Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 10:56 AM        LSD advice
I think i'm going to try tripping on acid. Bill hicks recommended it so i dunno.

Because the government is so full of shit on things like on marijuana, i can't figure out the REAL facts on LSD. Some of my friends tell me it's non addictive euphoria, some tell me it's addictive permanent rewiring of your brain into a psychotic retard.

The whole permanent change to attitudes towards life. Is that enlightenment or indoctrination by the drug?

Can someone that's tripped on acid tell me what the damn drug is like?
If u've never tripped pls don't post here. Please
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 11:16 AM       
I remember doing drugs as a teen and not enjoying Acid. We would go pick magic Mushrooms and laugh our ass off, eventually you have to stop because it is a form of poison. Drugs are fun at certian times with certain people in certain environments. Nothing worse than a bad Acid trip or Alchohol poisoning...thats something you never forget
Captain Bukakke
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM       
so if i take acid, will i end up like you?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM       
I don't need drugs to have an imagination I knew when to stop and what drugs not to ever try so sure you might end up like me.

Happy New Year : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfiDWIUud-w If you want to see where drugs can take you visit Hasting St.

Quote:
The most drugged out streets in all of Canada, if not North America.

The huge area is right in the heart of central Vancouver.
Located in British Columbia, Canada.

Needles are injected right in front of you, while the police just sit back with you and watch.
I worked near Hastings and a famous prositution street...I've seen drugs and had to open a shop door to find a fresh shit that some drug guy left for us in morning.

Last edited by FartinMowler : Feb 18th, 2007 at 12:12 PM.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 12:55 PM       
www.erowid.org

Take One hit of acid, go to toys R' Us, and max out your credit card.

Better yet, If you have never tripped befor, take shrooms first.

I refuse to admit to the amount of LSD I have consumed in the past 10 years.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 01:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenor View Post
www.erowid.org

Take One hit of acid, go to toys R' Us, and max out your credit card.

Better yet, If you have never tripped befor, take shrooms first.

I refuse to admit to the amount of LSD I have consumed in the past 10 years.
Tropical, I've never tried acid myself, but I suspect you can find some valuable lessons in the above post..... and I'm not referring to her link.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 02:24 PM       
Almost all psychedelics feel relatively the same. They have very similar body highs. I guess the difference comes in when you take high doses of them, but for the most part hallucinations are the same all around.

LSD won't "make you" enlightened though, it's just a drug. I suppose it has the POTENTIAL to HELP you become enlightened since it disassociates you from the norm, but honestly, you're neither going to become retarded nor enlightened by taking LSD (I mean you'd have to take A LOT of a drug and consistently for it to have much of an effect).
Timothy Leary wrote about LSD not as instant enlightenment really but as a psychological tool - you could kind of compare it to hypnosis. However, he also stated that in order for it to be a good tool it has to be used properly. They used a lot of "Rituals" when they used the drug medicinally - so more hypnosis comparisons.
Truly, the basic idea of it was that let's say when you were eleven you masturbated to a picture of a midget and so you've had a midget fetish your entire life (because timothy leary said the first sexual experience you have "Imprints") and you talk to timothy leary. Well, he would do some shit with the acid and psychology and crap and you'd walk out not attracted to midgets anymore.
They actually use a lot of different types of drugs depending on what type of problems you have. supposedly, some are better than others for treating certain conditions.

You won't be instantly addicted. Honestly, whenever you hear someone talk about drugs and they say ITS SO HORRIBLE ITLL KILL YOU INSTANTLY or something it's usually a lie. Same thing when people say, "OH YOULL BE ENLIGHTENED INSTANTLY AND ALIENS WILL TELL YOU THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE."

Most "Real acid heads" of the 60's will tell you that the acid they have now-a-days isn't real acid, it's just "Poison" or some strange mixture. I don't really know what to say about that, but it's possible.

