Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM       
So Burnout Paradise and Criterion have the best post-release support of a game I have ever seen. Close candidate with Valve for BEST GAME COMPANY EVER.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
So Burnout Paradise and Criterion have the best post-release support of a game I have ever seen. Close candidate with Valve for BEST GAME COMPANY EVER.
Yeah i agree, they support the community a lot, and i still play the game so they've succeeded.

Because of the awesome support, me and my buddy will be buying the legendary cars and the big surf island and maybe other packs...they just sound so awesome, the first time i've been excited to pay for add-on content
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:09 PM       
MY MOTHER FUCK*NG XBOX360 DIED TODAY ;_;
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:10 PM       
IT WAS AN UNEXPECTED DEATH TOO
Role Assigner
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:16 PM       
FUCKI*G RED RING OF DEATH
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:19 PM       
You've seen the Ring, MattJack...

...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Role Assigner
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM       
Does anyone have any exp with the red ring of death for xbox360? How did you resolve issue?

kthxbye
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:23 PM       
Check your warranty and hunker down with another console for a couple of weeks.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Role Assigner
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:25 PM       
fuckkkk warranty? I bought this bitch YEARS ago.

Imma have to go buy another one tomorrow, huh?

Luckily my PC always does me right :D
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM       
Mine is overdue (knock on wood). My brother's red ringed a while back and he tried the trick of wrapping it in a towel. It was good for about a half hour of gameplay each time. That's the only trick I know.

Contact Microsoft and see what they can do for you... I hear tell they extended the warranties for early 360s (sorry don't know what dates).
Role Assigner
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:40 PM       
going to try this tomorrow
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:47 PM       
I just skimmed through the first few pics... are those instructions on how to beat Bill Gates with a wrench?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM       
Seriously, just call tech support and tell them about it. I did that with a used 360 I got off ebay, and they sent me a brand new one.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:32 AM       
I got my 360 at launch and it red ringed sometime last year but was still under warranty. They DID extend the warranty.

That was very funny. Well done.
Role Assigner
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:57 AM       
Well I'm going to call tech support in the morning. IF they fu*k me, then I'll have to go inside the guts of my xbox and beat them til they work.

I just have no clue where my warranty would be, but if they can tell by serial number or something then that would be great.

However, after doing a bit of research it does seem that most red rings are caused by over heating, so the man in me wants to replace the heat sink (i have a spare heat sink in my closet that will fit the bill) and drill of few holes in the case. Y'know, so I can feel like I have accomplished something with my life. A story to tell my grandchildren if you will

BUUUTTTT like I said I will call tech support, and even though I have to go through all this bullshit I'm still glad that I didn't buy a PS3.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 03:23 AM       
I didn't have a physical copy of a warranty of anything. They just have that shit on file. In fact, I think I might've done it online.

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:53 AM       
Same here. I didn't have shit on that 360 except the serial number.

Quit screwing around with towels and man up, you puss.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM       
I had to deal with the Tech Support twice already (yep, third incarnation of my 360 by now) but they were really fast and really helpful, gotta give MS that.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:21 PM       
OH HEY GUYS, I WAS JUST PLAYING STREET FIGHTER 4 ON MY COMPLETELY STILL WORKING PLAYSTATION 3 AND HEARD ABOUT YOUR 360 BREAKING

SORRY
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:45 PM       
Sucks for you.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:07 PM       
Just when you thought guitar woman couldn't get any worse she becomes a PS3 fanboy.
The Wolf
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM       
Yeah, well, it's not like she didn't give us ample warning of her stupidity.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM       
SORRY, GUYS, I AM TOTALLY TOO BUSY PLAYING AWESOME VIDEO GAMES TO CARE ABOUT YOUR YEAR OLD FORUM SCHTICKS
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM       
Okay, have fun!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM       
I called up tech support recently (well, a little while ago) and had a horrible conversation with a lady. I could barely understand a word she was saying; she had a thick, Asian-American accent, and I have an Australian one, so we both had trouble. Not her fault, but if it was someone from a call centre in India I could have taken that no sweat. This accent was too thick for me though.

She was supposed to send me an email with all the shipping instructions on it, but I never received it. I'm guessing it's down to a communication problem. Fuck. I have to call up again but I don't want to.