Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:24 AM        Recommend Some Comedy CDs
Since music is for fags, 90% of my CD collection is stand-up stuff. I feel like buying some more so I'm going to the store tomorrow (in honor of war or something). The problem is I don't know what to get.

I have everything Carlin, Seinfeld, Lewis Black, and Mitch Hedberg right now. I also have Denis Leary's Lock 'n Load, so I might pick up No Cure For Cancer, but what I'm really considering is David Cross' stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or tell me what's good or bad so I can get an idea.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:31 AM       
They Might Be Giants
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:32 AM       
i know hound is gonna recommend neil hamburger. that is a good choice. david cross is good. if you like prank calls matt besser's "may i help you dumbass?" is pretty funny.

sadly i havent checked out many new comedy albums lately
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:34 AM       
My friend has some CD called TOmmy & Rumble, it's spposedly hilarious.

huond is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 01:35 AM       
NEEEEILLL MOTHERFUCKING HAAAAAMMMMBURGERRRR!!!! AMERICAS FUNNYMAN!!!! I'd recommend his dvd over his cds since seeing him perform is so fucking great.

Unless you've seen him peform any other time ever, I'd recommend Todd Barry's "Medium Energy" too. He seems to only have one set of jokes for his entire career span though

As for David Cross' cds, I'd go with "Shut up you fucking baby" over "It's not funny." Both are great and all. :/
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 31st, 2004, 01:38 AM       
Stephen Lynch
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 05:05 AM       
Fuck Denis Leary. Get "Rant in E-Minor" by Bill Hicks. It is a fantastic album, probably my favorite stand-up album.

I liked "It's Not Funny" more than "Shut up You Fucking Baby"

I got Bobcat Goldthwait's CD, and it's pretty much a greatest-hits album. There are some old jokes on there. But it's kind of nice to have, it pretty much covers his whole career. If you like Bobcat Goldtwait and all.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:31 AM       
After reading the first amazon.com review for America's Funnyman, I'm convinced that it'll be one of the best things I'll ever buy ever.

And I've actually been looking around for some Bill Hicks but I can't seem to find a store that carries his CDs around here. I might have to order it online or something.

Old May 31st, 2004, 12:54 PM       
to be honest, i forgot he even had a cd titled america's funnyman, its just sort of a moniker for him i'm sure its great but i dont have it yet Neil's "50 States 50 Laughs" is so fucking hilarious but you can only buy it at shows

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 01:17 PM       
Neil Pollack's American literature album. Hysterical.

EDIT: Neal

Also, it's not stand up. Just a mockery of pseudo-intellectuals.
Chojin's Hussy
Sicktodeathmx is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 03:12 PM       
Bill Hicks, Brother Dave, David Cross

Jennifer Michelle
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:07 PM       
ANYTHING by Bill Hicks. I recommend Rant in E Minor.

Eddie Izzard as well, if it strikes you.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:30 PM       
Dane Cook - Harmful If Swallowed
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:09 PM       
I went to Best Buy because Best Buy usually has everything, but there was no Bill Hicks. There was a divider for him, so I know they might carry them in the future, but there was no Neil Hamburger section.

Tommy & Rubble sounds stupid so I didn't even bother looking for it.

I went with David Cross' "It's Not Funny", Dane Cook's "Harmful if Swallowed", and was pleasantly surprised to find not one but two Sam Kinison CDs. I didn't even know his stuff was on CD, and they were both only seven bucks. I'm surprised I didn't pop a boner.

There was a lot of Cosby shit there though. And there was a whole row of Jimmy Fallon.

kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:12 PM       
I like Bill Cosby
pope_hentai is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:02 PM       
one more vote for bill hicks!

When Chavo is bad he goes in the barrel!
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:22 PM       
Esuohlim: Instead of Best Buy, do you have a Barnes and Noble?

Ours usually carries good shit, and is a good standby if Best Buy or Circuit City fail.
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:45 PM       
Yeah, but it's pretty far away. There is a good-sized Borders that hasn't disappointed me in the past, but it's not a place I think of when I think of CDs. I should try there next time.

Old May 31st, 2004, 08:47 PM       
If you plan on buying any you're probably going to have to order Neil Hamburger stuff online, or at least go to a good underground record store :/
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 10:30 AM       
i second dane cook - harmful if swallowed

and jackie martling - f jackie
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 11:17 AM       
HEY BIGTIMECOW, I BOUGHT IT. TRY READING.

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 12:06 PM       
Denis Leary is awesome, and if you liked Lock 'n Load I'm sure you'll enjoy No Cure For Cancer. Though, in all honesty, I found Lock 'n Load to be even more entertaining in the long run. Bill Hicks is great too... buy any of his stuff and you're sure to get some laughs. And I think it's stupid that some people think you can only listen to one or the other (Leary or Hicks). It's fucking comedy, enjoy it all.

David Cross has great material, but yeah, the "Shut Up" double CD is definitely the better one.

Dane Cook is awesome live, and while I haven't heard his CD, I'm sure it's pretty damned funny.

If you can find anything by Harland Williams, I strongly suggest getting his stand-up comedy CD. He's just absolutely brilliant and makes up 90% of his material on the spot by fucking with the audience. I'm not sure, but I think he might sell his "Crowd Control" CD on his web site.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 12:46 PM       
Both of Mitch Hepburg's CDs are good, but his newer one is better.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 12:49 PM       
Anything by Doug Stanhope. He's got three CDs and a DVD out. You'll probably have to buy them off his website, but depending on where you live, some record stores might carry him. He's got another CD coming out soon called ....Before Turning the Gun on Himself. If you like Hicks, you'll probably like Stanhope.

George Carlin- Back in Town and You Are All Diseased are probably the two best albums he's ever done.

Bill Hicks's Rant in E Minor is indeed a brilliant one, and NO COMEDY COLLECTION IS COMPLETE WITHOUT IT. BUY IT NOW.

Richard Pryor- Was it Something I Said? and That ******'s Crazy are both great too.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 1st, 2004, 06:51 PM       
I strongly secound Eddie Izzard. Get dressed to kill on dvd or die