Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 07:18 PM       
its the moustache and wahacky pose
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM       
New sunny was FUNY.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 04:19 PM       
New workaholics was funny, a lot better than the first episode from last week.

Anders got drunk and woke up with bleach blond hair then started giving the other guy lip. The rowlf looking guy was all like "Whatever Ric Flair.....WHHOOOOOOOOOO!"

:LOL
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 03:11 PM       
Also in the new workaholics someone gets hit in the face and is all like "funky buttloving."

Then they're like "did he just say funky buttloving?"

Love rookie of the year.
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 03:17 PM       
Last nights episode was actually really funny of philly. It felt like an older episode.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Also in the new workaholics someone gets hit in the face and is all like "funky buttloving."

Then they're like "did he just say funky buttloving?"

Love rookie of the year.
green pickle
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 12:51 PM       
I always forget to watch Workaholics, but I've liked each episode I've seen.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 04:04 AM       
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment...is_return.html
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:56 AM       
Yeah, I read that yesterday. I am not sure if we should celebrate yet though. He doesn't have funding for it. Plus it'll take several studios that don't normally work together to do so.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM       
China, Il on adult swim was excellent. I really hope that adult swim keeps this one because Brad Neely is a comedy king. They changed how the animation is...it's not single frames anymore, which I guess wouldn't make sense on tv. Plus they gave everyone pupils. But I was surprised at how fast I got used to them moving fluidly and how good it was.

Last edited by k0k0 : Oct 3rd, 2011 at 03:11 PM.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 04:35 PM       
From what I saw it kind of reminded me of Superjail, which is one of the greatest shows of all time. Second season wasn't as good as the first though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM       
Neely and Augenblick make comics come to LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
The Glum Cunt
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:22 PM       
I want to see more babycakes in China, il. I know most new people to the show will see him and think he's just the token stupid guy, but if you've seen the web animations, he's super deep. I wouldn't mind if it just focused on the professor brothers, but more babycakes would be nice for me.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
but if you've seen the web animations, he's super deep.
I have no clue what these guys are talking about but I bert this is a lie.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM       
steve harvey is the new host of family feud. This shit is hilarious.
The Glum Cunt
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 01:08 PM       
As soon as you start hosting a gameshow and are a comedian, do you gotta go bald now? Howie mandell had good hair and so did steve harvey.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM       
Steve Harvey is awesome on Family Feud. Every episode I've seen he's a total dick to the contestants

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 06:19 PM       
So I've been binging through some South Park for the last few weeks. Not in order, really, just jumping around here or there.

I've decided that the turning point of the series from awesome to shitty was the first episode they started 4th grade, halfway through Season 4. It's nothing but classic episode after classic episode until that point, which is where the forgettable episodes begin and there's more mediocre than good.

Cartman's character jumped the shark at the Scott Tenorman episode, which is early Season 5. Up until that point Cartman is dumb, naive, racist and intolerant not because he's an asshole but because he's a little kid who doesn't know any better. From that moment on Cartman is a conniving, plotting, evil little pseudo-genius who is racist and intolent in a completely different way that a little ignorant kid would be.

Episodes become unwatchable at around Season 7 or 8, when subtlety is thrown completely out the window in favor of repeating jokes over and over again or making one joke stretch the entirety of an episode. An example of the former is the Coon episode with the BP oil spill, where there are THREE goddamn instances where the BP guy apologizes while doing wacky things. An example of the latter is the Michael Jackson episode where it's all "haha we will try to charge a rich man for crimes he didn't commit just because he's black".

So yeah, the first three seasons are really the only good South Park. It's quick-paced and timeless. Episodes now focus on shitty topical humor and they have LONG GODDAMN DRAWN-OUT BORING DIALOGUE.

And the worst part about it, the WORST, is that nobody I know agrees. All my friends still love South Park to death just like they always have. I just find the newer episodes so mind-numbingly dull that it's hard for me to see what people still like about it

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 07:19 PM       
south park is still on? whoa, color my mind blown

wait blown isn't a color n/m
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 09:51 PM       
Don't worry Milhouse, I agree with you.

