Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 11:51 PM       
"YOUR FULL STACK OF STRONG UNITS ATTACK THE THREE SURVIVING WEAK UNITS IN THE ENEMY'S STACK.

YOUR GUYS ALL DIE. WELCOME TO THE FIRST LEVEL."
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 12:11 AM       
I DO NOT PLAY MANY GAMES AT ALL. HERE'S THE GAY SHIT I LOVE STARTING WITH BEST (EARTHBOUND ) AND THE REST IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1. Earthbound
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
5. Pokemon Silver
6. Ocarina of Time
7. The game you get when you stick the Sonic 3 cartridge into the Sonic Knuckles cartridge
8. Final Fantasy X
9. Paper Mario
10. Doom

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 12:38 AM       
Bam!

10. NFL 2k1 (Dreamcast 2000)
9. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube 2004)
8. GTA Vice City (PS2 2002)
7. Sonic The Hedgehog (Genesis 1991)
6. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360 2008)
5. GTA 4 (Xbox 360 2008)
4. Maniac Mansion (NES 1990)
3. Final Fantasy 3 (SNES 1994)
2. Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360 2010)
1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES 1990)

Honorable mentions would go to Tekken 3 (PS1 1998) and Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat Mod (PC 2003)
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 12:52 AM       
1. Master of Magic (PC)
2. Fallout 2 (PC)
3. Starflight 2 (PC, although the Genesis version's pretty neat)
4. Star Control 2 (Ur-Quan Masters version)(PC)
5. System Shock 2 (PC)
6. Fallout (PC)
7. Master of Orion 2 (PC)
8. Nethack (PC)
9. Gauntlet (NES)
10. Might & Magic 2 (PC)

in order, I guess? fuck idunno
zerothree is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 05:15 AM       
I could go on for way more than just ten games, but I'm pretty sure these are my definitive ten.

1) Megaman 2 (NES 1989)
2) Silent Hill 2 (PS3 2001)
3) Jet Grind Radio (Dreamcast 2000)
4) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Playstation 1997)
5) Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis 1992)
6) Strider (NES 1989)
7) Faxanadu (NES 1989)
8) Ranger-X (Genesis 1993)
9) Super Metroid (Super Nintendo 1994)
10) Shining Force II (Genesis 1994)

Honorable Mentions: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! (NES), Blaster Master (NES), NiGHTS Into Dreams (Saturn), Panzer Dragoon Orta (XBOX), Ninja Gaiden (XBOX), Ys: The Oath in Falghana (PC), and many, many others.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 06:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
"YOUR FULL STACK OF STRONG UNITS ATTACK THE THREE SURVIVING WEAK UNITS IN THE ENEMY'S STACK.

YOUR GUYS ALL DIE. WELCOME TO THE FIRST LEVEL."
You're supposed to get your ass kicked the first level, the goal is to escape the fight while all the other generals buy you time

If you use the level select code you can back track and build up your generals though so the game gets actually managable
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM       
Megaman legends
Wu tang shaolin style
Link to the past
Suikoden 2
Breath of fire 3
Ff 6
Resident evil 5
Sotn
Rdr
Left 4 head
Castlevania harmony of despair
Demons crest
General chaos
Sunset riders
Rockin kats
Little nemo: adventures in slumberland

I hate top 10 lists so that s my top however many
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 11:46 AM       
Son of a bitch. Whiterat reminded me of the greatness that is FF3/FF6. I just set up my Wii again and noticed that in the virtual console section, too. That one might have to replace Street Fighter II, for me.

That was very funny. Well done.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 04:01 PM       
As always with this kind of list, just off the top of my head and subject to change.

1. Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
2. Warcraft: Orcs and Humans (PC)
3. The Legend of Dragoon (PSX)
4. Dungeon Keeper (PC)
5. Mario RPG (SNES)
6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
7. Red Faction (PS2)
8. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
9. Time Splitters: Future Perfect (PS2)
10. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES)
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM       
Forgot Age of Wonders, HOMM III, Magic Carpet, the Samurai Shodown games, Total Annihilation, Splatterhouse III, and Shadow of the Colossus as honorable mentions
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM       
i could make a guess at the years but i don't give a fuck
1. ufouria/hebereke (NES)
2. okami (ps2)
3. castlevania: symphony of the night (PSX)
4. super mario bros. 3 (NES)
5. blaster master (NES)
6. megaman legends 2 (PSX)
7. ffvi (SNES) / ffvii (PSX)
8. spyro the dragon (PSX)

whatever !!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM       
Shadow of the Colossus
Team Fortress 2
Thief: The Dark Project
Silent Hill
Metroid Fusion
Grim Fandango
Link's Awakening
Earthbound
Final Fantasy 6
Super Mario 64

Special mention also goes to Nethack, the only game I played at all for most of 2010.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 07:30 PM       
i think i would have loved shadow of the colossus if the whole game wasn't boss fights. i am so bad at boss fights.

