Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 02:56 AM       
auto focus

crane had a fucked up life
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 11:50 AM       
lucky number slevin i love this movie

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
aint nobody

Old Jul 25th, 2011, 01:14 PM       
land before time

i couldn't sleep and that was the best thing on
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 03:52 PM       
Mystery Team

I can only sit through the first hour of this movie usually, but the first hour is funny as shit.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM       
Mystery team is hilarious. I wasn't expecting much from it so it was all the more pleasant.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM       
88 minutes was predictable and stupid. Al Pacino's worst movie that I know of.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 04:12 PM       
I hated that movie so much. Fuck Pacino, his orange hair, and his lifts.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM       
Yeah, his hair was bugging me. Like it was full of helium.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM       

It's always the lifts that ruins ya.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Is that the movie where Matt Damon is running?
I think he runs in all of his movies. Bourne supremacy, adjustment bureau, the ending of good will hunting.

I saw captain America yesterday. Surpringly entertaining. I'd rate it up there with dark Knight and iron man. But I didn't Like the way he portrayed himself as poster boy of lebron james generation during the introduction on stage.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 03:19 PM       
Saw captain america yesterday. it was far better than i expected.
excellent.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
Saw captain america yesterday. it was far better than i expected.
excellent.
I had lower expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. I thought it was a bit too long than it probably should of been but wasn't terrible so that was good.
aint nobody

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 05:31 AM       
batteries not included
return to oz

i can't sleep and i'm bored so i watched them
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM       
La Faute à Fidel (Blame it on Fidel).

I read reviews that this was a really charming coming-of-age movie, but it was really sad and depressing and slow. It's about as cheery as Mouchette, which ends with

Spoilers!

Blame it on Fidel is about this little French girl who comes from a wealthy but not necessarily happy family. While she's attending her aunt and uncle's wedding at her wealthy grandparents' vineyard, she becomes aware that her dad's sister is there with her daughter, Pilar. They're refugees from Franco's Spain, and their arrival in France is a sort of catalyst for her parents going completely politically flaky.

Most of the early movie is about the girl's (Anna's) privileged life...convent schools, huge house, vacations in the country, swim meets, and so on. But as her dad and mom become "inspired" to be social activists, her childhood as she knew it gradually disappears. The parents, giving not a single shit about how it'll affect their kids' happiness or stability, decide suddenly to become communists, run off to Chile, trade the big house for a cramped apartment filled with "revolutionaries", and so on. The mother, who had a cushy writing job with Marie-Claire, decides to randomly and fervently adopt feminist causes instead. The kids are just kind of lost in all of this. They never know who they'll meet coming home from school, because their parents ditched the nanny they grew up with in favor of various refugee women.

Soon, the poor kids are so confused they don't know what's right anymore. Their grandparents are strict, moneyed Catholics and represent the comfort the children are used to; the parents are fickle and sort of fashionably Communist and get pissed if the kids don't jump on all the arbitrary bandwagons they do. At one point, they actually drag the little girl to a protest march, not seeming to care when she gets tear-gassed and lost.

The girl gets in some good observations, asking them if they really understand the difference between "group solidarity" and "sheep-thinking". She appears scowling and thoughtful throughout the movie, like she's trying to assemble some sort of belief system from all the crap that's being thrown at her.

I'm not exactly sure what point the director was wanting to make, so I took from it that her parents' fickleness and unreliability, combined with what she absorbed and observed, made her a stronger and smarter kid.

By the end of the movie I really hated her parents, but she seemed to grow to accept them.

One of the sadder parts for me was the repetition of scenes where kids wanted to "Sunday" (sort of a French family thing where the entire family hangs out together, it's called "Sundaying") and the parents eventually just blew them off altogether with some sort of crap about bourgeois yadda yadda.

Depressing movie.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jul 27th, 2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: clarifying
aint nobody

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM       
south park bigger, longer and uncut

love this movie to bits
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 10:55 PM       
Watched Young Guns for the 12th time.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:59 AM       
Dinner for Schmucks was really funny.

Halway through watching iron man 2.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:19 AM       
re-watched mr vampire

because mr vampire is great
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:28 AM       
Red Riding Hood

It was alright I guess. Better than I expected. IDK what to say about it really. Worth watching on a calm day, not much action.
aint nobody

Old Jul 30th, 2011, 12:44 AM       
the dead zone and the american

both very good and the latter is criminally underrated (at least i think so)
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM       
Party Monster. Great movie overall, although I saw a couple of things yoinked from other places that could easily have just been the "New York in the 70s-80s" thing talking.

Loved Seth Green. Marilyn Manson was so good as a scene tranny that I thought he was one, like Candy Darling or something.

Could not freaking stand Macaulay Culkin.
aint nobody

Old Jul 31st, 2011, 12:17 AM       
the town

eh, it was ok but got bored watching it
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 02:10 AM       
Battle : Los Angeles was predictable and there is no way Marines would walk around in the open and talk so much chit chat during an alien attack.