Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:09 PM        Public Schools: The worst threat to America
Mom Facing Prison Time For Lying

POSTED: 5:06 pm EDT May 17, 2007
UPDATED: 5:28 pm EDT May 17, 2007

COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- A Cobb County jury is deciding if a mother of three should spend time in prison for lying about where her family lived. Prosecutors said Jeanine Echols repeatedly lied just so she could place her children in Marietta city schools.

Echols told jurors Thursday she never meant to deceive the Marietta school district. She said she only placed her three kids in city schools because that’s where her family lived. "We had family in place that could make sure they got to the bus, they were picked up so if I worked late I didn’t have to worry about my child," said Echols.

Echols said her three children excelled in school. In fact, she attended two awards ceremonies for two of her children days before deputies came knocking on her door. "The very next day, May 18, I was arrested and I sat in jail for over 5 hours. I had never seen the inside of a jail," said Echols. But in closing statements, prosecutors told jurors the case was simple.

Prosecutors said Echols signed legal documents seven times saying her family lived at addresses in the city, when in fact, prosecutors said, they did not. "Ladies and gentlemen, a lie is a lie, and our law says when you lie to the government you have commited a crime," said assistant district attorney Grady Moore.

But Echols defense attorney called the 16 felony charges (MAX 5 YEARS EACH) overkill. They asked jurors to send a message that prosecutors have gone too far.

"She wanted her children to get a good quality education in a situation where they would not be latch-key children, where they would not have to come home alone, where would not have to have a babysitter, where they would not have to have daycare, where their family would be responsible and take care of them," said attorney Vic Reynolds.

The jury began deliberations at 3 p.m. The judge indicated he would let them go until 6 p.m.If convicted, Echols could face significant jail time.
Copyright 2007 by WSBTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:49 PM       
i'd bet good money that this would not have happened if she was a white woman
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:55 PM       
Lol you cheated

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!