Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 08:39 PM       
Does it give you an error, or what?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 08:42 PM       
No, the game's just too chopy and laggy and it takes 30 seconds to do anything.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 07:20 AM       
Did you turn everything to the minimums? ;0

What are your system specifications? ;i

How do you even run anything on a machine that can't run this? ;M
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 06:53 PM       
Pentium 3, 500 MHZ processor, 8 MB graphics card, 290 MB of RAM, and all the game specs set to minimum. ;_;
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 07:35 PM       
The graphics card is your biggest hangup here (although a processor that slow is abysmally bad as well, not having a passable video card is dumping the workload onto said shitty processor). Get a Radeon 9600 SE for $70 (if you have AGP). Also, you can upgrade to a better processor in the Pentium III line for well under $100.

Radeon 9600 SE ($70, AGP): http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/simp...8508&ad=pwatch

Pentium III 866 mhz CPU ($25): http://www.starmicro.net/detail.aspx?ID=91

You'll need an AGP slot for the Radeon, and I'd double-check with AChimp to see if you can install that CPU; Your motherboard might have certain limitations. Since your computer is old enough to possibly not have an AGP slot, here's a PCI radeon:

Radeon 9250 SE ($49.50, PCI): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TT=Video+Cards

PCI doesn't run as fast as AGP, but it's a start.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM       
Chuck the lot and start again. You could get a much more powerful computer for around £350-400 (not including monitor, CDROM, Case and all the useable stuff like that .).

Heck even getting an old socket A motherboard, 1Ghz Duron, 256mb of PC2100 ram and a GF4MX440 would be a start.
was never good
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM       
It would, but most of us don't like spending 4 times what any gaming console would cost. Whereas my way, she spends closer to $70.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 07:50 PM       
But your way sucks because something else will bottleneck the whole system anyway.

It might be worth getting an AGP card as that could be transferred into a new system but old P3 systems often are missing an AGP slot.
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 04:56 AM       
I bought my computer from an ALDI supermarket. ;0
was never good
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 07:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
But your way sucks because something else will bottleneck the whole system anyway.

It might be worth getting an AGP card as that could be transferred into a new system but old P3 systems often are missing an AGP slot.
Which is why I suggested a processor upgrade and a PCI card. Are you retarded or something?
was never good
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 07:40 AM       
All right, so that was a successful night. Helm and I made it to Yak's Bend.

But along the way, we picked up some Canadian anime-obsessed water Elementalist. Going into the mission, I made some comment about not touching the lever that opens the gates and brings DEATH TO ALL and he called me a 'baka'. His nickname from that point on was 'anime' and Helm and I asked him if, by any chance, he fenced. At one point, I was forced to calm down a heated situation with the phrase, "Blow me, sailor moon." After the mission, he left the group and wandered around town, so we followed him around and generally just hung out, asking questions like "So, what's in the storage box?" "Getting anything good?" "Oh yeah, I got some great shit from this guy." "Oh man, you're not gonna take that from him, are you?" and "Did you ever think Goku was hot when his hair turned yellow and he got all muscley? Cause I didn't. I'm just asking."

But then he made the mistake of advancing threateningly at Helm, who responded the only way Greeks know how.

Notice how hard he's trying to not make eye contact. Farewell, our Canadian anime-obsessed bigoted brilliant engineer. You will never be forgotten.

ON TO TOWN.

WELCOME TO YAK'S BEND, JEANETTE X!

No one is sure how Yak's Bend got its name, though local speculation is that it was the location at which Prince Rurik bent a Yak. But I'm pretty sure that's just a rumor, because let me tell you, these fuckers have spines of IRON.

Helm left and I hooked up with one of my friends I met through the game. NAOKI FABULOUS.

Some of the greater lessons in life are best learned the hard way. Naoki isn't in either of those pictures, but I figured I'd mention it. Y'know, for context.

