Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VolCanon is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 08:18 PM        Post your unfunny job storys (sic)
Post all of the most boring stories about your boring jobs here. If you do a good (bad) one, I'll post a picture of Bill Clinton eating a hamburger.

I'll start. One time I worked at a data-entry place. It was boring. There were no hot women to do during my lunch break. Then I finished and got paid not enough money. The End.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM       
I could smell gas as I stood up on the toilet. I was taking a dump, so I pulled up my Monkey tail to find it on fire. I was in love with Sophia and tried to kill myself. I was born with a Monkey tail and kept it secret until my 16th birthday. It was my 16th birthday and my friends bought me a hooker and having a huge wiener and a monkey tail I figured I would be able to make any woman happy but Sophia the hooker was turned off by my Monkey tail. I didn't mean to kill Sophia and my sudden out burst of jumping up and down like a Monkey combined with shitting on her cause Sophia to crash her car into a wall with me screaming and jumping up and down "I'm a Monkey" (pause) "don't you like Monkeys?" didn't help.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM       
I had a very, very old man tell me I was beautiful once.

THIS IS BEFORE I FIGURED OUT THE TIMER FUNCTION SHUT UP.
Mocker
Mike is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 01:10 PM       
You are a cow.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 01:48 PM       
one time i found a knife next to a trashcan at my old job and a bum took a shit in the car-ports but i didn't clean it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
You are a cow.
how appropriate, you fight like a dairy farmer
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 09:43 PM       
emu. you have purty hair.
Level 29 ♂
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
You are a cow.
The split mirror makes me look wider than I really am. But fuck you anyway

also sadie: thanks
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 11:32 PM       
Way back in 1999, I was working with a surveying company on the Ferry Point Park project in NYC, when I stumbled upon a dead body under the Bronx side of the Whitestone bridge. His hand had been duct taped together in such a way that he looked as if he were praying. Over his head was a clear plastic bag with more duct tape around his neck.
We called the police and they showed up two hours later.

Later we had found out that he was abducted by people to whom he owed money. They put the bag around his head and stuffed him in the trunk of thier car in an effort to "scare" him into paying.

I found the whole incident to be quite desensitizing.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:46 AM       
Back in my first barista job (like it isn't obvious I've had more than one) this total hick came in and narrated loudly what he was looking at getting. He'd ask for recommendations and I gave him my advice, and finally he decided, "Ah'd lahk sum TAY! Whut kand uv Tah-zo do you recommaynd?" (We served like fifteen types of Tazo tea, all equally being the last things I'd recommend to this guy.) I think he decided on Earl Grey, and I loyally prepared it for him. I poured boiling water into a cup, added the bag and applied the lid. Upon doing this, the cup seam burst and boiling water poured all over my left hand which was holding it in place.

At the time, I was just kind of out of it and so what should have been intense pain just kind of lasted a second then left. I never flinched and apologized, saying I'd make him a new one. The guy was amazed at my total lack of reaction to second-degree burns, and he made a huge deal about it asking if I needed help or anything. I said no, and I made him some more tea. He left me a $2 tip out of pity, so it was totally worth it.

On a lighter note, my sister was telling me about a day at work as an ER cleric (are they more commonly called residents? The stage where you're not yet graduated from medical school but are working in hospital settings.) This elderly lady came in complaining about an upset stomach, and after a few minutes of talking to her my sister felt the lady's stomach and a sudden movement happened. She realized that the initial diagnosis was wrong and her aorta had just ruptured. The lady's family members were screaming at each other about whether or not they should sign a "Do Not Resuscitate" forms, and that was the last thing the lady heard as she died.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 01:56 AM       
The first time I ever worked on what is commonly referred to as a "sip and puff" controlled power wheelchair, it was about 11:30pm at a nursing home way down in rural Georgia. I hate nursing homes, and I especially hate them when they are way out in the country. Unfortunately, though my company specializes in very custom pediatric work, due to Medicaid red-tape in my state some of my lately grown-up clients have to spend three months or more in the Hell of an institution like this to qualify for the funding required to live more or less independently...

