Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:31 PM        oh fuck :'<
A week or two ago, the kitten was sleeping in a chair next to me and I wanted to wake him up for some reason. His eyes were screwed shut and his mouth was wide open. So I shake the chair, and his body wobbles a bit but he himself doesn't move. So I start going OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK and after i shake him a bit, he opens his eyes all like 'what?'

I didn't think much of it aside from not getting much sleep that night ;< but now yesterday he was laying next to his cat tree and I pick him up and he's way more limp than usual, but conscious. I put him on a shelf and he just sorta slips under his weight and falls over on his side. I'm thinking that maybe the new shelf is too slippery for kittens so I put him on the carpet. He takes one step with his left paw, puts it on his right, then slumps over again. I start freaking out again and carry him over to his food and water and shake him a bit. He starts to walk normally and then a half hour later he's trotting around and darting at nothing like usual.

But I was really concerned and had Emily call the vet today. She told me this afternoon that the vet said that if it is a medical problem that it could either be a seizure or brain leision, but as a cat it's most likely the latter.

Now if you ask me, anything that involves the word 'brain' in connection with kitty problems spells me crying for a month :< So I would like all of yous' completely uninformed diagonsis so I can feel better :<

Some pictures of the kitten if you don't know who he is ;<

Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:39 PM       
Don't worry, it's probably going through one of those " Stupid Kitty" phases.
-GROG- is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:46 PM       
Banned

Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:47 PM       
Shut the fuck up!

GODDAMN!
-GROG- is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:50 PM       
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 07:54 PM       
I sure hope nobody minds that I just banned that idiot.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM       
not one iota
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:06 PM       
oh and i has got some sympathies because my kitty has had a bad case of the lost for the past week and a half
was never good
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:07 PM       
oh shit not pikacat :<
OH GOD
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:10 PM       
if i understand you right then yes
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:37 PM       
kitties.
Banned

Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:39 PM       
Seriously, he's just in a " Stupid Kitty " phase
OH GOD
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 08:45 PM       
is your house properly air conditioned the kitty's not getting heatstroke right
was never good
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 09:44 PM       
yeah the house is always at 72 degrees ;<
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 09:48 PM       
Sorry about your cat. I know how tough dealing with a sick pet is. My dog is about a year away from his last leg and he's all grey and junk.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 10:59 PM       
I hope the cat will be okay. ;<
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 12:25 AM       
My family cat just died about 2 months ago. Her liver gave out, but my mom didn't know it, so we watched her waste away for 2 weeks before my Mom took her to the vet. The put her down. My mom cried.

She was older then my 14yr old brother.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 12:30 AM       
Have you had the vet check his inner ear? My old dog used to lean to one side and act disoriented. We thought that he had a stroke, but it was just an inner ear problem that was affecting his balance and sense of direction.

I hope he's okay. I know what its like to see have sick pet.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 01:49 AM       
I used to have a kitty. I miss it. We had to give it away to some friends of ours because we didnt have the money for it. Now its nearly blind and dying. Its about 17 years old (a year younger than me)

I hope to god that your cat isnt in any serious Trouble.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 03:09 AM       
I'm more of a dog person, but I do admit that kittens own

I'm hoping everything will turn out great for your cat
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 03:35 AM       
Some asshole drove over my kitty.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 06:49 AM       
My sister is a vet technician. I can give her a call when I get the chance (i'm 14 hours ahead) and see what she has to say.
VolCanon is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 08:20 AM       
Thats terrible. Can Vets even do anything about cat brain problems?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 08:48 AM       
If English prices are anything to go by you'll need wealth beyond measure for vets to do anything. Which is a shame because your cat has amusing starey eyes.
was never good
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 03:35 PM       
It depends, it's usually as much as it costs to medically treat humans, though - $45 for the doctor visit, $25 for a rabies vaccine and $25 for a distemperment vaccine last time I went. I mean, last time I brought my cat in.

One of our previous cats, Seth, would get urinary blockages, though, and those were $1000 each to treat. The second time we just said 'put im down :<' and the nice vet lady instead adopted him, treated him, and then gave him back to us in the parking lot. Cost her about $90. So yeah, vets overcharge like fuck just because you love your pets ;< and if you can't afford it then they'll just murder them ;< assholes ;<