Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:16 PM        What would YOU do if YOU were in charge!!!
If you had complete control of the country, what would you do for it? This is the question I am asking you.

To start it off, I'll go first:

I would change almost everything so that it would follow all the ideas here: http://www.lp.org/issues/

HOWEVER, I would also do the following. Note that if any of these are contrary to the link above, this takes precedence:

Change #1. Education by the govt. WOULD exist - I would initiate something that I like to call "entreprenurial government". This is a political theory I have (loosely) constructed in my mind, and varies depending on how it is funded and what it is for. I will relate it to education here:

1. The government education system (GES) is not funded by taxes. Instead, it is funded by those who are taught there - each family who takes lessons in school must pay tuition per child (the per child aspect may change through reception). This money is used to fund the individual school and all of it's personel.

2. The GES scales based on personel. For example, if a school rakes in $1 million dollars of profit, 70% would be split up among the teachers, 5% the janitors, etc. Note these are not the actual figures, as I am not an expert in that particular field.

3. The GES does not exist everywhere. If the majority of people in a local are upper middle class and many private businesses exist, there is no need for the system to be implimented. The system is used primarily in poor areas with few school choices: in such an area, multiple government run schools may be initiated so as to have them compete - the ones that do better have more members.

Why the GES: The GES's goal is to provide affordable and excellent education. It is very much a business: the more efficent it is, the more it's worker's receive in pay since it will have more customers.

The problem with completely adopting the Libertarian's system is that it assumes some private schools will aim for the poor family. While it is fine and dandy if it does, it is always good to have a back-up plan: remember, this is only used if felt necessary.

Next up: A change made into the government that allows the people to directly vote on laws!!! Read up on it when I edit my post later tonight!!!

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 08:34 PM       
I would build more Coke factories in India.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 08:35 PM       
Quote:
Next up: A change made into the government that allows the people to directly vote on laws!!!
That would be in a Democracy. We have a Republic last time I checked. You know, the whole voting for representatives thing we do.

In similar comprehension of our political system and manneurisms to yourself, I advise the country makes the purchase of a pony and puppy for every little girl and boy. Respectively.

The whole point of public school is that families who cannot afford a private education have somewhere to turn. On top of that, I doubt you could find a body of teachers in their right mind that would work entirely on commission. Or a janitorial staff that would employ their services for 5% of said commission. If you mean that this program would run in conjunction with public schooling, without tax dollars paying for the program, how is this idea (aside from ludicrous pay methods) any different from currently exisiting, non-government-affiliated private schools?

In conclusion, thank you for the worst idea ever.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 08:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 09:00 PM       
You expect people to vote on EVERY law? Do you have any idea of the number of laws that there are and the length of each one?

Some laws fill books 100's of pages long! How do you expect the average American to understand them, unless you are going to reduce their complexity down to "thou shalt not kill."

No laws would ever get passed because not enough people would understand them or care about them.

Mungus the Foon is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 10:06 PM       
if i had control of our country i would pull away from america because i have ABSOLUTELY NO BELIEF in this "special relationship" we are supposed to have with them and that mr blair keeps assurring us exists.
what is absolutely fucking ridiculous is that our leaders have assured us it exists for DECADES even before WW2.
why didn't we abandon this idiotic concept then when they would only sell us supplies if we came and got them, getting blown up on the way there and the way back. even when we managed to convince them that we were pretty much FUCKED they would only bring anything as far as iceland (well fair enough). and i suppose they did join in the fighting once pearl harbour had been attacked by the japanese and hitler declared war on them. and then we have films released which say that the americans did EVERYTHING and it is only down to them that we won at all (WRONG good old stalin did more to win the war than the US) i mean look at U571 (i think) clearly stating that the americans captured the enigma machines and codes and all that stuff. again WRONG we captured the things and i THINK that the polish decoded stuff.
anyway where was i?
oh yes, the "special relationship" is a load of bollocks. we back the americans up on everything and they fund the IRA. nice. well, to be fair, the funding of the IRA has stopped since the end of 2001 (i wonder why?).
we need to get AWAY from america and INTO europe.
rant over.
i want to make it clear that i have nothing against american people and if anyone is offended by anything i wrote forget you read it.
beer now.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 10:14 PM       
Well SOOOORRRRRIEEEEE!

Besides, didn't Britain have its own propeganda touting its own contributions to winning the war?

Mungus the Foon is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 10:17 PM       
of course, but if i can't bitch what's the point of living?
Mocker
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 10:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Quote:
Next up: A change made into the government that allows the people to directly vote on laws!!!
That would be in a Democracy. We have a Republic last time I checked. You know, the whole voting for representatives thing we do.
HELLO!!! HAVE I POSTED MY CHANGE YET!!! NO!!! CONGRESS STILL EXISTS IN THE CHANGE!!!

