Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 02:45 AM        Interplanetary Lizards of the Texas Plains
My father's cousin visited the house here a while ago. Years back, he was part of a team that made a comic called Interplanetary Lizards of the Texas Plains. From what my failure of a memory recalls, the short series chronicles the adventures of alien-lizard time travelers who got stuck in the Old West and became gunslingers. Or something close to that. I've been told that the Interplanetary Lizards of the Texas Plains may become an X-Box live arcade game. The news brought the comic back into the picture.

So, Protoclown, assuming you are reading this and haven't already found these comics, would you be interested in having me try to track down copies and send them to you? Also, has anyone else happened to have heard of or read the lizards?

I recall loving them when I first read them about nine or so years ago but that may simply be due to a bias from having a family member on the project. Reading them again now would be a pleasure.
Forum Virgin
Montclaire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfr5 View Post
I've been told that the Interplanetary Lizards of the Texas Plains may become an X-Box live arcade game. The news brought the comic back into the picture.
Where did you hear that? Any links you could post reporting such news? I'll have to dig out my old Lizards comics now that you've mentioned them. Lizards was all set to go big-time; there was a planned saturday morning cartoon, a SEGA game, all these things were set to happen and really put Lizards front and center. Unfortunately, the company putting all of this together had invested heavily into some sort of anime or pokimon type project, which bombed horribly, and that was it for Lizards. I want to say this was more than 9 years ago, maybe even 13-15. Often noted as a copy of TMNT, Lizards was it's own thing, and I think it would have done very well. The artwork was always top notch.