Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 03:31 PM       
Make me a few, please.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Fair enough.

Is your game broken or scratched, though? My 360 does that with EDF and only EDF. Perhaps the 360 and Wii use the same brand of drive or the data is stored in the same pattern on the disc. Hmmmm.

How is MySims, by the way?
The disc isn't scratched, I guess it just doesn't cache anything at all. It gets much louder when you go into areas with lots of stuff.

The game is actually really good, btw. It's nothing like the sims, more like Animal Crossing plus playing with blocks :< Most of the game is actually you building furniture for people that they can actually use, but you can get pretty crazy with the pieces. My guy is a huge dick and the people in my town cry when they make eye contact.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM       
Didja make them some really uncomfortable furniture?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 07:55 PM       
I made one guy a bed of nails because he's lived in my town for a month and never thought to ask for a place to sleep before. He was DELIGHTED.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 05:11 AM       
F this guys I'm selling my 360 for a Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye and playing it on my hdtv. It'll look stellar
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM       
Hey emu, hey emu.

The Wii is good because we say it's good.
was never good
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:44 PM       
And 360s cannot overheat because it has never happened to me and should it happen it's just sort of like god's test to job and if you don't run out and buy three more to replace it you're some kind of faggot.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM       
I'm waiting for this supposed "Falcon" model.
was never good
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 10:47 PM       
yeah, us too :< we have the funds to buy one and I'd like to, but I really would rather it not blow up.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:07 PM       
Hahaha, I knew that would happen. Anywho, Shadow Hearts is still a kickass game, though I've never played Okami. I can see how it'd work fluidly on the Wii.
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 11:09 PM       
From the 2 hours I've played of Okami, this game would be a must-have on the Wii. It would take the place Twilight Princess was supposed to have.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
This is true. But really, with lines like "Anyone, with proper knowledge, should be able to fix anything, thus making said problem a non-issue," do you really need proof that you said something asinine in the past, prior to a few hours ago?

By the way, my Wii is making strange noises when we play MySims, but during no other game. It's coming from the disc drive, though I have no idea if the Wii is supposed to be that loud. My guess is NO, and I called Nintendo to get a UPS shipping label sent to me. It arrived a few days ago (about 2 days after I made the call), and I was told that it would take about 3-4 days to get to Nintendo, 3-4 days to repair, and then another 3-4 days to get it back - At most 2 weeks, total, with no proof whatsover that something was wrong. When I called Nintendo, they had Smash Bros. music for the hold music and warned that my wait time could be UPWARDS OF FIVE MINUTES but thank god it was only like two or something. I told the guy that it was making strange noises while playing MySims and he said 'Oh, really? Is that game any good?' and we talked a bit about it. I offered to let him listen to the noises after he'd submit my repair order, and he was all 'What was that?' (it sounds like a hamster trying to escape a habitrail). However, the system still works fine and is just making noises in that one game, and I'm afraid to send it out because we use it too much (between MySims and Mario Strikers Charged and Metroid Prime 3, I don't think there's a day that it doesn't go used).

Compare this to Microsoft's service, wherein you can expect to wait AT LEAST a month to get your system back, and it is virtually guaranteed to break (if it wasn't, they wouldn't have extended the warranty to 3 years. Shut up.). I don't know if you have to pay to ship it to them in the first place, but my money is on 'of course.' Our friend Chris is going through this issue at the moment (they've had his box for at least a month and a half), and so far has yet to play his copy of Halo 3 due to their shitty turn-around time.

I also ordered a new set of 4 Wii straps from Nintendo's web site a few weeks ago, for free (I heard they had released new models of straps from Infendo). They arrived within the week. This is my second set from Nintendo, and these have a lil locking mechanism. They're cute.
When my 360 broke, they sent me a coffin with styrofoam guards & a free ship label. No cost to the customer at all.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM       
Hey guys I really like my 360 but not my wii. I think it has something to do with not wanting to play a bunch of mini games or compilations.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM       
Hey guys, I really like the Wii but not the 360, which might have something to do with not wanting to play a bunch of fucking console shooters while 13 year olds swear at me over an expensive online service.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:12 PM       
Also I am suggesting we sticky this thread
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:37 PM       
Raise of hands who has a PS3.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:43 PM       
I was planning on getting one so I could get all the PS2 games I missed out on last gen AND a healthy catalog of sexy PS3 games, but that was before they decided to have winning the lottery as a requirement to own one and decided to have the only good exclusive for it be Warhawk.

I may still get one when I secure a job and if a few more games come out, but I hear the backwards compatability is a load of bullshit. I'd ask you guys to validate this, but nobody fucking has one so I may never know.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 06:54 PM       
guitar woman i have never had a 13 year old cuss me over live, usually there isn't even any little kids on unless you get on during school hours (which surprizingly is when all the little kids play i guess they play hookie) one kid was really irritating because he was pretending to be a russian but usually i have had only good experiences with my fellow 360 players

there's a bunch of non console shooters for the 360 you are just using a bad arguement
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 07:29 PM       
Ok, that's probably because I don't own one. But I'm still not getting one when I could have all the interesting games for it on my PC for free and with way better aiming.

If I had a good PC, which might be a nice alternative to blowing all my money on a PS3.
Custom User Title
Kant spelz is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 07:34 PM       
360 is for little kiddies who can't afford a decent video card or for hardcore losers who have no friends to play video games with.

Stick with a Wii.
It's a blast.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 08:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3 View Post
guitar woman i have never had a 13 year old cuss me over live, usually there isn't even any little kids on unless you get on during school hours (which surprizingly is when all the little kids play i guess they play hookie) one kid was really irritating because he was pretending to be a russian but usually i have had only good experiences with my fellow 360 players

there's a bunch of non console shooters for the 360 you are just using a bad arguement
Same here. Like any online game, there's quite a few total losers who get way too into it, but for the most part everyone is pretty easy to get along with.

Expensive online service? I paid like $70 for a package that had a year of xbox live gold, new headset, webcam, and some free xbox live arcade games and shit. That's not exactly expensive. Also, I'm probably wrong here, but I don't remember there being any real online capabilities for the virtual console games. I like playing street fighter 2 on live except when the insanely good players come on and fucking destroy me within 10 seconds.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 08:35 PM       
See: Mario Strikers Charged, Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Kart Wii.

And again, I don't support the virtual console. I have an emulator with NetPlay, mabye you guys should get one too!
The Wolf
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 08:38 PM       
I'll be getting smash bros brawl for sure, but I definitely don't have enough interest in MARIO SOCCER to get that. Mario Kart just isn't very fun for me anymore.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 08:40 PM       
Mabye 16 people in an online multiplayer game will change your mind a little bit :<

Also, I thought for sure Strikers would be a giant lump of shit, but I played it a little in a GameCrazy over the weekend and it's fucking FANTASTIC.
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM       
Yeah, I love kart games and all but Mario Kart's just not doing it for me. If Mario Kart Wii is going to be anything like Double Dash then I think I can get along without it.