Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM        To the pro-war camp
Let me couch this in terms you will appreciate more: would you want our troops to die, just to create yet another Latin American-style pseudo-democracy at best, or an Islamist theocracy at worst?
Mocker
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:30 AM       
Come on! I want to hear from you guys.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:39 AM       
First of all nobody wants troops to die so the entire premise of your question is flawed.

Second, freeing the Iraqi people is not our only reason for ousting Saddam. Saddam has weapons of mass destruction that he refused to give up or prove he destroyed. Security is the main issue.

Get it?
Mocker
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:44 AM       
The security issue is a hoax -- even some of the pro-war people here have said as much.

That some troops will die, is implied in supporting the campaign. The sacrifice is acknowledged. But is it worth it?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:44 AM       
Your question is a typical loaded emotional question.

1) You assume that the people of Iraq could not have a democracy or a constitutional monarchy or anything better than your choices given above. So first, your question is invalid because as per a liberal, you only give half the info. I should also add it’s pretty damn arrogant that you believe that Iraqis can’t have a good govt.

2) I don’t want anyone to die except people who are evil. Our troops for the most part are not evil. Unfortunately, since I happen to live in reality and see the big picture, people sometimes die for good causes. If a country was threatening to attack us (Which N. Korea has now been) and the only thing to do would be to have a régime change, then so be it. We can not police the world, but we must protect ourselves, and if protecting ourselves mean policing part of the world, then so be it. I care about my family first and foremost. If my family is in danger, then I want bullets in the brains of whoever would put them in danger.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:48 AM       
"The security issue is a hoax -- even some of the pro-war people here have said as much."

Who?
Mocker
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:50 AM       
Quote:
You assume that the people of Iraq could not have a democracy or a constitutional monarchy or anything better than your choices given above. So first, your question is invalid because as per a liberal, you only give half the info. I should also add it’s pretty damn arrogant that you believe that Iraqis can’t have a good govt.
Well if America has done a splendid job in the Middle East, why isn't it the shining epicenter of democracy and capitalism that it should be??? History, mon ami, history. Let history be your guide. As it stands now, we are only repeating it.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:57 AM       
"The security issue is a hoax -- even some of the pro-war people here have said as much."

Who?
Mocker
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:58 AM       
Rorschach, for one.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:08 AM       
HAHAHAHAHA!

What does he know? Non of us are really in the loop.

Give me a source from an official who said that.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:16 AM        Being Anti-Bush/Anti-War is Pro-Troops!
The move to impeach bush is now both anti-war and pro-veterans..
wakeup bush supporters Bush is a Corporate Criminal robbing us every chance he gets! we will hold his administration accountable no matter what the press says, there will always be alternative voices speaking out. All we need is a few key whisltle blowers and the Bush administration will crumble like the house of cards it is.

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.or...cle.asp?id=560

Washington - With hundreds of thousands of American troops poised for combat in Iraq, veterans groups are criticizing a budget plan expected on the House floor this week that would slash Veterans Affairs money by $15 billion in the next decade to help make room for President Bush's proposed tax cuts.

"Cutting already underfunded veterans' programs to offset the costs of tax cuts is indefensible and callous," said Edward R. Heath, national commander of the Disabled American Veterans. "It is unconscionable to cut benefits and services for disabled veterans at a time when we have thousands of our service members in harm's way."

The Republican plan, which the House Budget Committee adopted last week on a party-line vote, would chop $467 billion - 1 percent - from mandatory spending programs including the Veterans Affairs Department, Medicare and Medicaid in the next 10 years to offset $1.5 trillion in tax cuts the president proposes in the same period. The proposal also contains major increases in spending for defense programs and homeland security while achieving a balanced federal budget by 2010.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:24 AM       
"YES! YES!

BUSH WANTS TO STARVE OLD PEOPLE AND SCHOOL CHILDREN TOO.

VOTE CASTRO!" - RANXER

Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:50 AM       
Yes, and they tried to impeach Reagan as well. Looks like the country was behind that as well, considering he won in the biggest landslide in election history.

RANXER! He has shown me the life! Althought more coporate greed is based on the democratic side, HE HAS SHOWN ME THE LIGHT! I want to move to Cuba or N. Korea right now, so I can starve to death and have my voice crushed by the police!

Ranxor, if you are in college, I would sue them pronto.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:11 PM       
um, shoot the messenger: :roll typical response
don't even read what veteransforcommonsense.org is saying cause i linked it eh?

ignore the truth, ignore the questions, ignore the voices not heard on fox/abc/nbc/cbs, they will just go away right? :/
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:33 PM       
CONSPIRACY! CONSPIRACY!
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:54 PM       
ill agree that the bush administration has been talking conspiracy for months now!
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:10 PM       
Agree with yourself?

Or with....

