Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

VolCanon is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM       
they should have peter parker in the captain america suit cuz he assfucked his own disguise.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 06:17 PM       
Hulk would fuck thor up even on a happy day :O

That was very funny. Well done.
My backpacks got jets.
JohhnyDamage is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 07:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolCanon View Post
they should have peter parker in the captain america suit cuz he assfucked his own disguise.
Spider Man is back in the black suit, if I remember right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Hulk would fuck thor up even on a happy day :O
Nope, Thor could kill him. On an alternate world, Hulk was berserk and Thor snapped his neck. Thor is stronger, is a God, and has that god damn hammer. According to Marvel Universe at least.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:56 PM       
Where were YOU when Captain America died?
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 07:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyDamage View Post
Spider Man is back in the black suit, if I remember right.

Nope, Thor could kill him. On an alternate world, Hulk was berserk and Thor snapped his neck. Thor is stronger, is a God, and has that god damn hammer. According to Marvel Universe at least.
For the love of fucking god, being a "god" means nothing in terms of power or ability, okay? It just means that you are from a race of gods, such as the Asgardians or Olympians. Most Asgardians are actually on the lower end of the superpowered scale, while still being gods.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM       
Thanks. I was about to post something along those lines but you saved me the trouble.

In the marvel universe, there's pretty much never anyone stronger than hulk. It's the same as Superman in DC. There's always times when there's someone who's supposed to be just as powerful if not more so, but then they get beaten because they're classic characters who were built up to be the strongest.

Claw-men.
LOBSTER is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM       
The only good human is a dead human.

Praise be to He, Jesus Christacean! In His name, we LOBSTERS pray. Claw-men.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 04:26 PM       
Oh good, a theme character.
My backpacks got jets.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X View Post
For the love of fucking god, being a "god" means nothing in terms of power or ability, okay? It just means that you are from a race of gods, such as the Asgardians or Olympians. Most Asgardians are actually on the lower end of the superpowered scale, while still being gods.
All I'm saying is in the "What If? Hulk Went Berserk" Hulk hits his limit and is filled with a blind rage. He beats the Thing and kills him, kills Human Torch, then crushes Iron Man. He then starts squeezing Thor in a bear hug. Thor overpowers him physically (without using his hammer) and then kills him by snapping his neck. If Thor can not only manage to overpower the Hulk but then be able to kill him, well, that's good enough for me. God I love that fish.

Quote:
For the love of fucking god, being a "god" means nothing in terms of power or ability, okay?
http://marvel.com/universe/Thor_%28Thor_Odinson%29 That shows his superpowers, and benefits being a God does do for him after all.

Quote:
Asgardians are actually on the lower end of the superpowered scale
Each race is different and intelligent, but the most powerful race is that of the Gods. Taking that off of the Marvel website. http://marvel.com/universe/Asgardians

Not trying to start a fight, I'm just defending my claim.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 04:22 AM       
Thor is powerful, I never said that he wasn't. Asgardians, however, are still in general on the lower end of the power scale on average. The Eternals are much, much more powerful in general than the Asgardians.

And the Eternals aren't gods. They're genetically engineered superbeings who can manipulate matter at the atomic level and posess immortality and incredible endurance, strength and durability.

Thor gets his power from his heritage, true, but so does Superman, and he's not a god. Also, while he gets his powers from his heritage, Thor is much, much more powerful than the average Asgardian god. Balder isn't even close to being as strong as him, for instance. Balder isn't even as strong as the Thing, who's fairly strong for Marvel standards but not one of the major contenders, once again. Namor gets his power from his heritage, and he's not a god, and Namor has been known to actuelly regularly beat up the Hulk. There's also Gladiator, a Strontian, who is able to beat a full-powered Juggernaut with laughable ease, a feat Thor has never managed to pull off.

Thor is not stronger than the Hulk in general. The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets.

Hell, Thor had his ass beaten by Beta Ray Bill, who was just a cyborg supersoldier. Being a god doesn't mean very much in Marvel comics.
The Wolf
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 08:42 AM       
It's more about the characters themselves and the writers who make their stories. Hulk is marvel's main super strong guy. He gets beaten from time to time, but he's almost always more or less the strongest well known character. The madder he gets, the stronger he gets, and that's how it's always been.

A while ago, I took a look in the marvel ultimate alliance forum on gamefaqs for help in a part of the game and there was a thread there about superman vs thor. THAT was a long debate.

PS- Superman > Thor

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM       
NERRRRRRRD FIIIIIIGHT!!!!!
The Wolf
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 03:25 PM       
It's a side of me that my friends will never see :O

My backpacks got jets.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 10:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
It's more about the characters themselves and the writers who make their stories. Hulk is marvel's main super strong guy. He gets beaten from time to time, but he's almost always more or less the strongest well known character. The madder he gets, the stronger he gets, and that's how it's always been.
That's a good point, but we can all agree it would be a fight on bad ass levels.

Nothing like a good comic debate. God knows no one I work with reads comics. One guy that does says "Wolverine is unstoppable. He could wipe the Marvel Universe pretty much." All of his comic EXP is from Saturday cartoon, video games, and the Spiderman/X Men movies. So he tries telling me Spiderman first got the symbiotic suit from a space shuttle (The cartoon says that he said. And he denies Secret Wars actually happened, because it wasn't on the cartoon.)

Sorry about that one post, had a bad day lol.
The Wolf
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM       
Pretty sure secret wars did happen on that cartoon.

My backpacks got jets.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM       
Not what he said. Robby, J. Jonah's son brought back the symbiotic suit with him from a space mission. He told me that's how it happens. I dared to question/correct him so he'd sound less retarded.
The Wolf
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 09:41 PM       
Well then he's dumb. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars#Other_Media

My backpacks got jets.
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 10:54 PM       
I can see him being dumb. He's very much a hillbilly.
Forum Virgin

Mjcool is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:05 AM       
Isn't the new Spider-Man movie using the cartoon's symbiote/Venom orgin as well, since Secret Wars would cost about a billion fucking dollars to make?

Just saying...get ready to jack your co-worker in the face in a stupidity-induced fury.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 10:47 PM       
CAPTAIN AMERICA'S BEEN TORN APART. NOW HE'S A COURT JESTER WITH A BROKEN HEART
........Sorry, I coudn't resist quoting that.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 01:27 AM       
I think MOST people will believe that the Venom suit comes from space, because alot of little kids watched the cartoon but did not read the comic. After the movie, I am assuming this will increase by like x1000 :o