By the way, eggyolk is a tremendous faggot for leaving the guild and will be banned shortly for it. THAT IS ALL.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 09:27 AM       
Oh man, I was hoping I would be able to join you guys yesterday, but the mission I was doing took twice as long as planned and just took the wind out of me so, I had to call it quits. Me and another guy were doing the Rurik quest, and somehow a dumb AND French guy came with us. He had no comprehension of the English language, and I don't know how many times we would be yelling "DUDE, DON'T GO ANOTHER FUCKING STEP, IF YOU CHARGE DOWN THERE RURIK WILL BE KILLED" before he would get the general idea. He'd run five steps, stop, listen to our protests, run five more steps, see how we reacted, run five more steps and so on. He was like a damn dog who knew he was misbehaving, but just couldn't help himself running over to the big dirty puddle. A dog who could write "ith dowen her, non bonus."

Also, in the following cutscene, a charr somehow made it through the gate and was pummeling my backside all the way through Rurik's speech.

That dance taunt picture is great.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 10:29 AM       
well its like this guys, we had a few good times but after a while our friendship starts to break down and we fall apart.
was never good
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 12:44 PM       
it's because you're not a VET. BANNED.
was never good
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 12:55 PM       

CONDESCENSION CENTRAL. PFAH, PFAH. I AM SAD.

FANCY YOU A BRISK JOG THROUGH THE ALPS?

CAPTAIN SUICIDE'S LAST GREAT CAPER :<

[VETS] REACH GREENER PASTURES. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE.
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 02:19 PM       

Practicing my brooding.
Mocker
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 04:37 PM       
Wahoo, caught up with you guys.

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 04:49 PM       
Now that's an album I'd like to own.
was never good
Old Jun 15th, 2005, 10:31 PM       
Pjalne, I keep missing you by like 30 minutes. What the hell, man. WHAT THE HELL.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 12:49 AM       
So they made a free version of Everquest? How original.
was never good
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 12:53 AM       
OH GOD, OH GOD DISSENTER, OUT OF MY THREAD, JESUS GET A LIFE GOD YOU HEAR THIS GUYS WE HAVE SOMEONE MAKING FUN OF SOMETHING IN HERE GO TO BRAWL HALL AM I RIGHT WHAT THE FUCK

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 01:02 AM       
Mocker
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 02:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Pjalne, I keep missing you by like 30 minutes. What the hell, man. WHAT THE HELL.
Same here. Every time I log on, you and Helm split like ten minutes ago. We are like the sun and the moon, starcrossed lovers who chase each other endlessly across the sky but will never meet ;_;
was never good
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM       
JIN* X CHOJIN SLASH (NON-)FICTION:

Again we meet here, in private. In secret. Our erstwhile lives of nobility and honor reduced to a cloak-and-dagger rendezvous at the twilight hour!

How shameful it is! I can feel the steely gaze of my father upon us as we join our hands in union!

Nay - We shall not give the fires that burn within our souls another moment's respite.

This electricity! Be it manifest or the cantrips of a sage? Nay! The conjurations of a thousand sorcerors are an ill match for the potency of this exchange!

The shame! It doth overwhelm me! To have stolen a kiss from one as fair as thee!

Nay, it is I who is unworthy! Fearing the will of our forebears, skulking from my home, fearing dishonor!

From this moment forward, our union shall be spread henceforth throughout the land!

And I propose a method of consecrating this most auspicious of occasions!

My word - Its slender form rivals of beauty of the finest Idol to Balthazar! It does leap at my touch, standing to attention as the proudest knight of Ascalon before its king! Pure as driven snow-

I don't mean to cut you off, but can we fuck yet?

Yeah, sure.

Great.

------------------------------------------------
BROUGHT TO YOU BY LITEROTICA.COM
------------------------------------------------

IN OTHER NEWS:

THE CARIBBEAN!

ISLAND OF PARADISE.

We are the creepiest band of mofos this side of Fort Ranik.

And we consort with all sorts of ILL FELLOWS.

You have got to be shitting me. For a post-op, these feel remarkably real.

Poor Josephine.

OUR JOURNEY INTO FOREVER*

And yes, I work out.
Mocker
Old Jun 16th, 2005, 03:04 PM       
I doublecame.