Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 01:24 PM       
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 08:53 PM       
Sorry McClain... I do hope that women recovers. I've heard that chimps are pretty nasty or at least the adult ones are (I've heard that the babies are considered cute pets by some people, only to be abandoned when they get older and all chompy-chompy)

Quote:
I don't care if the cartoon is racist, because it isn't funny. It's typically republican humor. Pick something bad that just happpened and associate it with something you don't like. It's like the humor gene is missing. The basic elements of joke structure are there, but the artist doesn't actually understand what a joke is.

I could do the same cartoon and say "The republicans need a new Chairman of the Republican national party". It would be equally unfunny and equally racist."
That's what I'm saying. It's not clever, it doesn't make some sort of message (besides "Ha ha, here's a swing at the stimulous bill!"). It's pulled off with all of the subtly of a batter swinging with a refrigerator. Plus, even if they didn't intend for it to be racist (which was probably the case), they had to be idiots not to see the idea would be picked up as such.

And pac-man, no I do not. Not in the slightest.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 05:12 AM       
at first i thought it was something about the budget problem in california and i thought it was kind of funny cause you know they need to quit monkeying around ;\
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 08:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
And pac-man, no I do not. Not in the slightest.
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME?
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM       
Insane Writer
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 01:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
WOULD YOU LIKE SOME?
Tempting as that sounds, no thank you.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 02:08 PM       

LOL LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO WRITE THE NEXT STIMULUS BILL.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 02:12 PM       

ROR ROOKS RIKE RE HAVE TO FLIND SOMERONE RELSE TO WLITE THE NEXT STIMURUS BIRR.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 04:52 AM       
hahah its all up to the lil korean kids anyhow
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM       

LOL OH SHIT THAT OBHAMA DED WE NEED STIMULUS.
Dogs Get Put Down
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:34 AM       
One thing I never understood was why the owner was all 'He was like a child to me! '
Even though she told the police to shoot it and then stabbed it with a butcher knife a couple times
Insane Writer
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:08 PM       
Scarily enough, that might be an accurate statement if you read the thread on the Octuplets in the Philosophy forum.

I have to wonder why a person feels the need to own a chimp in the first place. Isn't a dog or cat better? Somethin without opposible thumbs that can open latches and such things?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
One thing I never understood was why the owner was all 'He was like a child to me! '
Even though she told the police to shoot it and then stabbed it with a butcher knife a couple times
To be fair, if I had a kid and he suddenly went berserk and started ripping the face off an innocent woman, I'd probably grab a weapon too.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:24 AM       
If I had a wild animal for a child, I'd kill it should the need arise.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM       
in some societies it isn't really so shocking when parents kill their asshole children. just cause you have children doesn't mean they are beyond requite. That's just some lame christian value people adhere to in order to feel self-important.
Sex Panther
Gato is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM       
I'm kinda reminded of Clyde the oragutang from the old Clint Eastwood movie "Every Which Way but Loose".
Dogs Get Put Down
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM       
Of course, that classic scene in which he rips an old woman's face off
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
If I had a wild animal for a child, I'd kill it should the need arise.
I was talking about this with a few friends the other day.

If I HAD to fight a chimp I would. I would fight dirty though.
¿
wobzire is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:40 PM       
Yeah! So what about the cartoon. Wasn't the last president compared to a monkey all the time as well? To answer your question McClian it is too soon, thats why it's funny.
Insane Writer
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobzire View Post
Yeah! So what about the cartoon. Wasn't the last president compared to a monkey all the time as well? To answer your question McClian it is too soon, thats why it's funny.
Eh, my thoughts on the matter are this: There's a long history of blacks being demeaned by being compared to monkies. Now, I don't believe that the cartoonist had that thought in mind when he drew that cartoon, but I also think that he should have had the foresight to realize that chances are, someone would see it as racially insensitive because of who the president was.

I like to compare it to the restaurant "Hooters". The owners of the restaurant defended the name, saying that it was given that name because of the owl logo. A comedian commented on that once, saying "Well if that's the case, I'm going to start a restaurant with a rooster and a lollipop for a logo and I'm going to call it C*&^ Suckers". Maybe the owners of "Hooters" really were just referring to the owl, but you'd think they'd have had the foresight to realize what image first comes to mind with the name "hooters".
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:37 PM       
Jesus christ.
Dogs Get Put Down
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 12:06 AM       
oh S%^& Zelda queen oh no you diiiiiiiiint
Sex Panther
Gato is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 12:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
Of course, that classic scene in which he rips an old woman's face off