Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 11:06 AM        WELL, AT LEAST WE'RE GETTING BARGAIN ON SOMETHING IN IRAQ
Six in Ten Iraqis Unemployed, but U. S. Subcontractors Hire Cheap Migrant Laborers
From the Daily Mislead.

Even though seven million Iraqis are unemployed1, U.S. sub-contractors are rebuilding the Iraqi infrastructure with cheap migrant labor from South Asia.2 The use of Asian laborers is at odds with President Bush's emphasis on the importance of Iraqis taking on the job themselves.

Bush has said the key to "rebuilding a democratic and prosperous Iraq is the Iraqi people themselves."3 Paul Bremer, the Bush appointee overseeing post-war Iraq, likewise has talked of the need to turn around the country's 60 percent unemployment rate and "to fix a very sick economy."4

However, the head of the Iraqi Jobless Association, Kasem Hadi, is critical of the Bush Administration's lack of progress. "Following four rounds of talks with [Bremer's] representatives, we made no progress regarding the unemployment crisis,"5 Hadi says.

Meanwhile, U.S. Brigadier General Janis Karpinski, one of Bremer's colleagues, has raised questions about the reliability of foreign workers. "You find [them] in out-of-the-way corners taking 15 minute naps," she notes.6

At the same time, officials of the Iraqi Governing Council are concerned that large American contractors, including Halliburton and Bechtel, may be inflating the cost of the reconstruction projects. The Iraqi governors told members of the U.S. Congress that Iraqi companies could be doing the work at 10 percent of the cost.7

Sources:
1. "Iraq: 7 Million Jobless Persons," Asia Africa Intelligence Wire, InfoProd, 8/27/03.
2. "Contractors in Iraq Accused of Importing Labour and Exporting Profit," Financial Times/UK, 10/14/03.
3. Presidential Radio Address, 7/23/03.
4. Interview of Paul Bremer by Tom Brokaw, NBC Nightly News, 7/14/03.
5. "Iraq: 7 Million Jobless Persons," Asia Africa Intelligence Wire, InfoProd, 8/27/03.
6. "Contractors in Iraq Accused of Importing Labour and Exporting Profit," Financial Times/UK, 10/14/03.
7. Letter to OMB Director Joshua Bolten from Rep. Henry Waxman, 9/30/03.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 11:28 AM       
Quote:
naps
Lazy fuckers should get to work.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 12:10 PM       
Isn't it great that this guys objection is based not on the needs of the Iraqi people, but on his thinking the foreign workers hired for substandard wages are just "Naturally shiftless"?
DJ Potatoe is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 02:18 PM       
I think it's far more amusing to think that we put a guy like Bush in office....or did we?! Wait a fuckin' minute!! That retard didn't win the popular vote!!!...

So, who do we blame for this one?

My web comic..and it sorta doesn't suck!
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 02:20 PM       
The electoral college.
DJ Potatoe is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 02:25 PM       
Yes, but we need to give them a name. ie: Clyde, or Richard Parkington

My web comic..and it sorta doesn't suck!
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 04:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Isn't it great that this guys objection is based not on the needs of the Iraqi people, but on his thinking the foreign workers hired for substandard wages are just "Naturally shiftless"?
They should work for the Michigan Department of Transportation road crews. That way they can be paid well AND be "naturally shiftless".

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 05:07 PM       
We should have the write as the people of america to kill the president at any time. Kind of like those trap doors rich/evil people have in the floors in their office, and when someone walks in they push it and fall into a fiery pit and die or onto some spikes. So I'm thinking under bushes chair in his little office could be such a death chamber, and when everyone in america gets tired of him they push their button like a voting thing and if enough push he goes dead dead.

This is my suggestion to making america a better place.

Also it could be one of those things at a fair where you throw a ball at a target and if it gets hithe falls into the water, but instead of water it could be acid. Or acid full of sharks that are specifically bred to live in acid.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 06:23 PM       
I think Lincoln was the worst president we ever had.

Stupid yank33. Support the right to succeed, damn you!!!

Of course, I think we should live in a (not the) confederacy anyway...