Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 04:31 PM       
I dunno. I saw some of the gameplay and it appealed to me, just because I love Prince Of Persia style games.

I liked the first Condemned a lot more than the second one. Probably because the cop from Heroes played the main character.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 05:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
Your only problem is XP. The memory management is horrid and it's slow and resource intensive. If you can, upgrade to Windows 7, it's a lot better. My specs are pretty similar to yours, except that I have a 9800GTX (and it sucks ass). A lot of the games that I had issues with were less problematic after I upgraded to 7.
The thing is that if I upgrade to 7, I'll have a tougher time getting older games, like the ones from GoG, to work. On the other hand, I get to play K&L2 and Just Cause 2. I've already played the shit out of JC2 on 360, and I can't say I'm willing to shell out the time and money to upgrade just so I can play a couple games I'm already over.

And I'm not excited about Enslaved. People were fawning over how incredible it is that they're doing a futuristic take on an old story, but no one seems to remember the last time they did this very thing. It was called Too Human, and it was terrible.

With More Yes Than Ever
Old Sep 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM       
lol, Too Human was a fucking travesty. If you can, dual boot XP and 7 so you get the best of both worlds. I didn't know that anyone else here used GoG, they don't garner all that much news.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 12:46 AM       
for a while i was playing old games by using VMWARE on my windows 7 machine :O unfortunately it doesn't have good video drivers
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 03:46 AM       
Too human was pretty nasty indeed. Interestingly there´s a fucking cult-following in the german forum I´m in, don´t know what their deal is, but these guys sank hundreds of hours into that game.
And Too Human kinda reminded me of Hellgate London and to this day that is the only game that I literally snapped in half and threw in the trash.

Anyway I´d really like to buy birth by sleep...but there´s no fucking money left cause the state acts like a fucking...errr well, state and my payments are held up...I still got till january before I´m officially totally fucked but until then they better fucking pay me my normal...whatever "unemployment-payment" is called in the US. What the hell do I live in a social state for anyway...
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM       
I remember seeing Hellgate: London and thinking "WOW, this game will be awesome when it comes out." Two weeks after it came out, the developer pretty much dropped support and that game was left a complete and utter turd. The only game more disappointing was Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust. I cried after I bought that one lol.

The unemployment is getting sketchy in America too. Multiple people I know haven't been getting their payments.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM       
Yeah, I too still remeber how excited I was for Hellgate...I thought "man, this might be the next Diablo for a while, it might really rock if they play their cards right"...but we all know what happened...goddamn mess it was, it ran like shit on most machines, it crashed on Vista...heh, a friend of mine never de-installed it up to this day because he fears the game might take the PC with it when it goes :D

Concerning jobs...all I want is the job that was promised to me but the guys had to postpone their...their...aw fucking business-english...their IPO, that´s it. Once that´s settled, I got a nice job that pays well. Until then it´s daily prayers towards the not-so-empty void beyond the stars

Oh and I played the Phantasy Star Portable 2 Demo this afternoon and hell, am I gonna buy that thing later next week. Thank the gods for the american PSN...
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM       
I've been playing Duke Nukem 3D out of an odd sense of nostalgia and a pretty badass take on Super Mario called Super Mario Bros Crossover.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 09:08 PM       
Super Mario Crossover rules. That was a well-crafted game right there.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM       
I've started playing Metroid Other M. I've only been about 20 minutes in so I can't really comment.
Although to explain their way out of using weapons (ie power ups) that you start with it's literally "Samus decides not to use ____ until _____ says its ok"

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM       
Playing Dj Hero fucking awesome. Didn't know the red-headed stepchild of the music game genre was so fun.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 09:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
"Samus decides not to use ____ until _____ says its ok"
i was wondering about that. I understand that she dosen't use destructive powers but why does she decides not to use her armor defensive capabilities?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2010, 10:55 PM       
Because the Federation showed up first and Adam (the CO from Fusion and the comics) tells her she's only allowed on the premises if she cooperates since she wasn't officially assigned to it and just kinda showed up on her own.

And because Adam's a dick who makes you run through three lava rooms before saying "sure go ahead and turn on the heat protection suit now." Probably gets off on being a controlling bastard.

drifting in the void
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 08:26 AM       
Since when does Samus care about what the federation says? Isn´t she a fucking freelance bounty hunter? I´ve already heard Spoony´s ramblings about Other M and it sounded really REALLY horrible what they´ve done with Samus...
Ah well, couldn´t play it anyway. At least I was able to reorder Reach and Dead Rising 2...hopefully Reach will be here on wednesday, I´d really like to play that thing...and thankfully not as that stupid green Spartan...
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Playing Dj Hero fucking awesome. Didn't know the red-headed stepchild of the music game genre was so fun.
favourite track?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM       
I love Dizzee Rascal and Justice, so Fix Up, Look Sharp vs. Genesis is a very fun one.

Funny thing is, I've heard some artists and DJs mash those two up way before the game. good fun, though. They do a good job with the music and make you feel really badass when you do stuff right. The controller's kinda fucked, though.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 02:26 PM       
Ox, you can make your spartan green lol.
drifting in the void
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
Ox, you can make your spartan green lol.
I know :P But mine wonīt be green...I guess, heīll be white...doesnīt matter in multiplayer anyway Iīm just happy that it isnīt the Master Chief, that guy has about as much character as a candle made of tapir-puke.

Finished Yakuza 3. One of the best games I played this year, no doubt. I love how the game handles New Game+... Now I gotta keep myself busy till Tuesday when PS Portable 2 comes out (hopefully) and on wednesday itīs time for Reach...well...for 8 hours at least. Short SP-Modes ftl...
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 06:09 PM       
i just got a call from blockbuster informing me of the midnight sale of reach i'm gonna be a very very bright look at me kind of spartan online lol

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 07:39 PM       
Working on my second playthru of Gladius. I really like this game. I'm also doing some novelty stuff on Def Jam: Fight for New York. For example, I made a fairly decent Captain S.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 07:51 PM       
Trying (and failing) to beat Decap Attack. Great music in this game.
has a woody
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 03:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Since when does Samus care about what the federation says? Isnīt she a fucking freelance bounty hunter? Iīve already heard Spoonyīs ramblings about Other M and it sounded really REALLY horrible what theyīve done with Samus...
It's their jurisdiction, and the Federation signs her checks. They've always employed her.

drifting in the void
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 04:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
It's their jurisdiction, and the Federation signs her checks. They've always employed her.
Hm, maybe she should just refrain from working with them while they sit on her shoulder all the time. It just sounds and feels wrong to me. Samus getīs things done her way not someone elses, thatīs how itīs always been. Sure, sheīs clumsy as shit and loses all her kickass gear all the time but apart from that she was pretty good on her own.

That and it doesnīt make one lick of sense. If she has powerful weapons, let her use them and the mission will be over faster with less casualties. Itīs a big difference if she just doesnīt have the plasmabeam or someone tells her itīs not cool to use it right now.

You know what? Fuck the federation, Iīm going to sign a contract with those stupid space pirates! Maybe bribe Motherbrain with cake or something :D
has a woody
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM       
The Federation hired her for just about every Metroid game though :V

Hell! I bet that's how she always loses her gear all these years! They probably confiscate it! It's just that this time they didn't because she was never officially hired.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 02:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdancer21b View Post
Working on my second playthru of Gladius. I really like this game. I'm also doing some novelty stuff on Def Jam: Fight for New York. For example, I made a fairly decent Captain S.
Fight for New York is awesome. So much better than the new one.