Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Chris P. Bacon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:38 PM        Dumb things I have to hear.
I work in retail so I hear so many dumb things on a regular basis it would take up way too much space on this forum. What really gets me is when people I know and respect (even if it's a half-respect) say something dumb. For example, I have always been underweight my whole life. It's never really been a problem. Here lately though I have been laying off of the booze and smokes and trying to get into better shape. So I was telling someone that I've been working out and jogging and she replies, "Well YOU don't need to exercise, you're skinny enough". That's WHY I'm working out you tard! I don't want to be a 130lb. stickman anymore. Of course the woman who said that weighs 315lbs. I know this because I looked at her drivers license when she wasn't around.

One more: a co-worker and I were talking about misc. crap and I mentioned how my houseplant someone gave me was dying (probably from smoke). And the aforementioned co-worker quipped with the unbelieveably brilliant, "It probably needs some water and sunlight." WOW! My god Mr. Greenthumb I didn't think of that. So plants take water and sunshine now. What will those crazy genetic scientists what will think think of next? *sigh*

Well that's all for now I'll post later on the barrage of idiocies I get at work. Later all.

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:41 PM       
You didn't say "Hi I'm New"

You have my upmost respect...

This is what I have since I am too cheap to pay for a livejournal

"Professor Cool is Cool, yet unorganized," said one student

Chris P. Bacon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:48 PM        Hi I'm new
sorry. I did on the "Let's get to know each other" topic though. Hi all nice to meet you.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:50 PM       
Don't be sorry, your being a very good boy.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:04 PM       
Chris P bacon,
We should meet some inside Russia. Anything in Austria would put your family at risk. I need confirmation that this is going to work, otherwise you will NOT get the money.
-Evil Robot, later all
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:05 PM       
TORA TORA TORA!!!!!!!

starz is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 09:00 PM       
^^ good movie :/
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 10:36 PM       
^^ shut up :/

starz is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 10:57 PM       
^^ i hate u
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:47 AM       
Ok, this one takes the cake. When I worked at the bowling alley, there were leagues that bowled from about 6 pm to 9 pm, so open bowling usually didn't start until 9pm because the entire house (72 lanes, mind you) was filled with leagues until then.

One time this black girl, about 15-17 years old, came up to me and asked me what time the 9 o'clock bowling starts. I swear to god I am not kidding. I stared at her for a few moments, expecting her to say, oh wait, nevermind, but she never did. I eventually said "Um, how about 9 o'clock?" and she said ok and walked away like it was the most normal thing that could have possibly transpired.

Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid

JonSwift is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Waste
Ok, this one takes the cake. When I worked at the bowling alley, there were leagues that bowled from about 6 pm to 9 pm, so open bowling usually didn't start until 9pm because the entire house (72 lanes, mind you) was filled with leagues until then.

One time this black girl, about 15-17 years old, came up to me and asked me what time the 9 o'clock bowling starts. I swear to god I am not kidding. I stared at her for a few moments, expecting her to say, oh wait, nevermind, but she never did. I eventually said "Um, how about 9 o'clock?" and she said ok and walked away like it was the most normal thing that could have possibly transpired.

I don't comprehend...
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:59 AM       
That's your problem.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Johannas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Waste

Yes, thats the saddest think ive heard in a while. People like that should be shot. I feel sorry for all you guys who have to deal with people like that on a daily basis!

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:46 AM       
One time his guy asked me if Michael Douglas was in a movie, when it said it right on the front of the box that he was holding, his picture was on the damn box, when i pointed it out he said "OH, WELL SORR-E" and he walked right on out.

This is what I have since I am too cheap to pay for a livejournal

"Professor Cool is Cool, yet unorganized," said one student
tenno is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:48 AM       
I get the old "do you work here?" even though im obviously wearing a shirt and tie in the standard Fry's uniform, and i am rooting around in the video game and macking stacks, plus wearing a namebadge.............sigh............oh yeah IM WEARING THE DAMN STORE UNIFORM!!!!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 05:09 AM       
OH MAN I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE.

You know this one time? This guy with shady glasses and a cane and dog in a weird kinda brace or whatever, walks up to me. And asks me WHAT THE FRIGGIN TIME IS!!!!!!!! But there was a clock tower RIGHT BEHIND HIM!!!!!!! Fuck that pisses me off to no end.

