Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM       
I think the posters and trailers for Phantasm were some of the scariest when I was a kid. It got into my dreams a few times. I wasn't allowed to see it when I was young though. I had to wait till it was on ONtv.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
My mom had this thing about Children of the Corn. I was forbidden to see it. On my 18th birthday the first thing I did was buy the tape. I watched it and I don't know what the hell she was so afraid of, I thought it was a little silly. Yes, I'm going to watch a movie and then sacrifice my mom to a corn-god.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 01:46 AM       
Word to the wise: the first two Children of the Corn flicks are a lot o' fun, but after that, the series takes a nosedive.

OUTLANDER!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
My mom had this thing about Children of the Corn. I was forbidden to see it. On my 18th birthday the first thing I did was buy the tape. I watched it and I don't know what the hell she was so afraid of, I thought it was a little silly. Yes, I'm going to watch a movie and then sacrifice my mom to a corn-god.

My cousin's cousin used to call me Malachi when I dyed my hair red because I'm crazy pale too.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:49 AM       
MY FAVORITE HORROR MOVIE IS WHEN I GO TO THESE FORUMS.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM       
haha high five
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM       
I nearly pissed in my pants watching House (original version) and The People Under the Stairs. Couple of hidden gems that are worth checking out if you like horror/comedy movies.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 07:36 PM       
House was cool. I remember it was slightly ruined for me as a kid when Richard Moll proved to be the rotted villain. I was a big fan of Night Court at the time and any horror I was feeling left when I saw 'Bull' in prosthetic makeup.

House II was bad, but campy fun. Sort of in the same vein as 'My Science Project'.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM       
House is one of the few horror movies from that era that I've only seen bits 'n pieces of. Really need to watch the whole thing.

The People Under The Stairs is such a good film. Seeing Big Ed (from Twin Peaks) run around the house in a gimp suit with a shotgun while shouting "Burn! Burn! Burn in hell!" is absolutely classic. I also remember being sad when Fool died.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 08:30 PM       
I had really high hopes for the Tales from the Darkside movie, since the intro to the TV series was godawful scary. Instead I was bemused/bored. Although I did like the fact that Debbie Harry and David Johansen were in it.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
The People Under The Stairs is such a good film. Seeing Big Ed (from Twin Peaks) run around the house in a gimp suit with a shotgun while shouting "Burn! Burn! Burn in hell!" is absolutely classic. I also remember being sad when Fool died.
I had all but forgotten about that movie. I've never seen it, but now that I think about it I actually remember being scared by the commercial/trailer for it.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM       
House, now that's a move I would really recommend if you haven't seen it yet. Just a different all around style then the rest in the 80's era.
It's a jelly.
kidneyboy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 01:30 AM       
Yeah, I concur on House. William Katt is pretty good when he's not being fried in his tuxedo, and the makeup/fx is awesome!

Just saw Return of the Living Dead, it was good; different than Romero's zombies, but still enough like them where I liked them. The Tarman was fucking great!
Ringmonster
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 12:37 PM       
Return of the Living Dead is my top fave horror movie. It just captured the 80's style in music and has just the right amount of horror and comedy. Really good stuff.

People under the stairs, I've seen that a few times and for some reason it just never captured my attention too much.

I'm sitting here trying to think of more horror movies with the same tone as House and Return of the Living Dead. The 80's was this weird time for strange and unique horror genre hybrids...like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2.
toolz88 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 08:03 PM       
My list in order
Evil Dead 2
Prince of Darkness
The Thing(remake)
Halloween 3
In the Mouth of Madness
Day of the Dead(original)
Slither
Ginger Snaps
Dawn of the Dead(original)
The Stuff
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 08:36 PM       
I really liked Slither. I didn't think it was going to be good whatsoever. It has an amazing line by Nathan Fillion in it.

Deputy: "Hey, why don't you ever date that female cop?"
Nathan Fillion's char: "Oh, she eat's a boxed lunch."
Ringmonster
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolz88 View Post
My list in order
The Thing(remake)
The Thing remake? Did I miss that?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:00 PM       
Well, John Carpenter's "The Thing" was technically a remake of "The Thing From Another World".
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 01:02 AM       
slither had some awesome lines in it i liked that movie too.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 02:40 AM       
If you liked Slither, you should really like Night Of The Creeps which is basically what it was based on. I'd also recommend checking out Slugs too if you dig horror movies with slimy lil' creatures that kill everybody in their path.
Ringmonster
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Well, John Carpenter's "The Thing" was technically a remake of "The Thing From Another World".
Ya, I knew that. The Thing is one of my favorite movies and I cite is as one of the few remakes better than the original (along with The Blob). I just thought he was talking about some made for TV remake or something that I missed. You don't usually see 'remake' next to The Thing as the title is different.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM       
seeing as the maker of this thread is looking to expand his collection Here's mine.

Zombie (aka Zombi 2, Zombie Flesh Eaters) - Zombie VS Shark in underwater battle and eye gouging with wooden splinter.

Fright Night - Totally Underrated vampire flick that finds the perfect mixture of cheese and good old fashioned movie awesomeness.

Blood Feast - H.G. Lewis is rumored to go to drive-in theatres to grade his work by seeing if any teenagers had to open their doors to vomit. So its pretty much a Given that this movie is pretty gory. Also, Fuad Ramses has wicked eyebrows.

Wizard of Gore - I totally want Montag to perform at my next birthday party, it would rock. Also by H.G. Lewis.

The Toxic Avenger - Violent Superhero flick turned Saturday morning cartoon.

Return of the Living dead - "send more cops"

Sleepaway Camp - A mediocre slasher flick with a fucking disturbing ending.

Guinea Pig 2: Flowers of Flesh and Blood - Vomit inducing Japanese gorefest.

Suspiria - The opening kill alone is enough to propel this to my list, its just so brutal.

Cannibal Holocaust - One of the very best in cannibal movies. Best watched uncut with a bunch of animal lovers for full effect.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja View Post
seeing as the maker of this thread is looking to expand his collection Here's mine.

Zombie (aka Zombi 2, Zombie Flesh Eaters) - Zombie VS Shark in underwater battle and eye gouging with wooden splinter.

Fright Night - Totally Underrated vampire flick that finds the perfect mixture of cheese and good old fashioned movie awesomeness.

Blood Feast - H.G. Lewis is rumored to go to drive-in theatres to grade his work by seeing if any teenagers had to open their doors to vomit. So its pretty much a Given that this movie is pretty gory. Also, Fuad Ramses has wicked eyebrows.

Wizard of Gore - I totally want Montag to perform at my next birthday party, it would rock. Also by H.G. Lewis.

The Toxic Avenger - Violent Superhero flick turned Saturday morning cartoon.

Return of the Living dead - "send more cops"

Sleepaway Camp - A mediocre slasher flick with a fucking disturbing ending.

Guinea Pig 2: Flowers of Flesh and Blood - Vomit inducing Japanese gorefest.

Suspiria - The opening kill alone is enough to propel this to my list, its just so brutal.

Cannibal Holocaust - One of the very best in cannibal movies. Best watched uncut with a bunch of animal lovers for full effect.
You're not stating anything new for this strapping young lad.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 10:26 PM       
Guinea Pig 2 has some wacky-ass sound effects. Every time he does something to the lady it plorps or farts. It's hilarious.

I did feel bad for the chicken, though. Why they always gotta kill chickens?

On that note, if you want a horror movie that makes you puke, try Ebola Syndrome. For some reason, the protagonist reminds me of Tadao a little bit. Maybe it's the masturbating with the steaks at the restaurant where he works thing.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 12:26 AM       
I have been known to love heffers.