I don't expect people to vote on every law, because not every bill will make it to them. I have to post the change before you judge it, folks.

Quote:
In similar comprehension of our political system and manneurisms to yourself, I advise the country makes the purchase of a pony and puppy for every little girl and boy. Respectively.
Maybe I just don't quite get that.

Quote:
The whole point of public school is that families who cannot afford a private education have somewhere to turn. On top of that, I doubt you could find a body of teachers in their right mind that would work entirely on commission. Or a janitorial staff that would employ their services for 5% of said commission. If you mean that this program would run in conjunction with public schooling, without tax dollars paying for the program, how is this idea (aside from ludicrous pay methods) any different from currently exisiting, non-government-affiliated private schools?
I don't think you fully understand the concept.

The point of the GES is to make schools that the poor can afford to go to. If you are so down on your luck that you can't pay whatever the price is despite the low taxes adopted due to the largely libertarian government, you have no business having children and should either 1. have aborted them or 2. put them up for adoption. Personal responsiblity is the focus. Considering what the GES is for, you probably wouldn't have a house or be making minimum wage either.

Doubt I would find a body of teachers? Why? What support do you have? Also keep in mind I mentioned that those were not the exact percentages.

Quote:
In conclusion, thank you for the worst idea ever.
In conclusion, thank you for the worst post ever.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Signal
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:12 AM       
A) What kind of libretarian tells families how many kids they can have?

B) Ever heard of the United Federation of Teachers? That is not an easy dragon to slay.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:29 AM       
Put Hulk Hogan as VP, then resign.
Mocker
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 09:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
A) What kind of libretarian tells families how many kids they can have?
I don't. Libertarians believe in personal responsibility. If you have so many kids that you cannot support them, then you have a problem. To be precise, true Libertarians do not beleive in public education at all.

We are also leaving out the fact that some charities might give money to these families; in fact, some could be made for that purpose.

Quote:
B) Ever heard of the United Federation of Teachers? That is not an easy dragon to slay.
It's like I said: the goal of these public schools is to provide eductation to the poor. The idea behind making money in them is the massive volume of children would make up for the low entry cost (hence, most of these would probably be in highly urban areas).

The goal is to ensure education for everyone without wasting our tax dollars on something we may never use. It also discourages large amounts of children, thus keeping the population at least somewhat in check.

Remember, this is just the backup plan. The government only get's involved where felt necessary. I would much rather see private schools aimed at the poor, or at least see them compete with the government.

With regards to the UFT, let's be honest: if we implemented this immediately, we would have a lot more troubles than them. Like what to do with those public schools that aren't necessary anymore. This thread is more designed for theoritical changes in the government that you think would make it better.
Ooner is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 01:03 PM       
Good luck making one of these private schools for poor kids actually turn a profit. I hope the teachers are willing to work for free.

Libertarian economics are for stupid people.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooner

Wow. I think I will print that out and put it on my wall. If anyone ever says something "is the stupidiest thing they have ever heard/seen/read/etc", I will show them this and they will be proven wrong.

Ooner, please go back to throwing shit at your family and banging the Monolilth with a thigh bone.

Well, back to the topic:

If I were in charge I would:

-Pass a flat tax/national sales tax plan
-Outlaw the progressive tax system
-Cut govt spending
-Make pot and shrooms legal
-Tighten the borders
-Increase state's rights
-Pass a Traditional Marriage Agreement act
-Raise the driver's license age to 18
-Put more money in faith based programs, due to their success rate
-Obliterate the IRS, the NEA, and the EPA
-Let employeers establish a minimum wage and desired work week within reason.
-Lesson govt sanctions on medicine approval
-Eliminate property, luxury, and other hidden taxes.
-Revamp the public school system and give money to private schools on a "specialized" basis. This would involve a pay-for-performance system and a check on what is really being taught. There would also be a standardized tests before you could recieve your diploma. Also, give the money taken from drug pushers and other fines and give that to use as vouchers for the private schools. Shutting down other schools would also be a must
-Get rid of the "New Age" crap in our elementry schools right now. Johnny needs to learn how to read, write and learn, not how their teacher likes to have her "life-mate" shove beads up her ass and how everyone should accept it.
-Tolerance would be a must. But REAL tolerance, meaning "I won't beat your ass for being a gay black man if you won't beat my ass for being a white nationalist"
-the NAACP, ADL, MeCHa, and all the other left wing groups would be given a two word fax from me: "Blow me."
-Rape laws would be revamped. The defendant would be the defacto favored in the case. More evdience would have to be submitted to have a trial. If the defendant is convicted of rape, he is executed. If the defendant is found innocent, the plantiff must serve 50 years in hard labor in the new prison complex of Alaska.
-It would be harder to sue someone. There would be Tort Reform.
-Hate Crime law and Affirimative action would be outlawed. Merit and ability to the required job would be the requirements of hiring/firing. Every state within reason would be right-to-work.

