Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:58 PM       
And so ends another thrilling chapter in I-Mockery history.

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 02:08 AM       
video games are a stupid waste of money in the first place, getting UPPITY about them is really pointless
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 03:53 AM       
Nah, Videogames are the shield that protects you from the goddamn boring world out there
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
I am not kidding about the ability to use A LOT OF THINGS YOU BOUGHT in your HOUSE on the PS3 instead of buying some piece of shit white plastic microphone or harddrive you can only use on the 360.
The browser is also great for watching Hulu and Youtube on your TV, yes you can use a ton of different things to do that but its built into the ps3, and it's not free on the wii anymore.
Also, controllers with built in rechargable batteries, you know for those people that dont really want to buy batteries or rechargable ones at that.
In my opinion this is fanboyism, plane and simple. Your are tooting the PS3 horne while talking shit about the xbox. If you like the PS3 thats fine. If you want to tell people how you think its awesome thats fine too. If the only way you can say good things about the PS3 is to talk shit about the xbox... well thats fanboyism. If you are a PS3 fanboy hell that is fine too. But dont stand there going on and on about how your not or cry when people defend the xbox your talking shit about. I have an xbox and I take good care of it. I did get a red ring problem but Microsoft owned up to the problem and fixed it on their dime, I didnt even have to pay for shipping. That says a lot about a company.

Last edited by Dimnos : Apr 1st, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
In my opinion this is fanboyism, plane and simple. Your are tooting the PS3 horne while talking shit about the xbox. If you like the PS3 thats fine. If you want to tell people how you think its awesome thats fine too. If the only way you can say good things about the PS3 is to talk shit about the xbox... well thats fanboyism. If you are a PS3 fanboy hell that is fine too. But dont stand there going on and on about how your not or cry when people defend the xbox your talking shit about. I have an xbox and I take good care of it. I did get a red ring problem but Microsoft owned up to the problem and fixed it on their dime, I didnt even have to pay for shipping. That says a lot about a company.
No, it says that they have a shoddily made piece of hardware and that they want to cover their asses from a lawsuit.

And i don't think i made the ps3 look better by talking truth about the 360, just comparing
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 04:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
And i don't think i made the ps3 look better
So you know you made it look worse?

Glad to see we're on the same page here :D

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 04:40 PM       
Micro, I'm sure if you sent a transcript of your posts (and some of our replies) from this thread to Sony, they'd see what a great asset you are to their further advancement in the field of gaming and would undoubtedly send you some free stuff. Stuff that you can use on your amazing console.

The unfortunate side-effect of this would be that you'd be so pre-occupied with your new, awesome Sony merch that you'd have less time to post here.

Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 09:57 PM       
Just admit the 10 year life cycle! That's longer than some species live!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM       
And so, with his retinue of talking points all but exhausted, Mircoshock was forced to liken his console to animals in the wild.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:02 AM       
Guys did you know that both of those consoles are really bad
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:18 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Guys did you know that both of those consoles are really bad
You see, Micro? This is what you've become.

The Wolf
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:24 AM       
Really. I didn't think this forum would ever produce someone else who's opinion means so little.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM       
Whatever, fags, enjoy your Personal Computers that actually are poop with no mouses!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:37 AM       
That explode!
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 02:58 AM       
Hey, i forgot about Guitar Woman!! :0 YOU TELL EM BABY.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 09:52 PM       
Currently this is the best thread I-Mockery has to offer.
The Wolf
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM       
Today, I hooked my laptop up to my xbox and uploaded pictures. Can your PS3 do that, micro?

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
We should argue about this in the "argue about videogames" thread :D
FFXII has the least amount of characterization. The story was garbage. I liked the fact that it took place in Ivalice but the majority of games that take place in Ivalice were bad.

Good ones:
1) FF Tactics
2) Vagrant Story

Bad ones:
1) FFXII
2) FF Tactics Advance
3) FFXII part two...the one for ds.

FF9 was really awesome. Only horrible part was the end boss.

For FFXII I really enjoyed the first 30 hours of it because I played it like it was FFXI. I solo'd till I got till level 25....then I got my second character.....the blond girl.

FFXII was just so bland. I would like to try the international zodiac edition because it looked like they actually individualized each char.
The Wolf
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 03:06 AM       
I didn't think it was possible for anyone to actively dislike FF7 unless they were pulling guitar woman shit where they just try to go against the grain.

I don't think it's the best game ever, nor would I even include it in my top 10, but it's still a solid entry in the series and definitely one of the best on the PSX.

Fuck, can't people like games anymore without there being douchebags from one extreme or the other coming in and either hating it or microshocking the fuck out of it?

