Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:18 PM        Frist endorses ban on gay marriages.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/932915.asp?0cv=CB10

Quote:
The Senate majority leader said Sunday he supports a proposed constitutional amendment to ban homosexual marriage in the United States.
A constitutional amendment? WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Quote:
SEN. BILL FRIST, R-Tenn., said the Supreme Court’s decision last week on gay sex threatens to make the American home a place where criminality is condoned.

“I have this fear that this zone of privacy that we all want protected in our own homes is gradually — or I’m concerned about the potential for it gradually being encroached upon, where criminal activity within the home would in some way be condoned,” Frist told ABC’s “This Week.”
“And I’m thinking of — whether it’s prostitution or illegal commercial drug activity in the home — ... to have the courts come in, in this zone of privacy, and begin to define it gives me some concern.”
So, essentially, he is saying that gays are criminals in a blanket statement.

Quote:
Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, R-Colo., was the main sponsor of the proposal offered May 21 to amend the Constitution. It was referred to the House Judiciary subcommittee on the Constitution on Wednesday, the day before the high court ruled.
As drafted, the proposal says:
“Marriage in the United States shall consist only of the union of a man and a woman. Neither this Constitution nor the constitution of any state under state or federal law shall be construed to require that marital status or the legal incidents thereof be conferred upon unmarried couples or groups.”
I sincerely hope that this does not pass. Talk about some SERIOUS homophobia going on here.

THE GAYS ARE GOING TO DESTROY AMERICA! OMG!!!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:22 PM       
he is a fucknut
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:22 PM       
I think it's great that we should have a constitutional ammendment for this. Because it's THAT important, it's right up there with blacks and women having the right to vote that we make sure Gay folks never have marriage.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:25 PM       
What you see here, are some seriously demented people that are "de-constitutionalizing" the constitution. If this really is the "land of the free" then why the hell are there so many "unfree" individuals crying out there?! I never thought I'd see the day where I would be saying these words: "what (the fuck) is this country going to?"

Personally, I am so fed up with politicians telling me how to lead my life that I am saving for the next shuttle out of here.... Mars anyone?

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 05:33 PM       
Politicians tell us how to run our lives and how to raise our children.

I think Frist has lost his mind. By attempting to do this, he is blurring the line between church and state; forcing his own brand of morals on everyone else.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 06:26 PM       
I myself do not want to say that being gay is "normal", but I do say that gays are human beings, with human urges. Granted, their urges SHOULD be felt toward members of the opposite sex, but that is only the way I feel about it. They have the right to live how they want to. So long as it is not im public, the government has no right to interfere with it. It is not like they are doing anything to hurt others. If there is someone out there that thinks I am wrong about this, speak up now, or forever shut up.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 06:41 PM        Gay
IG - So by "So long as it is not im public" are you saying they should not be able to hold hands, kiss, simply enjoy each others company?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:34 PM       
Here in Toronto they have made it legal for gays to marry and now we have a small tourism boom from it and I say "great!" They live there lives and I live mine and when they have there big gay parade I know not to go down town and I never have to deal with it.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 08:58 PM       
http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/j..._6-26-2003.pdf

The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 11:33 PM       
About 5 nights ago i had bad insomnia and was watching tv at like 3 in the morning. I heard Pat Robertson saying, and i am paraphrasing because i don't remeber the exact quote. "I was recently on a prayer retreat and i believe the lord communed with me he said that over the next six years it will apear that evil has won, that is when he will come back" (sic) He said this when the issue of the supreme courts decision not to uphold the sodomy laws came up.

That is what inspired me to make my avatar.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:08 AM       
Now non of dem fags can get to me kids. Now there needs to be a law to make is legal to marry my cousin and for darkies to not be allowed to marry or breed
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:10 AM       
You can marry your cousin in 26 states.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:16 AM       
Well, it makes sense to me. If we don't stop those gay people from getting married, next thing you know they'll start breeding.

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
You can marry your cousin in 26 states.
I hate america so much

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
Well, it makes sense to me. If we don't stop those gay people from getting married, next thing you know they'll start breeding.