I think I started to hate it for the wrong reasons. I loved South Park when it started so much that I hated seeing it change in season four, with the new teacher, new theme music etc. What REALLY drove me up the wall though was that in season five they bizarrely began using stock music as incidental cues. I swear that before the fifth season all the music was written specifically for the show, but there is at least one cue in season five that I heard in an episode of King of the Hill, and there are other weird out of place cues that are obviously from elsewhere.

The other thing is the animation. I hate hate hate when there'll be an imitation 3d shot of Cartman or whoever. The one example I can think of is an episode in season 6 or 7 where Cartman prays to his Mel Gibson poster. It was so awkward and wrong. It's like The Simpsons when they realised that seeing Homer head-on or seeing Bart's face twist around when he spoke was disturbing, but in reverse. Matt and Trey want the animation to look worse for some reason.

Like you, I hated that one joke, usually topical, was stretched to fill an entire episode. I know that people are generally down on season 2, even Matt and Trey themselves, but it has real plots with jokes arising from the characters, the dialogue and the situation that they're in. Robert Redford or whatever celebrity will appear for two or three scenes of the episode, but it's not Mel Gibson running around throwing shit for twenty minutes.

What made it worse for me personally was that I was the biggest South Park fan I knew when it started, I liked it better than The Simpsons at the time (mostly because it had passed its peak; I was the biggest Simpsons fan I knew before South Park came along,) and I'm from the UK where South Park completely dissappeared from TV for two or three seasons. From season three it was pushed back later and later into schedules, season four arrived way later than usual, and season five arrived even later than that, I think almost a year later than it aired in the US. Season six didn't air on ANY channel, and I don't think season seven or eight did either. Eventually MTV picked it up and repeated all of the episodes we didn't get, and showed the new ones.

Obviously, I had turned to downloading them at season six when I had become impatient from the long wait I had for season five, so I got to see them. But I hated that people here had completely forgotten about it and acted like it was a terrible show that they didn't miss anyway. I tried to convince people that South Park was still good to no avail. Then MTV picked it up, people started watching again, and it got a second wind. Now people quote new South Parks, and I just think, "that episode is terrible, and where were you when it was still decent?"

I gave up on it for a few years after that, but in the last few months I've caught one or two when there's been nothing else on TV and actually really enjoyed it. I guess the distance has helped. I also may have just got lucky with the ones I stumbled across, as hardly any were current event based and were just about the kids being kids, such as the one where they all become wrestlers.

...What a long shitty post this is.
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 10:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor View Post
I know that people are generally down on season 2, even Matt and Trey themselves, but it has real plots with jokes arising from the characters, the dialogue and the situation that they're in. Robert Redford or whatever celebrity will appear for two or three scenes of the episode, but it's not Mel Gibson running around throwing shit for twenty minutes.
Even though I don't understand how anyone could possibly dislike Season 2, I couldn't agree with this more (and I could write an even lengthier tirade on the downfall of the Simpsons using this exact point). The very best of both shows happened when they were character-driven. Now they come up with plots first and try to wedge the characters into them.

Goddamn, it could take me days to sort out all the problems I have with the Simpsons post-Season 8. People keep telling me that it's picked up a little since the movie came out, but I refuse to even try again because I know it's not really better. I heard nothing but good things about the movie too, but there's no way I'll ever be interested.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 10:45 PM       
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT THE NASCAR EPISODE IS FUCKING HILARIOUS.
Arts & Farts
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM       
I'm the same with The Simpsons and just like South Park I've seen some decent ones recently. I actually saw one new Simpsons that I'd go as far as to say I loved (although I can't remember a single thing about it, so that could be called into question.)

The movie has mainly the good writers from the past and I'd describe it as decent. I'd also describe it as being slightly funnier than the best Pixar films.
Arts & Farts
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 10:52 PM       
By the way, with people in the UK hating something then turning around and suddenly loving it: the same happened with Ali G. By the time he went to the States and got his HBO show, everyone I knew acted like they were above him. I tried and tried to convince everyone that the HBO show was amazing but it was out of fashion then.

Fast forward to the Borat movie...
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM       
DOING THE SHIVA BOWL SHUFFLE.