Anybody who says they became enlightened because they took a drug is a fool and a liar. Everybody I've met like that was a fool and a liar. Drugs can be incredibly useful when thinking about the universe or whatever but not one high alone is going to give you every detail. It's just like when you're not high, all the ideas of the universe don't suddenly come crashing down on you. You might have some moment or some instance where you're looking at the universe and discover some aspect of it, but you're not going to understand everything about the world.
i dont even know why people use the term enlightenment :O i guess there's some forms of enlightenment you could walk away with but they're pretty gay and could be understood in other ways and would probably be pretty basic.

Take LSD (if it's real), tropical. It's fun, but don't expect superior enlightenment.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 02:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
I think i'm going to try tripping on acid. Bill hicks recommended it so i dunno.
I dunno, I think Hicks preffered shrooms to acid.

Well, there was the hillarious "door is a jar" bit
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 02:55 PM       
You will never see the world in the same way. Partly enlightenment. Then again, if you take a nasty tab or have a bad trip, there's the possibility of fuckin yourself up for good.

If your family has a history of mental disorder, don't take it cause it can bring that out.

The CIA was heavily into LSD during the vietnam era. They took it in groups, snuck the chemical into the punch at parties, and generally had a grand old time with it (whatever their motives were) until beatnicks and free-thinkers picked it up and it became "bad".

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 03:44 PM       
What does, "You'll never see the world the same way again" mean? that's one of the gay statements i hear about acid/any good hallucinogen all the time.

what like afterwards he'll be all, "MAN THOSE HALLUCINATIONS WERE CRAZY. THAT MAKES ME SEE THE WORLD DIFFERENTLY. BECAUSE LIKE WHAT IF EVERYTHING IS A HALLUCINATION OR SOMETHING. OH DUDE" that's so dumb. "DUDE I NEVER CONSIDERED THE POSSIBILITY THAT YOU COULD HALLUCINATE THINGS THAT ARENT REAL. THAT CHANGES THE WAY I LOOK AT THE WORLD."

i dont get it, please explain. I honestly just don't get how taking a hallucinagenic drug can change the way you look at the world, except for the time when you're on the drug. After you come off the drug don't you think, "That was a drug induced way of seeing it's different than this normal way of seeing which sees mostly concretely real things."

seriously.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 08:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
What does, "You'll never see the world the same way again" mean? that's one of the gay statements i hear about acid/any good hallucinogen all the time.
I'm not one of those "gay" guys who preaches about drugs, or, god forbid the professor mentions drugs and I become a walking erowid.com

I'm saying that substances that alter your mind (lsd, peyote, etc.) do open up a different way of thinking, if you have an open mind to begin with. It's not a matter of "euphoria" or "feeling high," it's merely a way to experience something you haven't seen before. There could be millions of things happening that our brains simply tune out. Yes, it involves a chemical, but everything we sense is a result of a chemical reaction in our brains.

I'm not saying it's gonna change your life and you'll become enlightened.

I don't know much about flashbacks, never had one myself. I hear the chemical deposits in your spinal cord, because I knew a guy who casually cracked his back and received quite the flashback.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
BANNED

Old Feb 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM       
I'm chilled out dude I was just discussing a topic i happen to find interesting. There are a lot of people that think doing drugs makes you smarter than anyone else.
BANNED

Old Feb 18th, 2007, 03:46 PM       
I think most people confuse the euphoria/body high from drugs to mean that they are experiencing god or some utterly different reality which changes everything, but the only thing that makes it seem so groundbreaking and life-changing is the fact that you're euphoric and have a body high because you're on a drug.

basically people are retarded and think feeling good means something extra special, when it's just the nature of the drug to make you feel good. Which is fine, that's what the drug is supposed to do; but why do people act like it necessarily has immediate relevance in real reality?
IF IT CAME FROM A DRUG ACCOMPANIED BY VISIONS AND SHIT IT MUST BE REAL IM GETTING TO THE TOP OF REALITY is the attitude a lot of people seem to take. I think people full of themselves think that way.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 05:14 PM       
Timothy Leary.

