Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 07:17 PM        True Stories
I've been putting off buying this Talking Heads album for almost a year because I was under the impression that it was godawful, but I just bought it last weekend and got really into it on my first listen. Is there a reason why this was considered perhaps the lowest point in David Byrne's career?

Also, did anyone here see the movie? I've heard great things about it but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 03:17 PM       
The movie is pretty entertaining and nicely done. Havent watched it for years though...
There is a movie soundtrack album too (not the talking heads album) and if memory serves it has some of the same songs but the movie versions sung by the cast (people like us sung by John Goodman for example) and also has some great bits of incidental music. Used to have it years ago, but fuck knows what happened to it.
I quite like a lot of the talking heads true stories album, but its a bit 'slick' and not a 'classic'. Love for Sale is amazing though.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 07:10 PM       
i dont understand why true stories is hated either. Love For Sale and Papa Legba are awesome tunes. I would say the worst Heads album is Naked, but Naked is still a great album.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 01:06 PM       
I like Naked more then True Stories, but I like True Stories more then Speaking in Tounges which would make it the worst for me I guess.

That being said they are all fantastic albums. Rankings otherwise.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM       
Speaking in Tongues doesn't do anything for me, but whenever I'm playing it I'm digging it. It's nothing special, though, and I always dismiss it immediately whenever I'm deciding what to listen to next. I think Girlfriend is Better is an excellent song.

And most of Naked feels like the latter half of Remain in Light, which I never liked. Nothing but Flowers has the highest play count on my iTunes though.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 08:45 AM       
Speaking in tongues is one of my favourites, without a doubt.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM       
True Stories was the first audiocassette I ever bought.

I wonder if I still have it somewhere...
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 11:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
Speaking in tongues is one of my favourites, without a doubt.
i would have to agree. This Must Be The Place has such a euphoric melody. my favorite though is probably Fear Of Music