I could go on and on, but I don't want to.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
-Rape laws would be revamped. The defendant would be the defacto favored in the case. More evdience would have to be submitted to have a trial. If the defendant is convicted of rape, he is executed. If the defendant is found innocent, the plantiff must serve 50 years in hard labor in the new prison complex of Alaska.
Could someone who lives close to Vince go rape him and show him how easy it is to get a rapist convicted?
Mocker
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 02:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooner
Good luck making one of these private schools for poor kids actually turn a profit. I hope the teachers are willing to work for free.
Boy, you people sure love throwing around comments without any basis.

Quote:
If I thought you might actually be more intelligent than I am, I might be offended. Fortunately, you're not.
Ooner is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:43 PM       
Ok, I was too general in my dismissal of Libertarian ideas. I lean libertarian a little so I agree with a lot of the stuff here already (mostly social things, drug laws etc), but certain things need relatively heavy government control/funding. Schools are one of those things. The reason there isn't much in the way of private schools for poor kids is that they wouldn't be good business, and you'd have a hard time keeping them open. It would be no different if the GES were running the show. I like the idea of privatization of school systems as much as possible, but I don't think a government-run low-income private school system would be quite as effective as you think.

Sorry for the broad swipe at Libertarian economics, I should probably learn to keep my mouth shut when I don't know too much what I'm talking about, although I will argue for more government involvement than the LP would like, considering things like the lighthouse argument.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 04:29 PM       
Wow. I think I will print Vinth's list of thigs he would do if he were in charge out and put it on my wall. If anyone ever says something "is the stupidiest thing they have ever heard/seen/read/etc", I will show them this and they will say "Sweet Creeping Jesus, what bag of shit wrote THAT?!? How can such a retarded colin blockage manage to type at all, I mean, God damn, can't someone sneak up behind it with a hammer and put it out of it's misery?! Oh, Oh, GOD, I think that post is actually making me SICK!! What's next, some kind of sad, knee jerk ethnic slur?! Oh, I AM ACTUALLY VOMITTING!!"

farbour is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 08:40 PM       
If i were in charge i would:

1.Tax Religion
2.Tax Religion
3.Tax religion
4.Legalize some sort of controlled substance.(probably PCP)
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 11:05 PM       
Where to start? Oh, I know!

1. Execute Vince for being the biggest moron ever.

Now for more serious matters.

2. Make food, clothing, shelter, medical care, and higher education guaranteed rights for all citizens.

3. Legalize drugs, but restrict use to private locations only.

4. Welfare would be given in the form of vouchers that can only be used for food, shelter, clothing. Additionally, all able-bodied persons would have to work for their vouchers.

5. Require those who wish to have children to obtain a permit.

6. Completely separate religion from government.

7. Make no distinction between heterosexual and homosexual marriage.

8. Disallow corporate involvement in elections and end all corporate welfare programs.

9. I'm sure I'll catch hell for this one, but if I were to move to Mexico, I'd be expected to speak Spanish. If you come to the United States, you speak English.

10. Tougher environmental laws.

11. Completely outlaw all forms of discrimination, including affirmative action.

12. Deport all citizens of the Deep South.

13. Resurrect Vince just to kill Vince again in the most horrible way imaginable.

I'm sure I could think of many more, but I'll stop for now.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 11:41 PM       
Quote:
2. Make food, clothing, shelter, medical care, and higher education guaranteed rights for all citizens.
Why stop there? Why not make cars and beach homes basic human rights? And do you want a doctor who went to med school because it was his right?

Quote:
4. Welfare would be given in the form of vouchers that can only be used for food, shelter, clothing.
Food stamps and WIC.

Quote:
Additionally, all able-bodied persons would have to work for their vouchers.
I don't disagree with that, but good luck making it work.

Quote:
5. Require those who wish to have children to obtain a permit.
The more I read this list, the more it looks like the Communist Manifesto.

Quote:
6. Completely separate religion from government.
Impossible.

Quote:
7. Make no distinction between heterosexual and homosexual marriage.
Except for that whole having kids thing.

Quote:
8. Disallow corporate involvement in elections and end all corporate welfare programs.
So the airlines and other bussinesses vital to communities can tank?