But that's still nothing compared to this one time, when I went into a book store and picked up a book and went to the counter, and the clerk asked if I wanted it gift-wrapped. HELLO!!?? HELLO EINSTEIN!?!?!? IF I WANTED IT GIFT-WRAPPED, I THINK I WOULD'VE TOLD YOU, HUH?!?!?!? CHRIST ALMIGHTY!@!

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 05:15 AM       
I gotta love the time when I worked at Jack in the Box, and I got in an argument with a customer wether she wanted her combo in small medium or large... she replied with the combo number each time, eventually yelling it at me... ("I want a number 7" "Small medium or large?" " I SAID A NUMBER 7!!!" "ok, small medium or large? "JUST A NUMBER 7!!!!!!!" "uh, ok...") then it took her like 5 minutes to decide what she wanted to drink..
Also, someone wanted to order a BK broiler, and when I said that we didnt have it, she said that we did, because we had them in Olympia. It resulted in her storming out.
The there was this one time that some frozen sausage patties dropped, and my friend jokingly asked him if he wanted to buy them for a dollar, so the guy said he was going to report us to the Health Food Department, stormed outside, went to the payphone and looked in the phone book for a while, then came back in and asked us for the number.... ah well, that was the day that we quit... :/
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 06:31 AM       
Other way around: stupid employees.

I once dropped by a video rental to buy a pack of cigarettes, and the girl behind the counter asked me for ID. I had just come home from a vacation abroad, so I still had my passport in my jacket. She asked me if I had any "better ID". I informed her that this was a passport, the king of IDs. She accepted it reluctantly, and looked up my age.

Now, this was in the year 1998. My passport states that I was born in 1980. She spent a couple of seconds trying to figure it out before she asked her friend who was also sitting behind the counter "How old are you if you are born in 1980?" She didn't know either. I told them that if you take 1980 and add 18, you get 1998, which is the year right now. She stared blankly at me for a couple of seconds before she picked down a pack and said "All right, I'll give you the benefit of doubt".

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 06:58 AM       
wow. and they trust her with the register....
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 09:27 AM       
thats the saddest think ive heard in a while
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 09:55 AM       
I used to work in retail, so I know stupid customers well. They're a timeless antagonist.

The story above this about buying cigarettes... I was born just one year later, so my easy math doesn't work...

However, when I go in to buy smokes or beer once in awhile, they always, ALWAYS have that "Do Not Sell If You Were Born After..." calendars. Being that it is 2003, you could be born in fucking 1985 and still be old enough to buy smokes. But for some reason, this woman has trouble figuring out that someone born in 1981 is old enough.

I'm almost 22. Being fresh from 21, I don't mind standing there and waiting a bit for them to figure out I am of drinking age. However, when the math is simple enough, and I am 4 years past being old enough to buy smokes, and they STILL sit there and do the math... it gets a bit bothersome.

And it's a bit bothersome that I apparently look young enough to not be able to buy cigarettes, despite the fact I'm well beyond it.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 09:55 AM       
I hate it when 11 year old girls go up to you in Spencer's gifts (i work there) and they go "hiya, do ya know the number for 911? LOL" and run away laughing. I get that 3-4 times a day
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 10:53 AM       
Unseen, you think 11 year olds are bad? Try having hair down to your chest when Hanson mania hit.

Some stupid girls at the bowling alley asked me for an autograph

BTW: 1000th Post!!

ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 11:10 AM       
i still get carded for cigs and i'm 33.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 11:28 AM       
I'm working in internet tech support right now.... Yesterday, this lady cried - and i mean cried - on the phone because her computer didn't meet the minimum requirements for running MSN Messenger (I didn't even know such an error msg existed, but her pc had 32 megs of ram and win95).

She starts yelling at *me*: "What the hell am I paying you for?? Why do I pay all this money every month for high speed internet when my damn computer is slower than hell and I can't even chat with my friends?! High speed my ass!! You're scamming people!!"

I tried explaining that it was most likely her 7 year old computer that was 'slow' and even tried using an analogy: "Just because your TV has only 13 channels, doesn't mean it's your cable company's fault because you're paying for 70 and can't view most of them.", but to no avail. I hate my life.