Anyhoo, here I am, sitting on the self-stick tiled floor of this backwoods old-folks-home in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, having finally gotten the person that originally sold the defective machine on the phone... this, by the way, is a power chair driven by the user's breath or suction (thus, sip and puff) delivered by means of a straw... and I notice a cockroach scuttling across the floor as I am instructed that I am going to have to trace the tubing back to the control box, where upon I, in order to determine the reason the chair is no longer running correctly, am to give the box "a command."

I requested some sort of clarification for this instruction. I was told that the box only responded to either some sort of blowing or some sort of sucking commands. It was inferred that my own lips would be required for further diagnosis, but the exact use of them... be it for sucking or blowing... was left up to me, apparently.

Tiring of my visual search for that cockroach, I studied my client. Mark had been bed-bound for about twelve years now, since his accident. Covered with bedsores, mostly due to the negligence of the overweight, under-IQ'd nightstaff of the home, he was a pitiful, pussy, bloody and overall leaky sight. I considered the fact that, though what was being asked of me was WAY beyond the call of duty, Mark had been without any independent mobility for weeks now, and this chair... only two months after it's original construction... was broken. I knew that this chair was the first method of independence Mark had had since he'd been hit by that drunk driver all those years ago. I could only imagine what he ahd been through, living in this place for all that time at the grace of his hillbilly keepers that hated him for what they considered to be the undue responsiblity his extensive care, changing and feeding required of them. I knew how much he wanted me... anybody... to help him regain his ability to do something... anything... for himself.

I considered my options. Going straight home, though tempting, was out of the question, unfortunately. As much as I wanted to help him, though not willing to commit my mouth so readily to commanding Mark's box to make his chair move, I thought deep and hard about what else might be the problem. The technician on the phone suggested that maybe Mark's inexperience with the drive control for his chair had led to an attempt to drive too soon after eating... Maybe the straw had just gotten clogged on his puree.

I quickly unbolted the apparatus and hurried to the sink in the bathroom he shared with three other inmates... err, patients. I meticulously washed the tubing with scalding hot water. When I reattached the interface to the black box, I can assure you I felt a deep, deep sensation of dread when I realized that some sort of food globule was not the problem. There I was, back at the point where I had to suck and/or blow on that damn black box.

Eventually, I found my lips blowing through a small circle... curl your index finger and thumb as if you were gripping a pencil using only those two digits, then pucker up and blow through them... into the recepticle on that black box. Having produced no effect whatsoever, it was suggested that I try a "sip" command. Let me tell you, I blew on that damn thing for all I had, trying my best to get that chair to go... before I sucked.

Y'know what was the worst part? This being the first time I'd ever worked on such a complicated chair, I had no idea of what happened after that black box. I learned there's another inline device called a "spit-trap." For some reason, it's located AFTER the control box that deciphers the difference between the "sips" and the "puffs." Go figure.

It turns out that during the construction of Mark's power chair, the spit-trap had been fastened down in a location unfortunately succeptible to being pinched when the seating system was tilted back, and it had been cracked when he had, at some point, tilted back. Well, I eventually found that the resulting little crack in the spit-trap relieved all the pressure on the control system, causing the chair to be blind to any sort of sucking or blowing commands given by me or Mark, no matter how grossed out either of us were by the process of doing so.

I love my job, though.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Level 29 ♂
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
On a lighter note, my sister was telling me about a day at work as an ER cleric (are they more commonly called residents? The stage where you're not yet graduated from medical school but are working in hospital settings.) This elderly lady came in complaining about an upset stomach, and after a few minutes of talking to her my sister felt the lady's stomach and a sudden movement happened. She realized that the initial diagnosis was wrong and her aorta had just ruptured. The lady's family members were screaming at each other about whether or not they should sign a "Do Not Resuscitate" forms, and that was the last thing the lady heard as she died.
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard
Level 29 ♂
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 08:34 AM       
And now I'm reaching Preechr's, and THATS' the saddest thing I've ever heard.