Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM        Ultimatum!!
Today I gave my roomate an ultimatum. Pay up, clean her crap up, keep up with her part of the housework or she needs to pack her shit up and leave. The problem I have is that it made me feel like crap. She has a daughter who is my godaughter.

I really love my godaughter and it would hurt to see her leave too. I feel my standards (such as they are ha ha right guys??) are being compromised. I hate coming home from work/school to a crapped up house and a pile of dirty dishes that I didn't make. I LOVE coming home to my godaughter as she is a real joy to me! I also found out that my roomate is seeing another guy and she already has a boyfriend. I reminded her today of my "No Guys Across the Threshold" policy, which was enforced when my godaughter came to live with me. My roomate has had four men since this child was born and when she moved in with me, I told her that this home was for her daughter and it wasn't a turnstile for various guys. As of last night my roomate has honored this. Last night she brought home a guy who was not her boyfriend.

Today I told her to pack up her shit if she couldn't abide by the rules.

I feel like crap about it but I still make the house payment and pay the lights. She's behind again with the rent. I feel like I go to work and school to just feel normal. It makes me wonder what her daugher might be feeling? Children can pick up vibes between two people. She is such a phenominal little girl.

Alright, stupid rant is over!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:10 PM       
She's using the kid to get to you! hehe.
You can't live like that just because of a kid.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 7th, 2006, 12:23 PM       
'We were just saying that our sensory inputs have become acclimated to your biological signature.'
'I see. I am fond of you as well, Commander.'

Yeah, it isn't easy at all and there's a good shot she knows you're feeling bad and won't hesitate to beat up on your conscience until you begrudgingly let her stay if she promises FOR REAL THIS TIME OKAY NO FOOLING AROUND to follow the rules of the house. Which she'll do for a week or so.

Most people are shit and will abuse you if you let them. Your best bet is to be mock-helpful by giving her really interesting articles on cheap apartment fares.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:22 PM       
Bury her in the back yard and raise the girl as your own.

Problem solved.
Psychedelic
Lotida is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:33 PM       
Terra.. I have to agree with Chojin, however, Ziggy's opinion is also a good one... if you could get away with it!.

Be proud of yourself that you stood up to enforce the rules you set in the beginning. If the girl has any sense at all she will see that you are only trying to do what's best for her daughter. Unfortunately, like Chojin point out, most people will continue to take advantage of you if you let them.

Stick to your guns on this one. Chances are if she does move out she will be begging to come back soon enough!
MAMA MIA!
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM       
Thank you guys. Yeah, it's almost like the anology of the frog in a boiling pot of water. You don't know how bad your cooking until your done. When she first moved in, I had everything hammered out in stone. Then things got busy for me and I came home too tired to bitch. This was my first mistake. It's amazing how easy things can snowball to the way it is now. The point is that I don't really NEED her money to survive here. I was doing just fine. But now I notice the area that is MY area is delegated to one bedroom and a bathroom while she has taken over the rest of the house AND the other bathroom.

It's like I woke up and all of a sudden "WTF??" Hitting a point where I would rather stay at school or work rather than being here is a wake up call. Compounding that is health issues now and just when I'm thinking "enough is ENOUGH!" is where my godaughter will come up to me with her most cherished blankee and babydoll and give it to me because she senses I need comfort.

But time will tell now. Hopefully I won't have to say NOW THIS IS FOR REAL AND NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY AGAIN I MEAN IT THIS TIME NO REALLY I REALLY REALLY MEAN IT!!!

The cats would dig her body up, Zigs and her daughter is right in the middle of potty training and I just don't think I can muster the goombas for that one. She has made one doody in the potty for me and I thought I was going to pass out from the sight. I need her mother alive at LEAST until little Jada can wipe herself.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:44 PM       
Quote:
Then things got busy for me and I came home too tired to bitch. This was my first mistake. It's amazing how easy things can snowball to the way it is now.
I know exactly what you mean. I have quite a busy and stressfull job and although I don't like coming home to my lodger's dirt, I don't fancy having a row and bad atmosphere. Then I had such huge boyfriend troubles in the house, the last thin I needed was argument with her, so I've been cleaning up her shit for years, like her Mum almost. Thing is it is hard to get through to her as she's not very bright - you know how drunk people are always repeating themselves? She's like that sober. I want to kick her out.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:54 PM       
Train the baby to fight in baby cage fights. Make money from winning fights. Pay bills with baby fight money.
MAMA MIA!
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bod
Then I had such huge boyfriend troubles in the house, the last thin I needed was argument with her, so I've been cleaning up her shit for years, like her Mum almost
Boyfriend troubles were never an issue for me, even when I was with my ex. I wanted to make sure that nobody else came into the house where my godaughter was, and while she is here I never want to confuse her with "uncles." The problem is that I don't feel I'm clear enough for my roomate and while she doesn't have my standards she still should respect my wishes, if not for me then for her own child. But I know what you mean Bod, enough crap from the outside will detract you from what is going on at homebase. I feel for you with your roomie. Mine is not that bad and when I come home to a bunch of shit all over the place...I just toss it in her room. Why should I deal with it? And yet like an asshole, I do.

James? "Baby Cage Fights" is called "daycare" (in some cases). I will look into it tomorrow. Hopefully the other mommies and daddies will like to make a few extra bucks on the side.
PILLOWFIGHT is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM       
"Yeah, it's almost like the anology of the frog in a boiling pot of water. You don't know how bad your cooking until your done"

Terra that makes.. NO SENSE!
Also that sucks about having to kick out your own daughter
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:15 PM       
does that H stand for HOUSTONE?
MAMA MIA!
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:16 PM       
It's a buddy. Not a daughter PILLOWFIGHT.

Are you in "Houstone" yet liquidstatick??
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:32 PM       
I shared a room with a guy who was so disgustingly messy that you couldn't tell where the mess started from. I tried hard to hose my side of the room down with air freshener spray and made sure that my floor was clean, but in the end his slob ways always won over. His garbage, and I mean garbage as in subway wrappers and crushed soda cans would always creep over to my side of the room. I was too nice of a guy and I suspected my roommate had some mental issues so I never had the balls to bitch him out. Instead, one night I got loaded and decided to piss all over his clothes in the closet. Luckily for me it never smelled like piss.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra
It's a buddy. Not a daughter PILLOWFIGHT.

Are you in "Houstone" yet liquidstatick??
Houstone, call it screwstone.
Make y'all lean back, when im on da microphone.

and no, not yet.
PILLOWFIGHT is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:33 PM       
terra you are the kewlest girl i know!!!
MAMA MIA!
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:44 PM       
Your so sweet PILLOWFIGHT but in real life (don't let on or the other mockers will turn me into hamburger meat!) I am a big jerk! As was made apparent by this thread.

But as you are so supportive, I am in debt!
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM       
This thread sucks now. Terra, how about you just fist your roommate while she's sleeping and then pull it out as she starts to wake up and walk out of the room closing the door loudly to snap her to full consciousness? Then she'll be really unsure of what just happened, and if it really happened. And things will be so awkward and she won't know what to do so she'll leave without ever explaining why. Because if she does, and it was all a dream, she seems like a crazy bitch. But if it wasn't a dream, then she'll be too ashamed of herself to deal.

Also, fuck you.
MAMA MIA!
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:07 PM       
James, save this for your date please. You know, that stuffed animal you tongue?