Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 04:27 PM       
ha keep your mechromancer class pre order guys i have my sirecommando

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I carjacked what looked like the classic TMNT van, and when I pulled the guy out it was a Ninja Turtle. I love this game.
Here's an image!

I love all the visual styles you can pick in the game. Including one to make it look like the Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, and Virtual Boy.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 07:10 PM       
So last night I went to the launch party for Dishonored. Got a buncha free stuff and actually had a good time. A shit ton of people who made it were there. I thought it'd just be a couple of dudes. Anyway, it's a great game so far. I played through the first level about 5 times to try and do it without killing anyone or getting seen. Still playing through the second level to try and do the same. This is the kind of game I love. And next playthrough I am going to go through and kill every single fucker I can.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:11 PM       
Retro City Rampage is cool if you want a game with as many references as an episode of Family Guy with gameplay that's basically GTA except it doesn't get boring quite as fast.

Also, I have a feeling it's going to be really short

pickled
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM       
It has 60 missions, challenges and a sand box mode. And all for 15 bux. What more do you want, broski?

Also Family Guy just throws shitty nonsensical references around. What's so bad about an 8bit game referencing and parodying other old Nintendo games?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 07:00 PM       
I beat Dishonored yesterday. Took me somewhere in the realm of 9 1/2 hours being moderately stealthy and finding most of the runes and bone charms.

People really talked up the Ball and because of that I felt let down. It's not as good as anything in Hitman: Blood Money. The other level designs are really good, though. The Golden Cat stands out to me as one of my favorites, as are the last three levels or so. Really challenging.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:05 PM       
I've spent about 9 hours on dishonored and have only beaten 3 levels. I'm trying to do all of the sidequests while ghosting every level and not killing anybody. So I spend a lot of time trying shit out, then loading back up and trying more shit out. Then after I beat the game, I will go back and just tear the shit out of everybody with all of the deadly powers.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:31 PM       
I just ran around, trying to find the highest route possible.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
It has 60 missions, challenges and a sand box mode. And all for 15 bux. What more do you want, broski?

Also Family Guy just throws shitty nonsensical references around. What's so bad about an 8bit game referencing and parodying other old Nintendo games?
Just tired with all of these indie games with their "ironic" graphics and shit. That, and I feel like every movie, TV show, and game has been milking 80's nostalgia for years.

I probably would have loved this a lot more when it was first announced years ago, is all

pickled
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM       
I first found out about it a year ago. Retro City Rampage isn't something that just SUDDENLY popped up you know?

It's a neat little game. If you liked NES games, I'd definitely try it out if only for nostalgia's sake.
woop woop
SKATERMONKEY is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM       
Been thrashing Fifa 13 lately.

*pics removed as they weren't displaying and were causing the screen to scroll sideways.*
pickled
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 02:40 AM       
I freaking love this game, check out the filters and extra crap.

Also, yes. I am riding Donkey Kong.
pickled
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:09 AM       

Now I'm apparently robbing Shaggy.

And here I am in my ninja mask with my sweet turtle van I jacked off a TMNT. No matter where you snag it, it always has guns by default.

Last edited by Nick : Oct 11th, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:55 AM       
Xcom and Dishonored.

Xcom is something I´ve been waiting for for years now, the industry needed a game like this, a almost perfect example how to implement classic elements into a modern game and do it right. It´s so much fun, I don´t even care that I fucked up after 6 hours and lost the game. Every single mission is so tense and writes its own little, highly dramatic story. So fucking good.

Dishonored kinda falls into the same lane for me, reminds me a lot of Thief and the first Deus Ex and that can never be a bad thing. I actually thought the first real level was tremendously easy but along came the second and BAM - I had to kill 4, 5 people just to get across the street. Gonna try that again later. Very good stuff. But 9 hours? I spent 7 just on the first level (Order HQ) alone, how can it be 9 hours long? How many Missions are there, three?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:50 AM       
9. Check my Steam gametime, son.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 08:51 AM       
http://steamcommunity.com/id/raggamofyn
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM       
I completely agree about X-Com. It's an absolutely fantastic game!
I was worried they would simplify it too much, but almost all of the choices and hard decisions of the first game are back.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 09:08 PM       

My review of Dishonored. To more enjoy Dishonored, you must first go back in time seven years and prevent yourself from playing Hitman: Blood Money.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:06 AM       
I don´t think Blood Money is a good comparison to Dishonored, they play totally different, their focus is different too.

Blood Money is the better Assassin-game of course, but then again, Dishonored is more like Thief, crossbred with Deus Ex and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

To me, the game would be pretty bad if you couldn´t teleport, it´s the defining move in the game. The thing that kinda breaks it for me is nightvision, or should I call it by its real name: Detective Vision, because that´s what it is. Get it, turn it on, never turn it off, see where everybody is, all the time. If you could only get two powers, those would be it, you don´t need any other feature in the game as it seems.

I´m also suprised how many ways to kill Corvo has when he´s cleary not supposed to kill anyone (it´s not as blatantly obvious as in Deus Ex but it rewards you for playing like that so in my book, that´s the preferable way to play the game).
I´m actually planning on doing a "kill everyone"-Playthrough with this, so basically the feeling is reverted with this game, as I would normally try not to kill anyone but that´s the way you play the game by default, at least I do. Sure, I HAVE killed enemies but...maybe 5 in the whole game so far and just because I was too lazy to load.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM       
Back on RE6. Is it just me or does anyone else think its dumb that Ada has a grappling gun? Idk why this bothers me so much; they can have bio engineered zombies but not grappling guns? I guess I feel its just lazy writing or something. Oh and she has a flashbang twice as thick as her arm that she pulled out of her lightweight scarf that even billows indoors.

Still a super fun game though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:52 AM       
Then it's a pretty shit assassin game yet, because I've already got one. People everywhere are crowing about how awesome the Ball level is when there about 10 NPCs, discounting the patrolling guards. It's very underwhelming when I know that there is a better "DISGUISE YOURSELF AND GO TO A CROWDED PLACE AND FIND THE TARGET" mission in another game. At the end of the Sokolov level in his glass palace, said "Wow, this feels exactly like a room out of Batman: Arkham Asylum." It's made all the worse when you get to use said Detective Vision.

And there is big difference to me between the Thief games and this one. Where I felt the intensity of having to jump out of a window to avoid someone or having to find a way to shimmy onto a roof to find a better way in, I can just teleport outside before someone turns around and back in again or leap up onto the roof with level 2 agility and blink. Everything requires far less effort, which begs the question to me "Why does it matter?" What is this offering me? It's certainly not challenge. I beat the entire game on the hardest difficulty, using non-lethal takedowns on every single target, killing maybe four people throughout the course of the game, and snagging almost every rune and bone charm.

Spoilers!

All this in under 9 1/2 hours. Now I'm going back and ghosting the levels, which basically consist of me foregoing every single optional part and doing the mission as fast as possible, not bothering to set up elaborate traps or deal with sidequests or safes.

The world is well designed, but feels very sterile and unpeopled to me. I finished the game with feelings of ambivalence and wondered why anything mattered to me at all, not recounting a single "THIS WAS MY FAVORITE PART IN THE GAME" moment.

I'll never make a comparison between it and Deus Ex, though. They're nothing alike to me and there's certainly no feeling of "WHERE AIRDUCT?"
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:05 AM       
Thats how you know she is a spy.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM       
Its how I know she's batgirl.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM       
I've gotta get back in and play Jake and Sherry's campaign. TWO-FISTED JUSTICE!

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM       
And who the fuck is Piers? Where is my token black chick from 5? Or even bimbo blond new Jill?