Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 11:44 PM       
I had an enema recently. And it really riled me that they never gave me anything for the discomfort.

I mean, holding your water is some serious shit.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 11:44 PM       
NOT RELEVANT YOU NON CRAZY JERK
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 12:02 AM       
Yggdrasill hit me up next time you want to spend all your money ok
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 12:14 AM       
Chojin i'll buy you a game just for kicks.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 12:58 AM       
But everything I want is expensive :<

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200345
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=200304

The second one a little less so i guess!
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 04:11 AM       
Welll when I get paid of course.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
like 5 months of this year? Although I'm pretty sure Chojin was the only one who noticed I was gone so yeah.

The hilarious part is that I met some of the greatest people ever in that place and felt like I actually fit in somewhere :<
why were you in the bin?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 04:55 PM       
oh is THAT where you were?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM       
Yes! I was there because my parents sent me to a wilderness program in the Oregon desert and I beat up a staff member with a Nalgene.

Which is a really really hard water bottle.
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM       
What for?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM       
Because he was being a giant fucking dickhole?

Every single staff at that place loved playing idiotic mind games with the kids there, and after like 3 weeks I wouldn't have it anymore.

Then I went to the place in Idaho where I met all sorts of lovable characters, including the hyperactive little black kid we all called "radio" and some 13 year old fatty who I swear to god could have been Juttin's brother. :<
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 07:50 PM       
Idaho is full of crazy fucking people. Someone needs to destroy this state for the good of our nation.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 07:57 PM       
Did I mention the staff at the Idaho place were all a bunch of borderline-retarded fatasses on power trips? Except the teachers for the school portion of it, they were great.

Also, I am requesting an epic saga on why Emily was sent to the loony bin
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 11:41 PM       
Quote:
NOT RELEVANT YOU NON CRAZY JERK

bitch cunt
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 12:41 PM       
Quote:
Did I mention the staff at the Idaho place were all a bunch of borderline-retarded fatasses on power trips?
I hate those bitches and you are on the ball sir.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM       
Okay, since I've never really told y'all (and I'm only going to go through typing it all out once)

10th grade, one of my previously very close friends killed herself. I was told the day after Christmas, and since her father was Jewish, she had to be buried within something like 3 days, so I was unable to attend. The year afterward (11th), I had a huge mental breakdown along with what the school considered to be a conspiracy in my circle of friends, so I was sent to Taylor Manor, another friend went to Sheppard Pratt, and yet another went to Johns Hopkins. My friend that went to Sheppard got off pretty easy. My friend that was sent to Johns Hopkins is pretty much a vegetable now due to over-medication with Valium among other meds. I was mis-diagnosed with major depression, seasonal affective disorder, and was put on Prozac immediately. Prozac made me worse, but I did what I could to get out of that place, so I pretended to be better. I stopped taking it while telling them I still was to escape it. I was also packed off to several psychiatrists, one of which decided to inform my parents (during the initial visit and in front of me) that he was certain I was raped or molested as a child. Thankfully my parents saw that as tactless and uncalled for and went to the rest.

It wasn't until later on after years of therapy that I was officially re-diagnosed correctly with bipolar type 2, severe seasonal affective disorder, adhd, a sleeping disorder, and an un-named eating/mood disorder. After trying Prozac, Wellbutrin, Strattera, Zoloft, Nortryptalin, Seroquel, Trazadone, and I'm sure a few others, I still have found no medication to help. Growing older has done nothing to even out my chemicals in my brain, but Eric's been the only person I've dated to really deal with me in any productive manner, even if I tell him he's no help at all. Honestly, he helps a lot, and understands me better than any other boyfriend in the past. I'm still looking for medication to help with all this, but after all the prior failure with meds, I'm not very optimistic.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM       
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
I was also packed off to several psychiatrists, one of which decided to inform my parents (during the initial visit and in front of me) that he was certain I was raped or molested as a child. Thankfully my parents saw that as tactless and uncalled for and went to the rest.

That's actually a disconcertingly common thing to happen with psychiatrists, especially when their patients are young women. It was kind of a fad in the 90's to chalk everything up to rape or molestation and use bullshit techniques like "regression" therapy and hypnosis to conjure up lost or intentionally forgotten memories that millions of young American adults were supposedly suppressing. My guess is that because treating rape cases can't be quickly solved or treated using medication and requires years worth of Freudian psychoanalysis (or so the theory goes.) So, if the psychiatrist could convince you you were raped, he could stand to have you in $50-$100 therapy sessions for a good hunk of your adult life. And there's a certain notoriety that goes along with becoming known for treating rape victims. You and your parents made the right decision. :o
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 11:24 PM       
It seems just as common to shove drugs down someone's throat rather than talking to them empathetically, and looking for a solution other than "they were raped."

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Level 29 ♂
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 11:29 PM       
It is, but that technique, unfortunately, does work a lot more often than psychoanalysis. :<
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:39 AM       
The first thing they do is pump you full of meds. MLE you might want to try Lithium so far it seems to be working ok for me.

edit: also none of those meds worked for me too. I ended up taking a whole bottle of trazadone
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:27 AM       
Trazadone was for the insomnia, and as long as it's not old pills, it knocks me right the fuck out.

Also, I forgot to mention that after the false molestation diagnosis, I was actually molested and near-raped by my next boyfriend and left emotionally scarred that still affects me to this day, hence the 2 1/2 year engagement time with Eric. Eric's wonderful and all, it's just that I'm still insecure with myself, so I'm inherently insecure about any friendship or relationship.

And Ygg? I'm scared shitless of Lithium/Valium because of what happened to my one friend. He has no emotion or dreams left.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:34 AM       
lol crazy people. Take average strength anti-depressants like the rest of us and save yourself the embarrassment :O

That was very funny. Well done.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:36 AM       
If you read my first post on the subject a little higher up, I think you'll see I've had enough experience on the subject already.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:43 AM       
After gw said something about being institutionalized I just stopped reading the posts. Apparently a lot of ya are pretty messed up though and that makes my insomnia and bit of depression seem much smaller by comparison. Thanks

That was very funny. Well done.