Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 03:09 AM        Weekly Game Review: Dead Space
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Dead Space.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 05:05 AM       
I really like Dead Space. It doesnīt do try to do that many things, but those are almost perfect. Gets bonus points for being a GOOD EA-Game. A really enjoyable and excellent game well worth itīs money.
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 01:39 PM       
I've been wanting to play this for ages, so naturally my 360 red-rings before I can get it (naturally >_>). Still, should be a good way to welcome it back once it gets fixed.

Also (and it seems I'm in the minority here), I loved the animated prequel movie for it. Sure, it was packed to the gills with cliches, but I loves me some gore, and it had that in spades.
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM       
Great game. Probably the best sound, lighting, and overall ambience I've ever seen in a game. The real scares aren't in the "OHSHIT!" moments in the game (i.e. shit jumping out at you), but rather in the "Ohhh, shiiiiiiiiiiiiit..." times where you're sure that you're being stalked (which is almost always).

Story could have been better, and plot is kind of annoying after a while. ("Hey, Isaac, thanks for fighting your way through hordes of monsters and fixing that thing , but something else is broken and we're all gonna die if you don't go and fix that. We're just gonna hide in the room and yell at you to hurry up.") But it's still entertaining and keeps the wheels moving.

Combat is just fun. Systematic fighting is a welcome alternative to the usual "shoot them in the head to do more damage" mechanic of almost every other shooter, and shooting off limbs makes more sense than, say, RE4's Ganado-killing technique (shoot them in the head, kick them in the face, then stab them until they stop moving).

Best game I've played in 2008. So far.
Forum Virgin
Huh!? is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM       
Great freakin' game. It's kind of a shame it came out at the same time as the likes of Gears of War 2, Rock Band 2, and Guitar Hero: World Tour, because I feel like it's going to get sort of overlooked. Roggs is right about the "fix everything yourself while we hide" aspect getting old fast, but as he also points out it doesn't really keep the game from being fun. Supposedly EA's already greenlit a sequel.
Man Next Door
HappyHamster is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 03:27 AM       
What? I honestly don't think you should worry about this game being 'overlooked', especially not because of Guitar Hero: World Tour and (god forbid) Rock Band 2. Trust me, this game will be anything but overlooked.
Besides, I'd rather this game -didn't- get the attention from a certain set of gamers... I'd hate to see some sort of bastard version out there. Lucky Star meats BioShock...joyus days ahead~! I've already had enough "Why would you do that?? D:" experiences with a few games out there, I don't want to see anymore...

I apologize for my little "rant".
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM       
What surprised me the most is that we didn't hear any Scientologists complaining about the similarities between themselves and the Unitologists in the game.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM       
maybe they don't play video/computer games, i don't remember a lot of stink about the Hubologists in fallout 2 either
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM       
"What surprised me the most is that we didn't hear any Scientologists complaining about the similarities between themselves and the Unitologists in the game."

Yet.

It took Fox News a few months to launch their bullshit tirades against Mass Effect, so it could take a while for the Scientology vocal and elite to start a stink over it. But hey, you probably have to be pretty thick-skinned to be a Scientologist in the first place. Goes well with the thick head.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 06:46 PM       
I bought this the week it came out, and I still have not found the time to play it. I should get working on that.