Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM       
Been playing The Witcher finally. I've heard mixed feelings about it but I'm liking it.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM       
Finished Stranglehold over the weekend. A fun Max Payne-style game with enough variation to keep it from being totally derivative, but a little too short to justify the $60 price tag.

Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM       
Picked up Guitar Hero III and SSSB over the weekend. Not a lot of time to play either of them, but they're there when I'm ready, dammit.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 07:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Finished Stranglehold over the weekend. A fun Max Payne-style game with enough variation to keep it from being totally derivative, but a little too short to justify the $60 price tag.
I've been trying to finish this game for about 5 months now but every time I play it I get bored and quit after 5 minutes.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM       
Yeah same. In the end I deleted it because it was taking up about 12GB of space on my hard drive.
The combat just isn't as fun as other third-person-slowmotion-em-ups.
Prince Appalling
Karmapolice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM       
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars under Sabayon Linux
Nerd Power!
theaccidentalmimo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 05:47 PM       
Wild Arms III, because it was 5 bucks. And strangly enough, I like it better than the Final Fantasy I paid 17 for.
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 07:19 PM       
I've been switching between Army of Two and Smash Bros. Brawl. If you wanna play Army of Two, Send me a friend request. My Gamertag is KingOfHell.
Prince Appalling
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 09:00 PM       
I'm gonna get it tomorrow. If you want to add me my tag is elgie
stitchfan626 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:39 PM       
super smash bros. brawl. the one thing i'm getting a kick out of in this game is the stage builder mode. i already made a couple of stages (some examples include the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and a partially crude adaptation of the first Pit from Mortal Kombat 1.)
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 04:45 AM       
Just finished Persona 3, now playing Odin Sphere (both games just came out some weeks ago here).

Waiting for Condemned 2.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM       
Finished Condemned II over the weekend. All in all, an improvement over the original, but they use darkness way too much in that game.

I didn't think they could have the game in Germany because of there being people on fire (and also mutilations and body modifications, but mostly the flaming guy)?

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 01:02 PM       
Yeah when I played the first game on PC I had to have my monitor set to "super-brighto-cheat-mode" in order to see what the hell was going on. I can see why they do it but it gets annoying pretty fast.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:15 PM       
Aggressive Alpine Skiing
Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Yeah when I played the first game on PC I had to have my monitor set to "super-brighto-cheat-mode" in order to see what the hell was going on. I can see why they do it but it gets annoying pretty fast.
They actually do this the worst in the very first level. In the last half of the level, you'll be fighting all-black creatures against an all-black background. I could feel myself getting eye strain.

Thankfully, they never do it that bad again. Well, almost in one level, but that's it.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 09:37 PM       
I thought the first condemned was cripplingly boring, and it doesn't sound like adding doom 3 elements to it would help much ;<

I played a bit of stranglehold on the 360 - great graphics and a lot of things are executed well but the controls are downright terrible. and unfortunately the torrent I got for PC requires dual-layer DVDs ;<

Smash bros is a good game but mostly more of the same and the online is a joke.

Still playing strikers ;<

installed oblivion again, spent an entire day loading it up with mods, and then got bored of it the day after.

pretty bored of fiesta ;M

looking forward to mario kart and wii fit, and moreso on the latter. I've already been on a diet and exercising for the past two months, but I think it'll be fun. that company that's making the brain-control game also seems interesting :o
Prince Appalling
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM       
OpenArena - a free open-sourceQuake 3 clone

but before that i played Army of Two. The coop part is great but the game itself is way too short. I just bought it last Saturday, played it for more or less an hour everyday and now I'm on the last mission of the game. The online feature is lacking. I wish you could join somebody's single player game and vice versa just like in Crackdown.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I played a bit of stranglehold on the 360 - great graphics and a lot of things are executed well but the controls are downright terrible. and unfortunately the torrent I got for PC requires dual-layer DVDs ;<
does daemontools/whatever not properly emulate dual layer or does it just not let you run it from a mounted image
drifting in the void
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM       
Quote:
Finished Condemned II over the weekend. All in all, an improvement over the original, but they use darkness way too much in that game.

I didn't think they could have the game in Germany because of there being people on fire (and also mutilations and body modifications, but mostly the flaming guy)?
Actually, the first one IS confiscated here, so I guess the second one will be too. But luckily, we have Austria and the UK around, so we poor german gamers (living in Carebear-Country as it seems), can still get our hands on it.

Strangely though, the guys who watch over violent media and give out the ratings, confiscated (forbidden to be sold in germany) Condemned 1 and Dead Rising, but gave Assassin´s Creed a 16-Rating, which would be your "Teen" if I´m not mistaken. Assassin´s Creed of all things.
Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM       
To be fair, Assassin's Creed is so boring that you're likely to miss all the violence because you're struggling to stay awake.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:26 PM       
I love Assassin's Creed
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM       
admittedly part of the reason is for how broken it is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k4zC9i0Vt0o&feature=related
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
I have been playing Dungeon Keeper 2 for a while now. Keep truckin', I know I will. And I mean that last line in the term of "I am stuck in a closed campus dorm."
Forum Virgin
Redem is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:10 PM       
Well got myself San Andreas recently mainly cause my comp getting old and I'm cheap
drifting in the void
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM       
Quote:
To be fair, Assassin's Creed is so boring that you're likely to miss all the violence because you're struggling to stay awake.
But it´s a good example of how random our Rating-Guys are. The game IS pretty violent and murder IS the point of the whole thing after all. And thats normally their point. "Blah blah, violence should never be the point of the thing, blah blah bunnies and candy don´t kill people, let´s ban everything else, yadda yadda." Desperately trying to protect the youth, ignoring all other reasons for violent or problematic behaviour...*sighs* Which is okay with me, as long as I as an adult person am not...*thinks of a word*...paternalised? Which is sadly exactly what´s happening here.