Steadman's work.
LOLI brainnn eater
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM       
free strokes at it's best.
but i think his writing style is somewhat similar to Futura's (yes, i do mean the artist, not the typeface.)