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 04:56 AM       
ff7 was pretty fun the first time i played it but i can't imagine wanting to play it again

EDIT: ff8 on the other hand was a godawful nightmare
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
FFXII has the least amount of characterization. The story was garbage. I liked the fact that it took place in Ivalice but the majority of games that take place in Ivalice were bad.

Good ones:
1) FF Tactics
2) Vagrant Story

Bad ones:
1) FFXII
2) FF Tactics Advance

FF9 was really awesome. Only horrible part was the end boss.

For FFXII I really enjoyed the first 30 hours of it because I played it like it was FFXI. I solo'd till I got till level 25....then I got my second character.....the blond girl.

FFXII was just so bland. I would like to try the international zodiac edition because it looked like they actually individualized each char.
My main gripe with 12 was the fact that there was no fantasy in the game (for a FF-Game). "There´s these bad guys here and the have these...you know...ships and stuff and they wage war and all that jazz". So? Where are the fucking demons? Where´s the suspense? Okay, it had a Dragon, I´ll give it that. Oh and the main character, that little halfnude bastard Vaan...I HATE that kid, honestly. Worst main character in a RPG ever.

I actually liked FF Tactics Advance 1 and 2, but not because of the story, I just love the job-system. FF9 on the other hand...IS good, I know that, but it´s not fun for me. I try to play through it for 10 years now but I always cancel the whole thing after about 10-15 hours (maybe because it runs 20% slower here, curse you, old PAL games!)

Oh and I actually liked FF8. Weak story, sure, but you got freaking powerful after a while, that makes up for any weak story.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 07:38 AM       
Quote:
I didn't think it was possible for anyone to actively dislike FF7 unless they were pulling guitar woman shit where they just try to go against the grain.
I played it sometime in 2002 for the first time when I borrowed it from a friend. Never got past the first disk. Story was okay, but the combat was slow, and random encounters felt too frequent. Once I left Midgar, it just wasn't interesting anymore; the game's introduction was really gripping, but got less and less interested as the story started to slow down.

Compared to Chrono Trigger, an SNES game, FF7 felt dated as fuck. Why would I want random encounters, slow battles, overly long attack animations, and ugly Popeye graphics when Chrono Trigger has none of that? Sure, the graphics complaint is a bit unfair, but still...

To be fair, I really wanted to like it, because zomg it's FF7, but it didn't jive well with me. Don't get me wrong, though; I see why people make a big deal over it, and I'm not saying people aren't allowed to like it or some shit; I just think that, as a game, it's not very good, even for the time it was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post

Good ones:
1) FF Tactics
2) Vagrant Story

Bad ones:
1) FFXII
2) FF Tactics Advance
I liked the political story, and I liked that the leading female and the leading male were already taken, meaning they weren't going to fall in love with each other at the credits. Basch and Noah/Gabranth's relationship was interesting, particularly at the very end, and Balthier was one smooth motherfucker. Larsa was surprisingly awesome too; I was certain that he'd double cross my party, because he seemed shifty at the start, but he ended up being pretty damn cool. And totally loaded with X-Potions :D

Also, a lot of people really dig Tactics Advance. It sold a lot of copies and has a really strong following. Meanwhile, I'd argue that the original Tactics is pretty flawed; I can't see precisely where I place my units or who I'm fighting, so it comes down to luck at the very start. The story requires sparknotes, and the Calculator or whatever is so fucking broken. Tactics A2, while having the worst characters and story in the history of strategy RPGs, had some deep gameplay and the job system was pretty damn addicting.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Apr 3rd, 2009 at 08:34 AM.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM       
I really reccomend you getting past disc of FF7. I've played through it at least 4 times. It's not the end all be all game it's really solid. I hated FF8 the first time through but began to appreciate it after playing through it a few more times.

Same thing the first time I played FF tactics. I rented it, didn't come with instructions and died really quick because I didn't know what I was doing. After MUCH MUCH MUCH insisting by my friend to pick it up again and try I did. He showed me some pointers and I'm really appreciative of the fact that I was fortunate enough to get back into it. FF tactics blew my mind. It took a little whilte to follow the story but it's still really good. FF tactics advance was fun to play for a while, I liked the Vierra more than the other classes because it seemed they could get the best jobs. storywise though was a crock. I didn't even bother with FFTA2 so I can't comment on it.

FF6 is by far the best in my opinion.

I've been playing FFXI on and off again since 2004 and it has a special place in my heart for wasting the most time on a single game.
OH GOD
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Oh and I actually liked FF8. Weak story, sure, but you got freaking powerful after a while, that makes up for any weak story.
but... but the bad guys level up as you do, so getting more powerful doesn't make a shit of difference
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I pretty much hate it to be honest. I just don't care for that kind of thing. The art style, the story, the characters - it just makes me think "Mehh fuck this". The Japanese-ness of it is the main problem for me. Damn Japanese.