Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM        Inverting Papilloma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqp6ql9DUHg

Some guy gets a polyp removed. They reach into his nose and yank it out.

This is my new favorite medical video on youtube. Even better than the earwax ones.

Edit: This one is even better!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQDzf...e=channel_page
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM       
I will never watch this.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM       
OH GOD.

I HAD TO WATCH IT!
Now I'm even more afraid of nasal polyps than I was before!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM       
reminds me when i got a knee cut all infected they poured some liquid and it was like putting a mentos in soda it was all bubbly

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 08:34 PM       
Hydrogen peroxide does that, a few other things too. It's a debrider/debridant, whatever.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM       
oh thats what is called on english in spanish is called agua oxigenada

Queen of the Beasts
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
reminds me when i got a knee cut all infected they poured some liquid and it was like putting a mentos in soda it was all bubbly
Did it shoot three feet in the air like mentos do when you drop them in soda?
taco loving zombie
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 12:50 AM       
no it was only an strange goey substabce in the end. i had skin bridges too it was awesome

Queen of the Beasts
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM       
Quote:
i had skin bridges too it was awesome
I thought skin bridges only happened on penises.
taco loving zombie
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM       
i dunno what you understand by it lol

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:56 PM       
Couple of years ago I had a nasty fall. I was taking a shortcut home from work and cutting across a waste area between a liquor store and a grocery store. Unfortunately for me, the waste area was a hill, lined with limestone boulders, ending in the back alleyway of the grocery store.

I was doing well until I hit some birdseed that someone had spread on the rocks:

Then I went flying. Fortunately, I landed on my hands and knees. Unfortunately, my knee (and most of my weight) landed on a broken liquor bottle. I also sprained my ankle.

I was closer to my job at the hospital than I was to home, and I didn't have a cellphone with me, so I literally limp-crawled all the way back to the back door of the hospital. The copy repair guy was there, he knew me, and when he saw all the blood he ran and got a wheelchair and pushed me right back to the ER where I'd just gotten off work. He got some sort of customer service award for that.

It looked way worse before they cleaned me up, but here you go:

Hands that hit the asphalt, after they dug the rocks out with tweezers (that was fun):

Road rash and hyperextension bruises from the sprained ankle (this was before it swelled up like an inflatable pool toy):

...and my gloriously carved-up knee, sans the chunks of grit and shards of glass that were hanging out of it.

Anyway, my point is that when you have something that's a big bacteria-compromise situation, they want you to keep up the Manual Debriding even after the hospital fun is over. I got sent home with a scrub brush...actual plastic bristles...and was expected to scrub the mawfugger with superstrong antibacterial soap a couple of times a day.

There is some sort of fundamental self-preservation override you have to achieve to stick a frigging scrub brush in an open wound and scrub "as hard as you can" , per the attending's orders. I nearly puked a couple of times.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 10:53 PM       
Debriding is not fun, yeh. May as well give me a belt sander, get it through quick.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM       
Quote:
i dunno what you understand by it lol
I mean this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_bridge

http://www.circumstitions.com/Restric/Botched1sb.html

REALLY, REALLY NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

So anyway Kitsa, how much did the debriding hurt? Did they give you any topical anesthetic to help with the pain, or did they order you to just scrub it raw?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 08:12 PM       
OW OW OW OW OW!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 09:02 PM       
I am not looking at that. Sometimes, you just have to take someone's word for it.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 09:34 PM       
It hurt like hell, no anesthesia, I just got in the shower stall, took a deep breath and scrubbed for all I was worth. As I said, almost puked a couple of times. But then again, I literally had chunks of broken glass hanging out of my knee, and who knows what was on or in that bottle before I landed on it.

The sensation of scrubbing was similar to horrible rugburn, but it was many hundreds of times worse than that.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 10:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
It hurt like hell, no anesthesia, I just got in the shower stall, took a deep breath and scrubbed for all I was worth. As I said, almost puked a couple of times. But then again, I literally had chunks of broken glass hanging out of my knee, and who knows what was on or in that bottle before I landed on it.

The sensation of scrubbing was similar to horrible rugburn, but it was many hundreds of times worse than that.
Jesus. They could've at least given you some lidocaine to numb it up a little.

Did it have to wet when you did it? I guess can see not giving anything if absolutely had to be wet to soften up the tissue...
taco loving zombie
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 10:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post
I mean this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_bridge

http://www.circumstitions.com/Restric/Botched1sb.html

REALLY, REALLY NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

So anyway Kitsa, how much did the debriding hurt? Did they give you any topical anesthetic to help with the pain, or did they order you to just scrub it raw?
well it was kinda like that except the flesh under it still wasn't healed so it was sticky and fleshy

i once feel on stones like thosse except the thing was my elbow broke and i had to get surgery with 4 nails to keep the bones in place, they took them of without anesthesia

Queen of the Beasts
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 11:32 PM       
Quote:
well it was kinda like that except the flesh under it still wasn't healed so it was sticky and fleshy

i once feel on stones like thosse except the thing was my elbow broke and i had to get surgery with 4 nails to keep the bones in place, they took them of without anesthesia

Why no anesthesia?
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 04:25 AM       
I DEMAND MORE!!!
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 08:11 AM       
For whatever reason I didn't get lidocaine. But then again, I didn't necessarily get along well with that coworker.

When the nurses didn't like someone, they would all fight over who got to give the coldest, thickest tetanus shot from the very back of the fridge. At least I got a room-temperature tetanus shot, so at least the nurses liked me.

And I may enjoy my alcohol, but I never thought in a million years I'd crash in a liquor store alley (the liquor store is that blue building at the top of the hill in the first pic). Even though I wasn't drunk.
taco loving zombie
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post

Why no anesthesia?
i was feeling manly turns out it was a bad idea

Queen of the Beasts
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God View Post
I DEMAND MORE!!!
There's some more in the guy's profile. None as good as the first two I posted, I'm afraid.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM       
i had this surgery :o
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 02:23 AM       
Goodness ;o

the craziest health related thing that ever happened to me was when my wrists somehow got cut open and i bled everywhere and threw up a bunch and I could see what the inside of my wrists looked like.