Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM       
I really liked the Paladin in Diablo, and I'm sad he's gone.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:29 PM       
Imma jump in on the D3 talk now that I am caught up on things.

Battle.net has been nothing but shit since its inception. Once upon a time I played WoW and never had my account hacked, then battle.net made me change my account name to my email address and in less than a week my account got hacked.

I do not believe in coincidences in this case.

There are about a couple dozen really good reasons why forcing online for what should be off line play is a shitty idea, but the one that sticks out above them all is having battle.net forced down my throat yet again.

Damn shame I won't be getting it unless they change this because before this news I was really looking forward to D3
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 07:05 PM       
You could join the ever growing group of sea dogs yarrrr
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 12:03 AM       
I might just do that.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 12:41 AM       
We need to group up on D3 once it comes out.

Dibs on Demon Hunter.....
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 12:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
You could join the ever growing group of sea dogs yarrrr
What?

Also, is anyone else excited for "From Dust"? That game just looks shiny as hell and I'm a sucker for such a thing. It's also being directed by Eric Chahi and I loved Out of this World.

Only thing that's a little off for me is that the recommended requirements are a quad processor. This is not a game to go minimum if it turns out awesome.

I might just have to say fuck it even though my work place is closing down.

PS Pentegarn, maybe you should have not made your password 123Whichladycanitbe?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 01:00 AM       
Preordered it. :O
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 03:42 AM       
Tried the demo on Live. It got real tiresome, picking up dirt from one end of the map and dumping it on the other. That, and the awful AI pathfinding just made the whole thing really tedious.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 03:56 AM       
I think it'll handle a lot better on the PC.

At least, I'm putting all of my hope in it.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 04:02 AM       
I'm sure the AI will still have pathing problems on the PC, but I'm also positive that it will handle better with a mouse. I didn't get it on my 360 mainly because I don't have space for it. I have a 20 gig hard drive and 6 gigs are taken up by rockband songs sadly while the rest are games I've downloaded. But I will get this game eventually, when I either buy a bigger hard drive or buy one of the newer 360s since it looks like it'd be a pretty calming game.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 04:07 AM       
I got a new Arcade version (at the time) and a used 120GB drive.

Cheapest option, I'd say.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 04:13 AM       
Yeah, I'd prefer to get a new one. The one I have now is the original 'core' version because I didn't get in line at Target until 5 pm the night before release. I thought there'd be nobody there, but there were 11 people there and the Target only had 10 pro models.

Anyway, my current one doesn't want to read discs unless I open and close the drive about 30 times when putting a new one in, so it'd be beneficial to do that.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 12:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Damn shame I won't be getting it unless they change this because before this news I was really looking forward to D3
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 01:13 AM       
i'm not buying it when it comes out because my computer probably won't be able to run it
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 01:28 AM       
I bet if you do anything to alter the files or the data, like use a hex editor to cheat, they'll notice since you're online, and ban you from playing your own game. That's the thing I'm afraid of. I like to cheat sometimes, just to see what kind of crazy shit I can do if my character has unlimited mana or whatever. That's what having an always online + weapon shop does. I could care less about selling my items but I want to be able to change the game I bought any way I want. I'll probably end up buying a copy and downloading a copy, then just copying my character file over to the 'offline' version when I want to mess around.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
That comic is how I found out that news

But it isn't the stay online thing, it is the battle.net thing that keeps me from buying it. Like I said earlier, battle.net sucks ass and making your email your account name just means your email gets hacked too when your account gets hacked.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 04:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I bet if you do anything to alter the files or the data, like use a hex editor to cheat, they'll notice since you're online, and ban you from playing your own game.
Not if your computer isn't jacked into the online.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM       
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...on/#more-68957

I WANT THIS TO BE OUT TODAY.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 04:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Not if your computer isn't jacked into the online.
I don't get it. Your computer needs to be world wide web connected to play the game.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM       
i think he means if you patch it so it doesn't need to be online

i.e. COMMIT CRIME
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 05:02 PM       
gormless

Not if some enterprising individual patches the pirated version to make it believe it's online all the time.

Which has happened before with all of these games with said DRM.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 05:29 PM       
Oh yeah, yeah... that's why I'll probably have one legit version and one pirated. So I can fuck around with one and not get banned. Cuz I'm pretty sure you can't play with other players on a pirated version.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM       
Yes, you can't use online multiplayer when you're not connected to the internet.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 06:28 PM       
i've always played diablo games with my brother so i'm gonna end up buying it regardless. from the description i'll prolly hafta wait til someone comes up with a private server that i can run locally before i can play singleplayer offline. if it wasn't a game from a series that i've traditionally spent 90% of my time in singleplayer then i don't think it would matter to me, but i guess blizz noticed how incredibly antisocial diablo is and wanted to mmo it up a little.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM       
I just saw a trailer for Killer Instinct 3 on youtube, suddenly decided that I would somehow find the extra cash for a video game system, then I realized it was some random faggot dicking around

Fucking cocktease motherfuckers, man