Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 08:32 PM        HEY GUYS
have you ever read a webcomic

like an entire webcomic

and then when you finish, the ending is a downer/sucks and is completely out of left field

and then you're all depressed and you don't know why

cause wendy just did that to me ;<
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM       
although i will say that cutewendy had a satisfactory ending!
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 09:52 PM       
webcomics have endings? i thought they just went on and on forever like a kid with ADHD (or whatever it's called these days) telling someone how his day went. :/
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 10:01 PM       

i mean, really.
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:43 AM       
You mean, when you read the first, all the way to the latest, and you can't wait for the new one, so you get all bummed because there wasn't enough entries?
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:12 AM       
I think he meant like a webcomic which isn't updated anymore.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
was never good
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:39 AM       
no, a lot of plot-driven comics have an actual ending. Sometimes it's because the author got bored or didn't have time to continue working on it, but usually it's something that the whole comic was steering at from the beginning. Like Queen of Wands, for example.

Most webcomics actually aren't one-shot gag strips like penny arcade or vgcats, the latter of which is the posterchild for ADHD-afflicted nerd humor. Most webcomics are also nothing short of fucking terrible, but when I get hooked on a plot comic I tend to obsess and sit there until I read all of its 200-600 strips.

I'd never actually caught such a comic while it was running until recently, but now I read Girly with FREQUENCY. It's a plot comic that is largely cute and not too serious and is the sequel to cutewendy, which is the comic that spawned off of wendy which is the comic i started this thread about ok

I don't want to hear about how lame/gay/actually gay the comic is, I just thought I'd link it since someone would ask because their copy of google had overheated or something
was never good
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:40 AM       
oh by the way guys i checked out garfield online last night as a joke and found out that they have an actual running plot going and the comic was kinda funny and I just don't know what to think about anything anymore :<
Banned

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:45 AM       
I used to read CTRL+ ALT + DELETE, until I forgot the url to it.

Anyways, it was a good, plot driven comic.

I wish I knew the address, though
was never good
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:50 AM       
yeah, if only there were a way to like, search for something on the internet - Like, maybe a big database of websites, and you could put in keywords and it'd search its databse for matches. Why, such a thing would be like the engine of the internet. A search engine, I dare say.

Someone should make one of those.
Banned

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:59 AM       
CTRL + ALT + DELETE is too generalized. It'll just come up with " Using Sneakykeys" and stuff like that
was never good
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:11 PM       
ctrl alt delete comic

into google

and

MY GAWD

FIRST RESULT

WHO WOULD HAVE THOGHTU ASJHVBAEYBFYEWf
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:47 PM       
sometimes the end of achewood story arcs does that to me
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 03:06 PM       
Nice Pete's storyline was the best one.

Cartilage-Head was the worst.
Banned

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 05:57 PM       
I liked the Great Outdoor Fight

3 Nights, 3,000 Men, 3,000 Acres
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 10:27 AM       
Did Boston & Shaun have an actual ending or was the last strip just more stuff about gay dragons talking crazy shit?

I don't wanna ever see that comic again, so im not going to check it out myself.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 06:25 PM       
I still reread achewood story arches when i cant wait for the new story to finish