Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 11:02 AM        You have won the Great Britan Loto!
Not a day goes by where I dont get some email or another about how I have just won the grand prize in the British loto. The way my in box tells it, I have to be both the luckiest and richest men in the world. I supposedly win about a million bucks a day. We all know this is a scam where they are just fishing for your personal info. I mean really how the hell can someone living in the US and who has never even been to the UK win their loto? I know there are some DUMB people out there but this just seams to be so asinine. You might have as much luck knocking on someones door with one of those big novelty checks and claim they can win it all if they can just hold their breath for five minutes, only to rob them blind when they pass out. How can this scam work so well that they continue to do it so often? Is it really that successful of a scam? Perhaps Im in the wrong business.

Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM       
I don't think you would see them if they didn't work. I can understand how people could be tricked if they clicked a link to those fake paypal scams or Visa ones because they look real with the logos they use.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Not a day goes by where I dont get some email or another about how I have just won the grand prize in the British loto. The way my in box tells it, I have to be both the luckiest and richest men in the world. I supposedly win about a million bucks a day. We all know this is a scam where they are just fishing for your personal info. I mean really how the hell can someone living in the US and who has never even been to the UK win their loto? I know there are some DUMB people out there but this just seams to be so asinine. You might have as much luck knocking on someones door with one of those big novelty checks and claim they can win it all if they can just hold their breath for five minutes, only to rob them blind when they pass out. How can this scam work so well that they continue to do it so often? Is it really that successful of a scam? Perhaps Im in the wrong business.

You've been coming to this forum for a while; you should know people can be really fucking dumb. Not to mention you posted a link to a video about people signing a petition to ban water recently.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM       
With as often as I alone see these scams they must work quite often. Like squared said, you wouldnt see them if they didnt work. It hurts my brain to try and imagine how many stupid people must fall for these scams that are so obviously a scam. Im starting to think if I just sent out emails asking people right out for their bank account numbers I could just quit my job.

Hi, Im with the electric company and we show that you have not payed your bill for this past month. If you would only provide your name, address and bank account I could clear this right up for you. Otherwise we will be forced to turn off your power. Thank you very much.

Dimnos@someshitthatsoundsnothinglikeyourpowercompa ny.com
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 01:50 PM       
The best one is where they say that one of your friends hires aa hit man to kill you, but he would like to give you the chance to buy your way out of this.
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
The best one is where they say that one of your friends hires aa hit man to kill you, but he would like to give you the chance to buy your way out of this.
Thats priceless.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:55 PM       
Best one I've heard of is the Honor Virus. You get an e-mail that tells you you've gotten a virus on the honor system and that you must forward this e-mail to all of your friends and then delete your own hard drive.

I have no idea if someone's actually followed through, but chances are someone has.

Quote:
Not to mention you posted a link to a video about people signing a petition to ban water recently.
Ah yes, the Dihydrogen Oxide scare.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.