Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Forum Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
If anything you should be hating Cousin Eddie, it looks like he started the whole thing.
dextire - Haha that's exactly what happened... glad somebody was able to follow it. The sewage dripping down onto the ice awoke the mighty lizard from his deep, icy slumber. Nice DVD haul btw!

AlliSabbah
- You got a Mr. Bungle CD as part of your gift? Awesome. That's a seriously great album. If you like it, I highly recommend getting "California".

blood_panther
- Glad they found your package blood_panther. As for shipping, I always use the standard postal service and get tracking on it... I've never liked Fed-Ex or UPS to be honest.
Space Cowboy
Ozzie is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 10:13 PM       
I got my gift today and GUESS WHAT DORKS

It's from Protoclown.
Spoilers!

Everything was awesome, and I'll be sure to try out the game the next time my nerd friends and I get together. Thanks and Merry Christmas, Protoclown!
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 11:19 PM       
That's a good haul.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 11:42 PM       
Got my Secret Santa package from BatmanJohnson today and I have to say, this is definitely going to be the one that all future SS gifts will have to compete against in the future.

It starts out with a large box showing up at my door:

Whatever was inside was so anxious to get out that it had already begun unsealing the tape holding the thing shut.

It was a veritable cornucopia of things. Party poppers, wind-up teeth, and some kind of giant stuff animal. I needed to get a closer look:

After unpacking everything, I discovered that the box was practically filled with candy, and good candy, too. There was so much that I admit, I thought it must be leftovers from Halloween, but so far, I haven't gotten sick. There was a tube of Whoppers that was open already, but I was planning on passing those along to someone else anyway.

Along with all the stuff was three letters. The first was a brief explanation of the package, followed by an apology, for some reason. Rest assured, BatmanJohnson, no one who gives me this much candy needs to apologize. There was also a letter with a giant "Q" on it, and another detailing a "curse" that I'll talk more about later.

Three-year-olds can play with these wind-up teeth no problem, but if you're two then you're just plain fucked. The same goes for the Admiral Ackbar figure, as you would probably just choke to death on his Kindle, or whatever that accessory is supposed to be.

A few comics made it into the mix as well. Rite seems to be about a gun-wielding mummy who encounters trouble at a veterinary clinic, and Alf is about Alf. I thought it was weird that Alf was drawn pretty much as he appeared normally, but everyone else is just a cartoonish rendition. That's the perks of top billing, I suppose.

The last comic was entirely in Japanese. It seems to be about a superhero monkey who uses a giant pole to beat up carnivorous animals in the jungle, which leads me to believe it may be the Japanese version of The Jungle Book. On the right is a map of a corn maze made up of a dozen map sections that you apparently needed to find within the maze. According to the rules, getting all the pieces entitled you to a dollar off a T-shirt, so I appreciate BatmanJohnson sacrificing a less expensive corn maze shirt to ensure I had a merry Christmas.

Any lingering questions I had about Star Trek can be answered with a few quick page flips. The loadout of a Class 1 Dreadnaught? The inner workings of a Universal Translator? The rules of 3D chess? You know I've got that info.

I was not aware that Shari Lewis had a show prior to Lambchop's Playalong. Granted, I hadn't really wondered about it in the first place, but now not only do I have the answer; I have evidence. The Songs of WWII CD should come in handy for whenever I get sick of a half dozen or so songs from that era that play in Fallout: New Vegas.

Best of all, I got a Hello Kitty band-aid, a tag from some Domo Kun merchandise, and the head from an action figure of Guinan, the bartender from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Earlier, I mentioned that BatmanJohnson's note included an apology. I assume this was the reason:

In order to get to all the other stuff, I had to first unpack this creepy ventriloquist's dummy. I think it was supposed to be some kind of starter model because it's stuffed, and you open the mouth by pulling on a loop of rope behind the head. That makes the talking all the creepier, as you just wind up jerking the head back and forth when you try to make the thing talk. The curse letter I mentioned before suggested that the dummy may or may not be cursed. He also mentioned that his roommate helped him pack the gift box, so I will give him the benefit of a doubt and say that his roommate was the one who felt I needed to have this strange, potentially holiday-ruining thing in my house.

Still, tons of candy and other neat stuff to distract from the creepy doll. All in all, nice work BatmanJohnson!

Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 12:09 AM       
I made a video. It's 11 minutes long. Sorry it took so long to post.
Rog was my santa.

