Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Backup the Chat Room thread and create a new one or keep it as is?
Back it up and make a new one! 7 30.43%
Keep it as it is! 16 69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
I also encourage rog to run his own speed tests on the thread - Firefox has a counter at the lower right that tells you how long a page takes to load, so open a fairly empty thread a few times and then open the last page of chat a few times and compare the results.

The speed is dependent on the server hosting the database, not your computer, so the results should match mine.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:46 PM       
The backlash toward new people will be high and mighty. Do us all a favor, and stop doing us favors!

Dear Rog,
Can you hear me? It's me. Tadao
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:47 PM       
I used to play on a server of tightly-knit faggots on Neverwinter Nights and our admin went all queer and stated bending over backwards for a flood of new people from another server that shut down and all of the old people hated the new people so he banned the old people and then the server went down the shitter because the dedicated playerbase fell out.

This is kind of like that.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
He'd routinely go back to 'delete' his old posts, so I took away his edit button. I did it to one other person too (for the same reasons) but I can't remember who.
Ok, yeah deleting your threads isn't allowed. If you want to go back and correct something in your post or add onto it, that's one thing, but we don't allow users to delete posts.

Quote:
again, you are describing a problem with Pub, not a problem with that thread.
There's a difference between Pub and that thread? Sometimes I can't tell. o.O

Quote:
It also seems like you favor the new people over the older ones, unconditionally
Hardly. There are only a few older users in there who I see as problematic and thankfully they're primarily contained to that particular thread. Most of the people on this forum are genuinely good posters who want to have fun discussions, both old and new. Don't go making false accusations or assumptions about who I favor just because my thinking the chat room could use a relaunch doesn't coincide with your own opinions on the matter.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
And by the same token, don't go making assumptions that I care so deeply about a forum thread that I'd go making sweeping accusations on your persona based on that alone.

Because after all, that's what one of those goddamn vets would do, isn't it?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM       
I DON'T NEED YOUR CIVIL WAAAAAR
FEEDS THE RICH AND BURIES THE POOOOOOR
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM       
akward...
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:04 PM       
Quote:
And by the same token, don't go making assumptions that I care so deeply about a forum thread that I'd go making sweeping accusations on your persona based on that alone.

Because after all, that's what one of those goddamn vets would do, isn't it?
Nothing to assume there, your lengthy protests to me on AIM showed how much you cared for the thread and I gladly put up a poll to give everything a fair vote... you know, me being the EVIL SITE ADMIN WHO FAVORS NEW USERS, UNCONDITIONALLY.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:07 PM       
why would it even need to be a question? Everyone loves the thread and you know it.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:09 PM       
There are several people bending backwards to defend it, and you said yourself that you think users have a fair say in it.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
why would it even need to be a question? Everyone loves the thread and you know it.
Everyone = 7 votes? OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
There are several people bending backwards to defend it, and you said yourself that you think users have a fair say in it.
Indeed they do and I stated earlier in the thread that I wouldn't move it if the vote to move it was only won by a few votes. It'd have to be a landslide vote to move it, which doesn't appear to be happening right now since it's closer to 60/40 in favor of keeping it as is. So what are you worried about exactly?
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:13 PM       
Are you trying to convince me that I really don't have an issue with how you treat posters?

And again, I do care about the thread, but not enough to base my entire opinion of you around it. We both understand that, but maybe you're trying to be funny?

That said, it was probably out of line for me to call you out on that in this thread, so I'll take it to AIM if you want to discuss it.
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM       
And the problem people are having isn't that reason is barely winning the vote, it's that it was arbitrarily put up for a vote to begin with.
I likes PIE!
comhcinc is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM       
as an outsider that really seems the be the best course Chojin
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM       
The blood lust in this thread intimidates me both physically and mentally.
was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM       
SHUT THE FUCK UP DONNY YOU'RE WAY OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
And the problem people are having isn't that reason is barely winning the vote, it's that it was arbitrarily put up for a vote to begin with.
This was my problem, actually.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:24 PM       
Same here. There was no motion to get rid of the thread by the posters, and it seems to have been an admin-side-only decision. It feels a little intimidating to know that one of our most cherished posts can be deleted (or left up to deletion, anyway) on a whim.

It reminds me of the i-Mockery Wikipedia article deletion thing :<
Banned

Assuredly NOT ArrowX is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM       
I cannot sit Idly by and let these newbie bastards kill the chatroom thread.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM       
guys its not emportant enough to fight about!!!!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:32 PM       
and its not a poll as to whether it gets deleted its a poll as to whether it gets locked + a new one made so it loads faster!
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:35 PM       
No one was complaining about it, and it's not broken. There's no need to mess with it!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
I just don't see any reason to start a new one. I like that it's a gigantic thread that will only get bigger, even though it's filled with almost nothing but useless posts.

That was very funny. Well done.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:41 PM       
I agree. I think it's a good thing to have a huge thread for chatting so other threads don't get derailed as easily, and I don't see why it would need to be cleaned up. I think every forum should have a chat, actually. I find it's been useful in Art Shit.
Banned

Assuredly NOT ArrowX is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM       
It doesn't take it long enough to load, is that 1 second too fucking long? Damn kids who don't have experience with 56K internet.