Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 12:18 PM        Tabs
Are there any programs that might convert mp3s into tablature?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 12:37 PM       
I don't think such a thing could exist, and if it did it'd probably be so inaccurate it'd be useless. Best thing to do is just get someone that's been playing guitar for a few years to figure it out for you and tell you how to play it.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM       
Hmmmmm.
I'm more so looking to learn some songs on the bass and I'm tying to do it by ear but I'm a horrible musician and I'm trying to keep my plans secret from my husband til I'm ready to reveal my project. I'd hate to ask him to teach me.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM       
Since the RIAA decided tabs were in some way harming the music industry it's become a bit difficult to get them off the Internet but you should still be able to track some down on google. Maybe even get an e-book version of a songbook off BitTorrent.

What band are you looking to play specifically?
Egg
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 01:44 PM       
Carnivore, the first album.

I've found some guitar tabs but it hasn't helped much.
It seems I may be doomed to learn them on my own.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM       
Get Fartin Mowlar to teach you
Egg
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 02:11 PM       
I HATE THIS GODDAMN FENDER
Egg
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM       
Ok so I've got the main riff for God Is Dead so far.
I just need to practice it.....alot.
Stupid bass is too big for my little tiny hands.

I can't believe I'm considering buying a Daisy Rock bass.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM       
That would look horrible live!
Egg
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:04 PM       
I know
Egg
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM       
Let's not forget I do have something to distract people from how little my bass is......
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:22 PM       
Ummmm your tits?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:22 PM       
Oh, that's what you meant.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:23 PM       
I'll be at all your shows.
Egg
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:43 PM       

Does anyone else think the boobie icons look like zits?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:53 PM       
They just don't do boobs justice.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM       
Perky Boobs (*)(*)

Big Nipple Boobs (@)(@)

A Cups o o

D Cups { O }{ O }

Wonder Bra Boobs (oYo)

Cold Boobs ( ^ )( ^ )

Lopsided Boobs (o)(O)

Pierced Nipple Boobs (Q)(O)

Hanging Tassels Boobs (p)(p)

Grandma's Boobs \ o /\ o /

Against The Shower Door Boobs ( )( )

Android Boobs | o | | o |

Mammogram Boobs ___ ___
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:08 PM       
Best website on the interplanetaryweb:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:12 PM       
Chordie is better.
Egg
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 07:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
Best website on the interplanetaryweb:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
Doesn't help since there's only one song from the first album on there AND IT'S FOR GUITAR NOT BASS.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM       
Do you know your scales? Start with the root note and an idea of the scale(s) and it shouldn't be too hard!
Egg
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor View Post
Do you know your scales? Start with the root note and an idea of the scale(s) and it shouldn't be too hard!
Kinda.
I'm not too good at doing it by ear though.
I had to let Jim know what I was doing. I wanted it to be a surprise.
But he's been helping me figure some of it out, he's got a much better ear than I.

Next week's episode:
Buying a new bass.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM       
Awww That would have been an awesome suprise.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM       
if you can find the tabs for it(which i guess you cant so it doesnt help) guitar pro is a great program. it will play through the song as slow as you need to and show the tabs at the same time. You can also export them as midis which can be fun. I think my favorite midi right now is incarnated solvent abuse by carcass.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 11:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable View Post
if you can find the tabs for it(which i guess you cant so it doesnt help) guitar pro is a great program. it will play through the song as slow as you need to and show the tabs at the same time. You can also export them as midis which can be fun. I think my favorite midi right now is incarnated solvent abuse by carcass.
Guitar pro fucking rocks. It's worth it to buy it, don't limerwire/frostwire that shit or your computer is toast. This statement doesn't help you at all CIG, but I got to say what I wanted.