"oh but these ones are awesome, watch!"

naaaaaaaaaaaaaahfuckit
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM       
BUT link's awakening is fucking great and the game on which the engine is based just got a fan translation release

it's a pretty fun game, i played it a few months ago

it has a stupid combat system rather than the link's awakening arpg fightz.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 09:14 PM       
Some honorable mentions for me

Lufia 1 and 2 (SNES)
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (PC)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PC)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Super Punch Out (SNES)
Vandal Hearts (PSX)
Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6 (SNES/GBA/DS/PSX/etc.), and 12 (PS2)
Wizardry 1, 2(NES/PC), 5(SNES/PC), 8(PC) and Tales of the Forsaken Land (PS2)
Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
NCAA Football any year after 2002 (PS2/Xbox/Xbox360/PS3)
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
I almost put this on my list. Man, so many good memories with my friends playin that in another friend's basement I don't think there was a single day in the summer of 2001 that we didn't play it. A lot of booze and weed was consumed just creating characters.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post

Lufia 1 and 2 (SNES)
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (PC)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PC)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Super Punch Out (SNES)
Vandal Hearts (PSX)
Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6 (SNES/GBA/DS/PSX/etc.), and 12 (PS2)
Wizardry 1, 2(NES/PC), 5(SNES/PC), 8(PC) and Tales of the Forsaken Land (PS2)
Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
NCAA Football any year after 2002 (PS2/Xbox/Xbox360/PS3)
was Heroes 5 like heroes 3 but in 3d?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I almost put this on my list. Man, so many good memories with my friends playin that in another friend's basement I don't think there was a single day in the summer of 2001 that we didn't play it. A lot of booze and weed was consumed just creating characters.
No kidding on that.
I feel bad because we told this one guy that Original H was Triple H's grandfather and so he always played as him.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 12:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post

No kidding on that.
I feel bad because we told this one guy that Original H was Triple H's grandfather and so he always played as him.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 03:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
i think i would have loved shadow of the colossus if the whole game wasn't boss fights. i am so bad at boss fights.

"oh but these ones are awesome, watch!"

naaaaaaaaaaaaaahfuckit
In addition to the fights, I liked just exploring the world, taking in the environments, and finding the little secrets that were hidden everywhere (the turtles, the bunkers, the secret beach, the garden on top of the temple, etc).

It was probably really fucking boring to normal people but I loved every second of the overworld. It was massive without feeling monotonous, like, say, Oblivion tended to. Not to mention fucking cool.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 03:35 AM       
I found WWF No Mercy for N64 at a flea market a while ago and gave it to my buddies that still have their N64 and had been playing WCW/NWO Revenge. We did pretty much exactly what WhiteRat described. Such an awesome series.

That was very funny. Well done.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 06:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I have literally hundreds of wrestling vidjamagame stories with my friends. We went nuts with create-a-wrestler (but then again so did everyone it seems) Some of my faves include:

-When 2k first came out the first thing we did was make create a clones of ourselves and then named one of the group the 'video wrestling commissioner'. He declared that myself and another friend would be tag team champs if we could beat the Acolytes in a match. So we put the game on hard (based on the fact that we obliterated hard mode on WCW/NWO revenge) and started fighting. Now I should tell you if you don't already know this, but hard mode on WCW/NWO is easier than easy mode on WM2K. The fight went awry for us very quickly, and Farooq gets his special, well as a man who appreciates heels and all they do, I grab a guitar and rush in the ring to blast Farooq with it, only he ducks, I clock my friend, get hit with the Dominator, and that was that. It was a perfect end to the match though.

-I forget the name of it but there was a wrestling game for the Gamecube that featured Hell in the Cell. Not too long after we got it we decided to have a tag team tornado Hell in the Cell. Knowing the caged ceiling can break while up there, we all proceeded to climb the cage as soon as the match starts. We are fighting, and I get my special, which at the time was the rolling German suplex. I use it, and as I am rolling my opponent around, the last suplex hits right where both my partner and opponent's partner are fighting. The cage then collapses, everyone but me falls through the ring, and there's nothing left for me to do but pose.

-We had an acquaintance (won't call him friend, he was creepy and it turns out he is 'allegedly' a pedophile) who used to make the stupidest create-a-wrestlers. He made a guy with long arms that he was all excited about. When he left we edited the shit out of it, turned it green, gave it googly eyes, and named him Ganglio. Then we made a clone of him, made him brown, and called him Danglio and named them the shitty tag team champs.

-More create-a-wrestler hijinx included Jesus Christ who did the razors edge as a finisher. Fro 'Nuff, a Sho 'Nuff clone with a big afro. Mmmmm Budda, a fat guy named after a fat friend who could not spell Buddha correctly. A laundry list of inside joke create-a-wrestlers that I won't go into, and so on.

Quote:
Just a more graphic-y version with a couple expansions (orcs and dwarves)

Quote:
No kidding on that.
We convinced a friend that HHH stood for Hungry Hungry Hippos. We would tell him "Why do you think he always says 'I am the game'."
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 06:32 AM       
I've played a loooot of wrestling games over the years, but none of them are really good enough for a top 10 for me. I mostly play them with Schimid, and we make tons of create-a-wrestlers too, but when we go online we usually play as Vince McMahon and then yell at people in his voice the entire match.

The newer Smackdown VS Raw games let you make your own finishers. We gave Vince two. One where he hoists someone up on his shoulders and then repositions them about 10 times; flipping them up and around and on their side, then the back, then stomach, then side again, etc.; then eventually just puts them back down on their feet and punches them. In the other finisher, he repeatedly kicks the other guy in the balls with alternating feet like he's doing a russian dance, then quickly spits green mist in their face, then resumes the ball kicking. All of the ball kicks are done at max slowness, so the entire finisher takes about 30 seconds to finish. We once won a tornado tag online with it by keeping one guy busy while our partner went for the pin.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 06:48 AM       
That's the magic of wrestling games, they are really only fun when you play them with a group of friends. Not much value playing them one player at all. Even the story modes on them are just slightly interesting and very forgettable
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 06:51 AM       
There was one SDVR game where the entire story mode was voiced by whatever character you picked, you could pick from the entire male roster, and the stories were stupider than usual.

We were playing as Orton and some chick manager cast a spell on him that turned him into a woman the next day. He wasn't even upset about it, and when some other guy was trying to make fun of him, Orton said "well at first I was upset, but look at me; I'm a perfect 10!". In his real voice. Orton sounded so bored and weird during all the deliveries too; it was hilarious.