Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 10:56 AM        NOVAK CRACKS!
I'm surprised no one posted this sooner!

Watch the video!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/apt...%20CNN%20Novak

Friday, August 5, 2005 ยท Last updated 5:02 a.m. PT

CNN suspends Novak after he walks off set

By DAVID BAUDER
AP TELEVISION WRITER

CNN correspondent Ed Henry said afterward that he had been about to ask Novak about his role in the investigation of the leak of Valerie Plame's identity, which the columnist has repeatedly refused to comment on.

The incident occurred Thursday as Novak and Democratic operative James Carville were handicapping the Senate candidacy of former Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris. Novak said the opposition of the Republican establishment in Florida might not be fatal for her.

"Let me just finish, James, please," Novak continued. "I know you hate to hear me, but you have to."

Carville, addressing the camera, said: "He's got to show these right wingers that he's got a backbone, you know. It's why The Wall Street Journal editorial page is watching you. Show 'em that you're tough."

"Well, I think that's bull---- and I hate that," Novak replied. "Just let it go."

As moderator Henry stepped in to ask Carville a question, Novak walked off the set.

A CNN spokeswoman, Edie Emery, called Novak's behavior "inexcusable and unacceptable." Novak apologized to CNN, and CNN was apologizing to viewers, she said.

"We've asked Mr. Novak to take some time off," she said.

A telephone message at Novak's office was not immediately returned Thursday.

Only two weeks ago, CNN executives defended their decision to keep Novak on the air during the investigation into the leak. Novak identified Plame in July 2003 as the wife of Bush administration critic and former U.S. ambassador Joseph Wilson.

Wilson has said the leak of his wife's name was an attempt by the administration to discredit him. Two other reporters connected to the case openly fought the revelation of their sources, and Judith Miller of The New York Times has been jailed for refusing to cooperate with prosecutors.

Henry said Thursday that Novak had been told before the "Inside Politics" segment that he was going to be asked on air about the CIA case.

"I'm hoping that we will be able to ask him about that in the future," Henry said.

Novak has been a longtime contributor to CNN, taking the conservative point of view during the just-canceled "Crossfire" show.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 11:30 AM       
You beat me to it! I saw the clip on the Daily show last night, it was HILLARIOUS!

What a giant weiner. I mean, what he walked over, that was nothing compared to what goes on in interviews and cable shows these days, Carville wasn't even raising his voice, and I've heard him say way wrose things lots of times.

do think your subject line says it, I don't think that was a loss of temper, I think he was cracking because what little journalistic integritty he ever had is evaporating. He happily allowed himself to be used by the Republican smear machine, he got caught up in the whole mess, he obviously sang like a canary to the Special Counsel while Judith Miller (whom in the interest of full disclosure I want to say I hate) had the balls to go to jail. THAT's why the spine comment freaked him out, because he knows people are starting to think he has none.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 05:26 PM       
Speaking of the Daily Show, the last time I saw a clip of Crossfire was when Jon Stewart roasted the two overpaid mouthpieces. Great TV!
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM       
wait, he's getting all this flak cuz he walked off or cuz he said "bullshit"?

if the former, well, that kinda reinforces the whole "spineless" thing, but if the latter... like i give a fuck that he said OMG a dirty word on TV.

will reserve judgement til i get home and can check the clip, tho.

edit: watched it. what a big sissy!