....your commie anti-American buddies?
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:37 PM       
christ ranxer, do you ever stop and just look at yourself? have you ever stopped to actually READ what you are posting? i mean, how can you dare speak against anything the bush administration has done when you commit the gravest error in politics everyday, you only allow for what the minority says is right.

i thought ror was against this war...but anyways, as has been said, nobody wants any soldiers to die, but in any conflict there is that risk. why does nobody else see that this is ultimately for the greater good? why is it so hard to understand that legally, we have the right to invade iraq again? its terribly frustrating...
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:41 PM       
They understand.

They just hate Bush.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:56 PM       
You know, it has just occured to me. Ronnie and Ranxer are really just 2 sides of the same coin. Just look at their stuff.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 02:18 AM        .....
I'd rather not get into the specifics of the merits and consequences of war here because quite frankly in my opinion the matter is far too complex to be fairly addressed on a message board. It would lead to long winded marathon posts that no one would want to read anyway.

But I do want to say this. I would hope that the courtesy that I personally, and hopefully many others, extend to the anti war camp are returned to those of us who aren't oppossed to military intervention. That is to say that just as I would not arbitrarily condemn anyone who's anti-war as a left wing hippy fanatic, I would hope that i would not be automatically lbe abeled a conservative right wing zealot because of my opinion.

I'm a little oppossed to the term "pro-war". As an anti war activist, you reap the benefits of feeling like a benevelont humanist. If you support war, you are "pro-war", as if to say you relish the opportunity to engage in wanton death and destruction. I, as I would guess many others, and certainly a majority of those who are charged with carrying out such a war hardly enjoy it.

You will find many of the folks currently engaged in military operations will say they are thoroughly looking forward to going home and would probably quite frankly rather not fight. However, they believe that the good of the nation requires it, morally right or wrong, so they fight.

Anyhow, there ought to be a distinction for those of us who do not enjoy war, but have still come to the conclusion that it is an inevitable outcome in this case. All arguments aside, I personally hate being lumped into the flag waving, Lee Greenwood loving, "darkie" hating, war monger simply becauase I am not vehemently oppossed to this war.

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 09:57 AM       
Yes, but why are people that are for this war automatically a bunch of racists redneck flag wavers, GAsux? Before you start whining about being sterotyped, dont sterotype others. It's not classy on your part.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 10:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
"YES! YES!

BUSH WANTS TO STARVE OLD PEOPLE AND SCHOOL CHILDREN TOO.

VOTE CASTRO!" - RANXER
DID RONNIE JUST LIE?!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 10:50 AM       
OH, MAN VINCE!! You are truly a priceless gem!

You are such a knee jerk reactionary you didn't even get that GA was writing!

" I would hope that the courtesy that I personally, and hopefully many others, extend to the anti war camp are returned to those of us who aren't oppossed to military intervention. That is to say that just as I would not arbitrarily condemn anyone who's anti-war as a left wing hippy fanatic, I would hope that i would not be automatically lbe abeled a conservative right wing zealot because of my opinion. "

GA is NOT OPPOSED TO MILITARY ACTION! He doesn't lable me a 'hippy fanatic" (or air headed bleeding heart pussy in your eliquent college employee lingo) and hopes I will not lable him a 'conservative right wing zealot'. He is actively calling for pople not to lable supporters of this war!

Which, by the way, GA, I certainly do not. But apparently you aren't 'classy' enough for Vince.
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
how can you dare speak against anything the bush administration has done when you commit the gravest error in politics everyday, you only allow for what the minority says is right.
DARE? oh my. i'm speechless, dare to speak out? dare to disagree? as an american? as a human being? there's so many reasons to speak out against the bush administration i don't know how to answer that.

and i'm not sure how that could be a grave error.. i'm aware that my opinions and the folks that share them are not seen as popular unless you are at an anti-war/anti-bush rally or watching one from your lazy boy. and that when many of us speak up against tyranny we will get all manner of slander/hate speech thrown at us. the crap here is deep, i fall in too often..
this board is somewhat for outing tough opinions right? I'm freaking PISSED at GWB!! as an American i first believe in the rule of law, as it stands i am involved in public discourse to Change some of that law but for the most part i have no need to break any laws.. i leave room for jwalking, speeding once a blue moon, and maybe tresspassing to get a nice view from a water tower or something.

so dammit its MY RIGHT TO SPEAK OUT WHEN I THINK SOMEONE IS BREAKING THE LAW

AND I THINK GWB HAS BROKEN THE LAW IN THE GRAVEST FREAKING MANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so i can also see how some can call me the oposite side of the same coin with ronnie..

don't move ronnie, i got ya right where i want you

hah, as if i had some kind of skill, pfft..:/

Faith in the troops / NO Faith in GWB

And yes i can understand how some of yall can freak on some of us and write us off as extreemists.