Need I say more?

sidebar: Sure, when I did drugs it wasn't 'Cool', now everyone's doing them!
BANNED

Old Feb 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM       
I was just fucking talking about Timothy Leary, you idiot. Scroll up and read.

sidebar: "Guys I was cool before I was cool"

Quote:
Timothy Leary wrote about LSD not as instant enlightenment really but as a psychological tool - you could kind of compare it to hypnosis. However, he also stated that in order for it to be a good tool it has to be used properly. They used a lot of "Rituals" when they used the drug medicinally - so more hypnosis comparisons.
Truly, the basic idea of it was that let's say when you were eleven you masturbated to a picture of a midget and so you've had a midget fetish your entire life (because timothy leary said the first sexual experience you have "Imprints") and you talk to timothy leary. Well, he would do some shit with the acid and psychology and crap and you'd walk out not attracted to midgets anymore.
They actually use a lot of different types of drugs depending on what type of problems you have. supposedly, some are better than others for treating certain conditions.
sidebar: guys i was talking about timothy leary before it was "Cool", now everybody's doing it.
Not Just Normal Asia, Its
Goat Cheese is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 06:30 PM       
You ever seen jesus wraped in a blanket of sex?

that is what LSD is like.
[x] High-Five The Harlem Globetrotters
[_] Become an I-mockery god
[_] Defeat Lenor
[_] Become Womti's Best Friend
Captain Bukakke
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 07:18 PM       
Rogni: i've read a biography, that says he loves MDMA the most and mushroom and LSD was just whatever was convienient.

Kahljorn: chill out dude.

but yea, it's the permanent flashback shit the worries me. I don't want to trip in the middle of something important. Really don't know if that's just an overblown rarity. I guess my desire for hallucinating is much like wanting to travel the world.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 09:54 PM       

because all you need is a fat bowl and led zepplin man

Last edited by eggyolk : Feb 18th, 2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: drug reference
zoom
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 09:56 PM       
or any other typical stoner band
BANNED

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 12:56 AM       
"I'm saying that substances that alter your mind (lsd, peyote, etc.) do open up a different way of thinking"

What I was trying to say is HOW does it open new ways of thinking? just because you're hallucinating? I disagree that it opens a new way of thinking, if you're already "Open-minded" doesn't it stand that you're already open? ;o

"It's not a matter of "euphoria" or "feeling high," it's merely a way to experience something you haven't seen before. "

Isn't 90% of that experience feeling Euphoric?

"There could be millions of things happening that our brains simply tune out."

How does this apply to hallucinations and drug highs? Are we "Turning on, tuning in and dropping out" ALL THE GIRLS ARE YOURS? lol. And how does that apply to usually "Unreal" hallucinations? are the hallucinations real reality?

"I'm not saying it's gonna change your life and you'll become enlightened."

that's cool dude i just wonder why people think it. I've had a lot of good experiences on drugs. Sometimes i think the thoughts i have become more profound because I'm on a drug. Sometimes I also think the euphoria I'm feeling and the association and feelings it attaches to previously meaningless things are partly what makes them seem so profound and warrants them investigation in the first place.
zoom
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 01:11 AM       
kahljorn you're such a buzzkill man :/

Last edited by eggyolk : Feb 19th, 2007 at 01:11 AM. Reason: :/
BANNED

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 01:59 AM       
"kahljorn you're such a buzzkill man :/"

evidence that druggies don't want to think ;O "thoughts man those are buzz kills we like to feel the truth with our drug"
zoom
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 02:47 AM       
what are you a dare officer or something? or were you parents killed by drugs idk
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 02:58 AM       
Celebrities have the best ideas!
BANNED

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 03:15 AM       
"what are you a dare officer or something? or were you parents killed by drugs idk"

No. I do drugs all the time. Probably more than you ;/ I'm on drugs RIGHT NOW and in every post i made in this thread.

I JUST FIND CERTAIN THINGS ABOUT THE CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE WORLD TO BE INTERESTING AND WORTH INVESTIGATION
why?
I DONT KNOW MAYBE TO LEARN THINGS TO IMPROVE THEM and also SO I DONT THINK STUPID THINGSLIKE TAKING DRUGS WILL MAKE ME ENLIGHTENED
but at the same time
REALIZING THE PRACTICAL USES OF DRUGS AND HOW THEY INFLUENCE THE MIND

I hope that's not too unacceptable for you.