Quote:
11. Completely outlaw all forms of discrimination, including affirmative action.
I agree with this, but I think the racial issues in this country go beyond any laws that can be passed.
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 12:42 AM       
Quote:
And do you want a doctor who went to med school because it was his right?
If he was smart enough to pass, sure.

Please explain why it is impossible to separate government and religion.

Quote:
So the airlines and other bussinesses vital to communities can tank?
Isn't that what capitalism is all about? Supply and demand? Competition? If it's not a viable private industry and it's essential, it should be government run.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:19 AM       
I wanna live in Carni's government.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:38 AM       
Cut govt spending
Where? How? Why?

Pass a Traditional Marriage Act
What will this do to improve the lives of the people of your United States?

Put more money into faith based programs, based on their success rate
What success rate? Is it greater or less than other programs? And what kind of programs praytell? What secular programs will they replace? What will these programs do? What faiths will be get funding for their programs? And how will these programs be funded since you will be eliminating property, luxury and other hidden taxes, along with eliminating progressive taxation? Since when was property tax 'hidden'? Seems to me it was always right out in the open. If you own property, you pay the city money every month (or maybe year, depends where you live.) When you said "Revamp the public school system" I was a bit confused, since the rest of that comment seemed only to deal with private schools. Except mayber the part about all other schools being shutdown. Were you refering to public schooling there? Anyway, about your idea to get vouchers for the poor to go to school through drug money and fines. Why not just use tax money? Why does everyone have a problem with paying for something that helps someone other than them? I guess I'm a naive young bastard (I'm only 18) but I know I'll never have kids, but I'm never going to complain that my taxes are funding schools even though I have no kids. As to the standardized test before getting the diploma, we have that already in Alberta Canada, I figured everyone had them.

While we're on the education system I'd like to draw attention to a little anectdote. In high schools all across North America, there are enriched classes called Advanced Placement classes, which cumulate in a big standardized test that is the same for everyone across North America (in case Vince read standardized and didn't understand what it meant). Anyway, I took the chemistry and Biology AP classes and exams this year. I was 11th out of 12 students in my chem class, and 25th out of 30th in my Biology class, ie I was doing poorly relative to my classmates. On both my AP exams, I got 5's. 5 is the highest grade that can be received on the AP exams, and basically means you had to be among the top 15% of North American students writing the test. Just something to think about. Sorry for it was rambling.

I think you may have mis-worded your tolerance comments Vince. The idea that a white nationalist would reciprocate tolerance from a gay black man is flawed in that the words 'white nationalist' convey the image of an individual who is has nationalistic feelings towards the caucasion race, ie, the desire for the existance of a White Nation. Such an individual would not be tolerant of a gay black man, and should he tolerate a gay black man, he would cease to be a white nationalist as intolerance towards gay black men is central to the belief system, and therefore, the identity of a white nationalist. I think the words that may have got your idea across better would have been "A nationalistic white person", which while a bit more clumsy in its wording, would eliminate some confusion. Sorry for the rambling again, but I had to make sure you understood what I was saying. Don't want confusion.

Telling left wing groups to blow you. What happens after they carry out their fellatial presidential orders? Will they be given special priveliges? Will privileges be taken away? What will become of our beloved liberal friends after you are done ramming your doubtlessly gigantic phallus into their collective mouths?

The rape idea is excellent. But wouldn't the potential for 50 years hard labour if the courts make a mistake (and I know they will be setting aside the ancient custom of the burden of proof on the prosecution) be enough to make most rape victims not want to come forward? I mean enough rape victims don't come forward now for various reasons, and its not like the death penalty is really going to encourage them that much, especially with the pussy execution styles that they have these days. I personally would receive no vindication, certainly not enough to offset the risk.

Hate Crimes get a bad rap. I mean if I catch a black man sleeping with my wife, and I kill him, and get an extra 15 years for hate crime, thats fuckin stupid. But I think the harm to soceity of say, a gang of jocks beating a gay guy to death just because he's gay is a little greater than an average murder, due to the fact that it creates more fear, hate and division among the population than another murder will. Of course, there are always factors to consider in such situations.
As for Affirmitve Action, the idea that a company has to hire a certain number of black people, that is pretty stupid. But as in the Ambercrombie and Fitch discussion, a company should not be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race. I don't care if the employer isn't actually racist and he just wants to put on a certain image for his racist customers. It's bullshit! Racists should not be pandered to! And if a company suffers, then it suffers! We have to start looking at a bigger picture here.

That all being said, I don't see why everyone seems to hate Vince. I think he's a smart guy that just gets a bad rap and lashes out because of it. But, I'm not the smartest or best informed guy, so what I just said, or anything else I say could always be wrong.