I actually read the transcript of the oral arguments and Kennedy asked the prosecuting attorney if gays should be allowed to teach elementary school. Justice Scalia responded: no b/c then they would teach children how to be homosexuals.
The_voice_of_reason is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgrrrlie10
I actually read the transcript of the oral arguments and Kennedy asked the prosecuting attorney if gays should be allowed to teach elementary school. Justice Scalia responded: no b/c then they would teach children how to be homosexuals.
where can i find that transcript?
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 03:33 AM       
Oh my god, this was exactly the kind of material I logged on to look for. Thanks, Zero.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:41 AM       
I swear to God, I don't think any of you know any homosexual people.

I have a few friends on the net and in "real life" that work in places with a large gay workforce. Ask them if they want to be able to marry. They will tell you no, because a lot of the "homosexual" lifestyle is the promiscuity. Now, should you be able to put people under your health coverage or wills if you want to? Sure, if the companies will allow it. But this gay marriage shit isnt so gays can be seen as equal as the traditional man-wife human relationship (btw, it ISNT. Man and woman can produce offspring, homosexuals without scientific help cannot, big diff there), its to be able to CHANGE the dynamic of what we call a "family".

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:59 AM       
Yes Vince, all homosexuals are flaming promiscous faggots. Way to stereotype there!!

You should be happy, you're one step closer to being able to propose to Kevin.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 09:03 AM       
I didn't say most are, did I. But ask a lot of gay people, especially the older groups, if the want to be able to marry. They will say no. I mean, if gay marriage was such a big deal, why don't you see it on the news every day. It is being compared to the civil rights movement of the 60s. The civil rights movement was on the forefront of society. Gay marriage is not. Sorry.

Gatorman is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 09:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
I didn't say most are, did I. But ask a lot of gay people, especially the older groups, if the want to be able to marry. They will say no. I mean, if gay marriage was such a big deal, why don't you see it on the news every day. It is being compared to the civil rights movement of the 60s. The civil rights movement was on the forefront of society. Gay marriage is not. Sorry.

I will back Vince on this one. I work in an all gay office, and everyone over 30 laughs at the situation. The younger guys have been told in school that marriage is a right so much that they tend to USUALLY believe that it is, but the older guys mock the couple of straight ones and young ones for pushing for gay marriage.

The overwhelming opinion (and this is my office, not all gay people everywhere, so back off) is that one of the benefits among all the crap that gay people get in life is that they have a license to be promiscuous. No tie downs, no alimony, no mess. The sub culture around Boston/Providence/Cape Cod has developed extensively to facilitate a support group of gay guys to screw around.

This same subculture is very supportive of itself in court, business, etc, so there is a lot of good to come out of it along with the bad.

I do feel bad for many of the young guys in that they are preyed upon by the older guys who simply expect for them to put out. The young guys look to these guys for emotion support on all kinds of levels, so they end up putting out. Sad, really.

So I suppose, an arguement could be made that a lack of legit-marriage is the cause of the promiscuity by forcing the development of this culture.....But that is only one theory. I dunno.

In the end, marriage is a religious institution that has been recognized by the legal system as being a useful building block of society that deserves to be promoted and recognized. Asking the govt to alter the institution over the opinion of the religions where the practice is based seems like putting the cart before the horse.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:26 AM       
It's quite simple really...

While many homosexuals may not want to marry, there are plenty that do. And to ignore them and go "well, the ones in my office sure don't seem to care about marriage!" is just ignorant and a hasty generalization at best.

Any law that says homosexuals can't marry is bullshit. Just because of their sexual preference they don't get to enjoy certain tax breaks and other benefits that come along with marriage. There are plenty of homosexual couples that want to raise a family of their own, but because of stupid laws like this, it makes it nearly impossible for them to do so.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:32 AM       
Vinth and Gator sound like those people that say "I have friends that are black..."

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:34 AM       
Life is full of choices. If you chose to live a homosexual lifestyle, there are pros and cons to that lifestyle. One of those cons is the inability not to get married. This isn't a civil rights issue. People are BORN black. It is a genetic trait. I could right this second choose to be in a homosexual relationship. This whole debate started when a bunch of feel-good people decided that we would say that deviant behavior that goes against most religious pratices and the advancement (i.e. nature) of our species is a genetic trait, and not a choice.

And do you honestly believe Adam and Steve can raise a child on a median basis better than Adam and Eve?
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:38 AM        Gay Sex
I know a hell of a lot of straight people who don't want to get married because it would cut into their ability to be promiscuous.

So what is your point?

I'm with Mock on this one. Just like with straight folk, if they want to get married they should be able too. If not then they don't have too.