Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:31 PM        Bastards...
I just got back home from the movie theater from watching Slither.
Great movie, recommended for everyone.
Anyway, here I sit, 2/3rds through the movie, when the scene gets sliced in half by a big black blotch. I go up and complain.
Dude comes down with his little chinese lady supervisor, tells me I can't have a refund but I can have a free pass to another movie.

They also tell me that it wasn't their fault, but that the film was faulty.

I'm not buying it.

Whatever, fucking bastards.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:33 PM       
You didn't happen to go to a Rave movie theater, did you?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM       
Naw, just a poorly maintained one.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:20 PM       
My bro manages a movie theatre and he's told me stories like this all the time. It's quite possible that it wasn't their fault. He told me a story one time how the Hulk was playing perfectly fine untill the projector went ape shit and began eating the film, destroying it beyond repair. He's also told me stories of staying at the theatre untill 6am trying to fix a film that was fucked up when they got it from the distributor.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:01 PM       
I dont' beleive Film tears are a fault of the film istelf. Once at our theater the film itself got wrapped around the concrete base of the Projector, pulled taught ant tore the projector right out of the concrete!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 17th, 2006, 06:46 AM       
Well, I went back yesterday at 7:30 to see Slither again with my free movie passes. Guess what? The film was perfect. Afterward, they told me a piece of tape flipped off of the reels when they switched and landed inside the lens. I would also like to mention that I was one of just two people in the theater yesterday night.
master_d_68 is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:53 AM       
I remember when it first came out, it was the best reviewed film of the year thus far. I think it was beat out by United 93, Slither still kicks major ass though, even if it is eerily similar to Night of the Creeps.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM       
Yeah, it had Night of the Creeps written all over it.