Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 02:35 PM        Question about flying in/out of the US
I have a connecting flight in Chicago next month and it just occurred to me how much it's going to suck. With all of the insane security measures in place in the states now, I'm not exactly looking forward to this as everyone tells me that US airport security are notoriously rude and anal these days. Anyway, I keep hearing conflicitng stories about what is and is not allowed on flights entering and leaving the US. Does anybody here know for sure? Are mp3 players allowed? Drinks? Matches or a lighter? Cigarettes? Can I wear a digial watch?
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM       
I saw a picture of a garbage can full of bottled water in an article once
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 03:38 PM       
Don't bring your breastmilk already pumped or they'll make you drink it from what I hear!

Oh, and don't bring your $150 perfume either!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 04:23 PM       
Last I heard, no deoderant, no liquids at all, no mp3 players/GBAs etc.

NO LIGHTERS.

Those may have been temporary measures after the last terror-induced panic attack, but I'm not sure they're still in effect.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 05:46 PM       
It's not as bad as everybody makes it out to be, but I haven't flown in a year so
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM       
The flight I'm connecting on is gonna very long. If I can't bring music it's gonna be brutal. Now I understand why the travel agent said "Do you mind connecting flights in the US? If not it's a lot cheaper!"

snowwhite is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 09:24 PM       
if you go to www.tsa.gov it should have a list somewhere of what you're allowed to bring.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM       
The last time I flew overseas was when I came back from Germany eight years ago on a U.S. Army cargo plane. I'm sure things have changed. I don't know much about how foreigners to the U.S. are treated, but if it's anything like flying around the U.S. only, you should be waiting a while in line. It's not too bad. But even in the U.S., the last time I flew was last December. I can't imagine much has changed, but you never know.

They didn't do much in relation to my carry on junk, I had a laptop and laptop case and a duffel bag. I was alright, I guess.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 12:55 AM       
coming back from europe in march, my friend and i connected through the states, and he had his ipod with him the whole time without issue
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 05:54 AM       
I flew into several airports in the US a few weeks back and I had my discman (yeah, i'm too cheap for an mp3 player) and I had no problems. Just don't bring any liquids, lighters and matches, and you'll be fine. You can bring drinks onto the plane, but only ones that you buy at the airport from a resteraunt or soda machine.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2006, 07:01 AM       
My sister flies basically on a monthly basis, and as far as I know she's never had any problems bringing her laptop aboard. If that's allowed, I see no reason to forbid any other music players.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT