Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 12:45 AM        ALBUMS THAT SUCKED - CARMEN ELECTRA!
Gotta love it when actresses (and in this case I use that term extremely loosely) try to break into the music biz. The latest addition to the relatively new "Albums That Sucked" section of I-Mockery, is none other than Carmen Electra's self-titled debut CD. It's got funk, it's got soul, it's got pop, it's even got Prince... everything that peopled seemed to love in the early 90s, and yet nothing could save it from being an object of derision. Take a look 'n listen for yourselves...

ALBUMS THAT SUCKED - CARMEN ELECTRA!
http://www.i-mockery.com/bad-albums/carmen

Enjoy!
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 01:05 AM       
RoG, I'm surprised you'd consider doing a piece on Carmen Electra. I'm too tired to say anything else, other than I hope that Jeff Bridges comes next.
Mystie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 01:29 AM       
I seem to recall hearing a while back that Tyra Banks was releasing a CD. Kinda glad that one never materialized. Guess she was too busy getting her titties felt up on daytime TV.
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 09:16 AM       
I didn't think I'd actually get a headache while listening to that music. I feel weak and nauseous now though. Great mock though, albums is one of my favorite mock sections on I-mock. Mock.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 01:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Modular
RoG, I'm surprised you'd consider doing a piece on Carmen Electra. I'm too tired to say anything else, other than I hope that Jeff Bridges comes next.
I will tolerate no ridicule of Jeff Bridges.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 01:18 PM       
Quote:
Why surprised? Because of her penchant for nudity and how I try to keep that stuff off of the site? Well this is just an album of hers, a bad album, so I had no problem covering it. Ok, I did have a problem covering it. The problem was having to actually listen to it.
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 02:34 PM       
The sacrifices you make for us to be able to laugh are horrendous indeed.
lunlun is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 05:27 PM       
her "sound" and her "vocals" reminds me of "fabio- after dark"

i think they could make a cd together
(maybe you hear them having sex while they hear funky pr0n music)
Chojin's Hussy
Sicktodeathmx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:33 PM       
I could only stand about 30 seconds of the first track, I'm sorry you had to cover the entire album.
It sounded like a poor impression of Gloria Estawhatthefuckever, 80's style
God awful I say!

Jennifer Michelle
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 01:09 AM       
I'm listening and I like the first song so far :<
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 01:13 AM       
She reminds me of the Lords of Acid ;< Which is appropriate since that's basically strip club music ;<
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
She reminds me of the Lords of Acid ;< Which is appropriate since that's basically strip club music ;<
How can you possibly compare this shit to something as cool as Lords of Acid?!

Who Do You Think You Are? I'm sending Mrs. Jones over there to Spank Your Booty.
was never good
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:33 PM       
All the other songs suck ;<

But yeah, this is exactly like the lords of Acid, only Carmen is attempting to be black instead of actually being that ethnicity, and she seems to have better taste in delay/reverb effects on her voice.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:54 PM       
I've heard a lot of LoA and Carmen's album definitely didn't remind me of it. o.O
Little Monster
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 12:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Why surprised? Because of her penchant for nudity and how I try to keep that stuff off of the site? Well this is just an album of hers, a bad album, so I had no problem covering it. Ok, I did have a problem covering it. The problem was having to actually listen to it.
Naw, it has nothing to do with nudity. I just didn't think that Carmen Electra was the kind of celebrity that interested you. I always thought you were more into critiquing bad albums by William Shatner or Hulk Hogan.

But Carmen's album sucked. Believe me, I know. I played it on my radio show in college (another discussion).
Forum Virgin

Ramco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 12:53 AM       
Quote:
Naw, it has nothing to do with nudity. I just didn't think that Carmen Electra was the kind of celebrity that interested you. I always thought you were more into critiquing bad albums by William Shatner or Hulk Hogan.

But Carmen's album sucked. Believe me, I know. I played it on my radio show in college (another discussion).
How dare you call William Shatner's albums bad!!! And I am not being sarcastic - listen to his newest CD, "Has Been", it's great!
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 01:19 AM       
Quote:

She's normally not on my radar (or Gaydar, AM I RITE GUYS? LOL!) but believe it or not, I found it used for 2 bux at an EB Gameworld. Didn't even know she HAD an album up until that point, but I was positive it would be horrible, so I paid the 2 bux and found that it was perfect for a piece on I-Mockery.

And Ramco speaks the truth about Shatner's most recent album, it seriously is one of the greatest musical releases in recent years, if not ever. I expected nothing but cheese, but it ranges from high energy, so extreme sadness, to comedy... it's really a fantastic piece of work. I agree, Shatner's old albums were quite corny and I might cover them at some point... but I sincerely believe that his "Has Been" album is the greatest thing he's ever done in his career.
Chojin's Hussy
Sicktodeathmx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 01:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Quote:

She's normally not on my radar (or Gaydar, AM I RITE GUYS? LOL!) but believe it or not, I found it used for 2 bux at an EB Gameworld. Didn't even know she HAD an album up until that point, but I was positive it would be horrible, so I paid the 2 bux and found that it was perfect for a piece on I-Mockery.

And Ramco speaks the truth about Shatner's most recent album, it seriously is one of the greatest musical releases in recent years, if not ever. I expected nothing but cheese, but it ranges from high energy, so extreme sadness, to comedy... it's really a fantastic piece of work. I agree, Shatner's old albums were quite corny and I might cover them at some point... but I sincerely believe that his "Has Been" album is the greatest thing he's ever done in his career.
I agree, I thought "Has Been" was wonderful, maybe not the greatest thing in his career, but wonderful none-the-less

Jennifer Michelle
Little Monster
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 09:11 AM       
William Shatner's last album was good. I'm just saying that William Shatner might be more Mock's kinda celebrity. I'm not trying to be right or wrong, just observational.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 11:15 AM       
Yeah, Shatner is definitely more the kind of celebrity that I would follow or give my attention to, but when it comes to bad albums like that one, I'm willing to make exceptions.