Last edited by Mockery : Dec 10th, 2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: fixed youtube embed code
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 01:56 AM       
Excellent video, Chris!
If you suck that candy cane down to a point you could probably take down a grizzly bear with that thing.

It's amazing how much cool stuff everyone is giving this year!
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

Old Dec 10th, 2010, 02:14 AM       
When someone is that forceful in their instructions, I have no choice but to play along.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 09:19 AM       
Haha, nice work Chris.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM       
I wish I had a Russian mail order bride.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM       
Holy crap Dr. Boogie, that's a whole lot of awesome stuff, and what appears to be like 10 pounds of candy. I think you should burn that doll before it's too late though.

Awesome video Chris. "...This is about a day's worth of food..." Also, what a lovely festive greeting by mockery.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

Old Dec 10th, 2010, 02:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I wish I had a Russian mail order bride.
My wife has friends. But I'll let you know the process is LONG and EXPENSIVE. Oh god, it's expensive.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM       
OH MY GOODNESS THE WAIT IS OVER AND IT IS FROM CANADA

Oh, Stevetothepast, your art is as charming as your prose. Wait, space dollars? Oh. My. God. This is the best christmas ever.

I GOT A BOOK

AND A VIDEO GAME!

AND ANOTHER VIDEO GAME BUT WITHOUT THE INSERT

AND A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM

AND A CONTROLLER FOR SAID SYSTEM

These Santas are really happy considering their predicament. I suppose St. Nick really is just that jolly.

bro, this is like the best present ever

Canadian money is made from chocolate and hate.

Crybaby
Nekoneko061 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
Yay! My gift came today and I didn't even have to call FedEx like 10k Volt Ghost said I did.
Thank you Blood Panther! I'll post pictures when my mom gets home from work.
She has my camera. This is awesome X1000, since today is my 16th birthday.
It's just like an extra gift! Now if only my S.S. would post pics...

By the way, Leader, that chocolate santa is terrifying.

Last edited by Nekoneko061 : Dec 10th, 2010 at 04:32 PM.
Baron Von Snugglemittens
blood_panther is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM       
oh man that is such a relief. yesterday fedex said they couldnt find you, and that the address was wrong, and worse of all were going to send it all the way back here to canada, in two days.thank goodness it managed to make it's way to you.

never again fedex. hope you liked the stuff!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:33 PM       
I didnt realize we were allowed to send beer. Next year someone is getting a case.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfucius View Post
I got my package today, and it's awesome! Pictures will be up tomorrow (it's finals week, don't kill me).
Tomorrow is a long day apparently.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGlass View Post
When someone is that forceful in their instructions, I have no choice but to play along.
Glad you liked everything and thanks for being a good sport about it! Watching your reactions to the gifts and the note was awesome. That was a loooooong video, but the ending was so worth it. I love that she actually tells you to stop sucking on the candy cane hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
OH MY GOODNESS THE WAIT IS OVER AND IT IS FROM CANADA. Oh, Stevetothepast, your art is as charming as your prose. Wait, space dollars? Oh. My. God. This is the best christmas ever.
WOW. You actually got a 3DO. I used to have one of those and Gex is an awesome game. Stevetothepast, I think you win the prize for most expensive gift this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
I didnt realize we were allowed to send beer. Next year someone is getting a case.
Just make sure they're of age, and send some Santa's Butt beer because the labels on it are awesome.
Baron Von Snugglemittens
blood_panther is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
I didnt realize we were allowed to send beer.

technically, sending any type of alcohol through the mail (at least across borders) is illegal.

that said, I wont tell if you don't
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:57 PM       
DREAMCAST IS A BETTER PRESENT THAN 3D0 PROBABLY
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 06:22 PM       
Well, I am relieved that the present arrived intact. I had visions of the beer exploding and ruining the 3d0.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 08:31 PM       
Holy crap Steve, awesome gift giving. That's seriously amazing.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 04:22 AM       
Can't go wrong with some Asimov! :D
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 08:59 AM       
Asimov beats 3DO and Gex combined.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 08:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetothepast View Post
Well, I am relieved that the present arrived intact. I had visions of the beer exploding and ruining the 3d0.
It could only make it better.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 09:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekoneko061 View Post
Yay! My gift came today and I didn't even have to call FedEx like 10k Volt Ghost said I did.
Thank you Blood Panther! I'll post pictures when my mom gets home from work.
She has my camera. This is awesome X1000, since today is my 16th birthday.
It's just like an extra gift! Now if only my S.S. would post pics...

By the way, Leader, that chocolate santa is terrifying.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!