Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I have Black Swan from Netflix but am afraid to watch it because I don't want to be the sort of person who watches it. If that makes any sense.
Yeah, I feel that way about The King's Speech.

Watched Friday the 13th Part III (my favorite of the bunch) and the documentary His Name Was Jason.
It's a pretty good documentary that isn't made for TV as it shows the kills.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2011, 05:41 AM       
has anybody seen atlas shrugged yet?

What the hell ever happened to preechr, anyway? dude was all excited about that movie forever ago
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old May 14th, 2011, 05:47 AM       
Due Date

Good god. I'm pretty sure I didn't smile once during this crap. I love Robert Downey Jr, seriously, I would propably give him a blowjob if he asked me, but he was annoying as hell in this. And that Zack Galfifanfaiifas guy, oh boy. I wanted to beat his pudgy and hairy face with a crowbar. But that was propably the whole point of the character, so the jokes on me I guess.

So yeah, didn't like Due Date. At all.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
has anybody seen atlas shrugged yet?

What the hell ever happened to preechr, anyway? dude was all excited about that movie forever ago
I thought it looked pretty good. I really want to see it. They've got a bunch of no-names in the leading roles, which I really dig.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM       
yea im kind of excited to see it, but nobody I know of has even watched it yet ;/
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM       
I'm not the biggest fan of Ayn Rand so I will probably not watch it.

In regard to Due Date, I saw an interview with Robert Downey Jr in which he stated that it is one of the best movies he's ever done. I spent the entire rest of the interview trying to figure out if that was a serious statement.

Also, I know that chick isn't Liv Tyler but I keep thinking she is.
BANNED

Old May 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM       
i heard ayn rand smoked crystal meth
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:22 PM       
Ebert said it was boring and it only tells the first part of the story, apparently it's going to be a trilogy.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM       
Watching Black Swan now. It's either about a crazy girl who can't get away from her mom long enough to masturbate, or about a crazy girl who can't get away from her mom long enough to have lesbian sex with Mila Kunis. Still not sure.

And really glad I'm not watching it with my mom.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM       
Death race on edited cable tv. Its falconing amazing.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 16th, 2011, 07:43 AM       
I thought Black Swan was okay, but not the tour de force people kept claiming it to be.

I liked the director of the ballet better when he was dressed in drag in Elizabeth.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM       
Movies are so lame nowadays that a decent movie looks like a tour de force.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:12 PM       

Her eyebrows bear a disturbing resemblance to mine

Elizabeth, not the Duc d'Anjou.
Lingonberry pancakes
Old May 16th, 2011, 04:21 PM       
Harry Brown (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289406/)

I really liked it. Michael Caine was such a badass and the guy is almost 80 years old. Dark movie and it made me hate teenagers almost as much as Eden Lake. The finale was a bit weaker than the rest of the movie, but it still works.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2011, 04:58 PM       
thor...what a pile of shit
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:48 PM       
I actually thought Thor was acceptable. Some bad bits, but certainly not as crap as I thought ti would be. It made me chuckle a few times, at least.

Harry Brown got reasonably bad reviews, I thought, but I wanted to watch it because I thought Michael Cain looked like a hard man in it, so I guess I will finally see if I can track it down.

Kitsa, I didn't see you as the type who would say "tour de force".
teacup of sunshine
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM       
I don't normally use gratuitous french.

I was halfassedly quoting others.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:13 AM       
That's ok. I don't think Tour de Force is really French. At least, not in the sense that people use it - "It's like Tour de France except it's FORCE."
Lingonberry pancakes
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Harry Brown got reasonably bad reviews, I thought, but I wanted to watch it because I thought Michael Cain looked like a hard man in it, so I guess I will finally see if I can track it down.
To be honest, the movie wouldn't be all that special if Michael Caine wasn't in it. It tries to make a statement about the increase of gangs in Britain, I guess, but it quickly dissolves into a borderline exploitation movie. I enjoyed it all the same.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:45 AM       
i watched priest it was kinda meh but they had a 3d trailer of the new pirates movie and the 3d effects in that one look great

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:02 AM       
I want to see the new pirates movie something fierce.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
"It's like Tour de France except it's FORCE."
That and not everyone in a tour de force is doping and roiding
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM       
That sounds like a 90s action movie.
"Tour De Force-coming soon on home video"
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:12 AM       
lolooololololololollloollolllololololololorotflmao
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronymark View Post
Last Movie watched The Green Hornet. The Green Hornet is Great Action Comedy. If I had to describe this movie in one word it would be Excellent and Hilarius.
for posterity