Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:30 PM        new stuff. what i think of it. yeah.
aereogramme - sleep & release (mogwai's buddies put out another great album. i'm not sure if this one is quite as good as "story in white", but it's at least close!)
lightning bolt - wonderful rainbow (brilliant! totally brilliant! blows the old stuff away! best rock album of the year so far!)
glass candy - love love love (way better than i expected. my roommate came in asking if this was the yeah yeah yeahs. what a retard!)
volcano the bear - the one burned ma (i was let down by the last vtb album i bought. the name escapes me just like the bland tunes did. but this one totally makes up for it. great stuff.)
mendoza line - i like you when you're not around (bleh. this blows. taking this to cd warehouse tomorrow... only buy if you like being disappointed and bored to death.)
my baby's mama
glowbelly is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 01:39 PM       
hello mitchell.

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 06:08 PM        re:
hi karen. did you get ahold of any of those cd's i recommended?
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 07:26 PM        Re: new stuff. what i think of it. yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron mitchell
lightning bolt - wonderful rainbow (brilliant! totally brilliant! blows the old stuff away! best rock album of the year so far!)
.)
GOOD SHIT. 100% correct.

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:05 PM        re:
dude, i just got the fucking dvd in and it fucking destroys! it's also fucking packed with shit! i also got the blood brothers dvd in which is pretty cool as well.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:46 PM       
See, there are a bunch of bands out there that I don't know shit about. I don't know what kind of music they are, how long they've been around, or if they're any good. Thank God for you, Mitchell. Now I can go out and buy those CDs because you said they are great! What WOULD we do without someone like you reviewing obscure albums in one sentence?

By the way, it's called a Shift key. Use it, k plz thx.

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 10:54 PM        re:
1. you like evanescence.

2. you are on the internet. if you can't be bothered to look your own damned reviews up you don't need to be listening to these bands.

3. does my lack of capitalization make my posts difficult to read? if so, i urge you save yourself the headache and stick to the other users' posts.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 11:17 PM       
well, it doesn't make it difficult to read. but it does show how intellectually inept you are if you don't have the motor skills to hold down one button while pressing another, therefore making yourself look like less of an idiot.

as for the other comments you made, i think they speak for themselves. no sense me trying to top them as far as making you look like a retard goes.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 12:23 AM       
Jamesman...why are you trying to pick a fight for no particular reason? This is the music discussion forum...he is discussing music. That fact that it is unfamiliar to you is of little concern to anyone but yourself. And word of mouth (or at least it's internet equivalent) is a great way to hear of new bands...so, try not to be so pointlessly condescending.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 02:34 AM       
It's quite simple, BF. He's a stupid. I mean, I don't really consider "my roommate came in asking if this was the yeah yeah yeahs. what a retard!" being an opinion or discussion. If you're going to discuss music, you should... you know, DISCUSS it. A single sentence about how it "blows everything away" only shows that this person is an annoyance.

And as previously stated, it doesn't help his status any that he thinks capitalization is a political movement.

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:08 AM        re:
jamesman,
you're a sad, old tart. it's okay, though... i won't read your posts if you won't read mine.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 09:27 AM       
Jamesman;

I've never had any beef with you before, but you've been a flaming asshole lately. SHUT THE FUCK UP. NOW.

Everyone else: I've heard a fair amount of music that Mitchell has recommended, and he's got damn good taste. I haven't done so recently, but I suggest you check out stuff that he recommends.
________
HARMED BY PRILOSEC

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:31 AM.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 09:46 AM       
To be fair, most of the people I single out had it coming. And I still say that if you're going to give your opinion on something, it should at least contain some substance.

But very well, I'll let this one slide. Too many other people deserve to be lynched like a darkie who stole an apple from Massah's tree.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 11:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
It's quite simple, BF. He's a stupid. I mean, I don't really consider "my roommate came in asking if this was the yeah yeah yeahs. what a retard!" being an opinion or discussion. If you're going to discuss music, you should... you know, DISCUSS it. A single sentence about how it "blows everything away" only shows that this person is an annoyance.

And as previously stated, it doesn't help his status any that he thinks capitalization is a political movement.
a) that sentence was pointed at me alone, and i know what he's talking about.

b) this is a music discussion forum, and he is discussing music, just because you haven't heard it doesnt mean he's "name-dropping" he's just saying what he's into and hoping some others might be on the same wavelength

c) being a BITCH about spelling is bad enough, being a TOTAL BITCH about using the shift key is the saddest of sad.

d) you lose.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 01:36 PM       
Quote:
Too many other people deserve to be lynched like a darkie who stole an apple from Massah's tree.
You're giving yourself too much credit. Relax, I-mockery police.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 07:54 PM       
I wasn't stating that inreference to my own actions, Helm. It was meant to be general.

But fine. I'll leave the guy alone. For now, at least. No sense picking on someone just to get mobbed by 10 of his supporters.

So Mitchell, I will apologize for pouncing on you because I thought what you wrote was incredibly stupid. It turns out it is not stupid (as I have been told by everyone else in this thread). So I will wait until you do something stupid for real. Until then, please discuss more albums.
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:20 PM       
Maybe some GG Allin is in order?

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:30 PM        re:
apology accepted, jamesman. i know i, along with my posts, are rather flawed. i'm certainly not above criticism. i just feel uneasy about describing things i'm attached to. i am the world's worst reviewer. i'd rather say i love something and let someone else decide what they think of it, rather than me describe much about it beforehand. but yeah, i have no desire for message board drama whatsoever. thread dead.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 08:34 PM       
We can be friends now.

By the way, am I right in assuming all those albums listed are punk?

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 09:15 PM        re:
nah. i actually listen to almost no punk at all.
aereogramme is somewhere between baroque rock and post-rock. lots of different styles mixed together. lightning bolt is very, very loud art/math rock. glass candy is pretty straight-up garage/trash rock. volcano the bear create experimental sound-collage stuff. pretty wide range of stuff in there, too. mendoza line is shitty-ass indie rock.
my baby's mama
glowbelly is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 10:32 AM       
mitchell,
i did get one of the cds that you suggested (the mountain goats). i have listened to it twice through and brought it with me to work to listen to again. i like it so far. it was exactly what i was looking for when i asked for sad. i ordered the xiu xiu that you recommended, but it hasn't come from amazon yet. i tried to order the !!!, but for some reason my credit card wouldn't work on that site. maybe we can make a deal where i send you pictures of my legs in various types of stockings and you send me a copy of that cd? :P

as for the no capital thing, i gave up on my shift key a long time ago, but for some reason jamesman has refused to comment on it. i think it's because i'm a girl. if only he knew our mitchell a little better, he may have not jumped on his back so quickly.

i would also like to concur with the lurvely sspadowsky that mitchell does indeed have nice taste in music. he always brings something fresh to the table that you have never heard of. that's why i asked him awhile back for some suggestions. my music collection was getting boring, and i knew that he was a good person to ask to spice it up a bit.

much

karen.

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 06:24 PM        re:
karen, you have just received the first private message i have sent on this site. please check it.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
very loud art/math rock
This sounds really good.

Old Mar 12th, 2003, 06:42 PM        re:
i've repeatedly tried to trade files here. noone has shown any interest. however, i am persistent... my aol-im name is toliveandshave. i'm on right now.