Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 03:22 PM       
Yeah because saying someone sucks because their taste in music sucks is how adults argue right?

Cunts and the internet
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 03:29 PM       
saying limp bizkit was ever cool is your mistake, not mine.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM       
Lulz I can't believe I'm arguing about Metallica.

Dave Mustaine was fired in 1983 from Metallica. How the fck can you say he wrote the majority of the music for the next six years? Lulz. Any sources?

I could give a sht about his sob story. Didn't James Hetfield almost get torched?

My comment was less about my adoration for Metallica's early stuff and more about a comparison of a band who is going back to their roots or older stuff, you big dummy. I like Justice For All most, so I referencing that more in terms of the Death MagnetIC comment.

Lulz

I can't believe how dumb you are. "HE WROTE MOST OF THE STUFF ON THEIR FIRST THREE ALBUMS"
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 03:36 PM       
Inb4 "YOU FORGOT ...AND"
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 03:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
Any sources?
Absolutely not. That whole last post goes to show you don't know shit about anything and there really is no point in continuing.
Role Assigner
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM       
Lulz. Cover your eyes, darlin.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine

[quote]On April 11, 1983, after Metallica had driven to New York to record their debut album, Mustaine was officially fired from the band[\QUOTE]

Quote:
During his time in Metallica, Dave Mustaine toured with the band, co-wrote four songs which appeared on Kill Em All, and co-wrote two songs which would eventually appear on Ride the Lightning. Mustaine has also made unverified claims to have written parts of "Leper Messiah" from Master of Puppets.[5
Lulz. You big dummy. I was too lazy to put other sources down. How do I care less, yet know more? Lulz

Going to the pool. Later, dummy.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM       
Well I am of the opinion that both metallica and limp bizkit both suck. The only difference was metallica was decent at one point and limp was always balls.
Role Assigner
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM       
If only Dave Mustaine would have co-written seven songs (or most of the music for three albums, as thrashman would say) for LB.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM       
Death Magnetic was a fucking great album. I got into Metallica starting around MOP, and tbh I think they were mediocre at best before Cliff died. They were just another generic rock band until AJFA, though MOP was their best album with Cliff around. Not saying it was Cliff's fault they were kinda bad, he is just kinda a landmark moment in Metallica's career.

If I were going to rank my top 3 favorite Metallica albums, it'd be:
1. Load (yes, srsly, fuck you, it wasn't buttrock but it was great)
2. Death Magnetic
3. ...And Justice For All

Metallica in general has been really inconsistent with good music. Reload, KEA, RTL, St. Anger were all pretty bad. Megadeth on the other hand has been outrageously consistent in quality, but Metallica has had some higher highs than them.

On-topic, my experience with Limp Bizkit is this:

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 02:52 AM       
Prepare for time warp.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Death Magnetic was a fucking Load
That's all I heard.

MattJack, I have 7" Metallica vinyls that are early demos. One is rare called Metal Up Your Ass which is their original demo. All of the songs have Dave Mustaine on guitar. I also have an early demo of Dave Mustaine doing the VOCALS for Ride The Lightning and the guitar for Ktulu and Fight Fire with Fire which he wrote for and was never paid a single dime for. Metallica is a bunch of bullshit now that slipped into fame by fucking people over, including fans.

I was wrong to say majority, yes, but you didn't even know mustaine wrote a single note before you wikipedia'd the shit.
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
Cunts and the internet
The irony made me laugh
Role Assigner
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM       
How presumptuous.

I knew he was in the band since I was like 13, lulz. I even knew he was kicked out after their first demo/album. You were just talking out of your as* and got called on it. derp derp.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM       
Careful, now! Thrasho owns a vinyl. This guy clearly knows his shit, you fgt wikipedia user.

That was very funny. Well done.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM       
Fred says he "don't give a fuck what ya'll say" but if you mention him being the least bit uncool he'll bitch about you on his blog.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 11:03 PM       
I am not going to lie. I own two Linkin Park albums. However, as I have grown up, I just don't listen to them. I came to realize that while I was sucked into some of the aggression and some of the themes of the music, ultimately, I realized the songs are formulaic. Period. Nothing really impressive after all. After awhile, it just all sounds the same when I listened.

Sometimes, you revisit things only to wonder why the hell you listened in the first place.

Never got into Limp Biskit. Stupid band name and a lame ass band. The music blew and I couldn't stand Fred Durst's voice.

Metallica ... I only like a few songs by them. I could really care less about them. I would rather listen to Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden,Dir en grey, early Fear Factory, Dimmur Borgir, Children of Bodom, Godflesh, Strapping Young Lad etc etc.

It's all subjective. I know I listen to stuff that others are not going to give a fuck about. Whatever, but I must say for me LB = Crap and Metallica ain't much better for me. Power to you if it floats your boat. I would rather not subject myself to shite like that.
Diet Coke Head
Pedro is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM       
How did this shift to Metallica and Mustaine after talking Durst the douchebag. I read Mustaine's autobiography recently and he's pretty cool about everything that happened with Metallica kicking him out. He seems to harbor no animosity toward those guys.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy View Post
Durst the douchebag. .
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/167...s-sitcom.jhtml

Fred Durst gets sitcom. many disapointed.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 06:01 PM       
Metallica sucks just as bad as Limp Bizkit. Both of these bands are garbage
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM       
i've never understood the appeal of listening to anything that comes out of James Hetfield's stupid mouth. Even beyond that, if you manage to not pay attention to their stupid singer and his stupid words about stupid things, their riffs do nothing for me. And Lars Ulrich is a shitty, shitty drummer
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM       
However, this album they're making with Lou Reed is shaping up to be pretty hilarious
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 08:37 PM       
I heard some of that, and you are not kidding, it is so bad it is epic. I predict it will be the musical equivalent to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Legions of ironic hipster fans will go to Metallica concerts to pretend to like the album while laughing knowingly together about how much it sucks