Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM       
Cartoon Wars I & II. 10x03 and 10x04.

I enjoyed the episode but was expecting a bit more. I like how they made fun of themselves a couple times too.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 02:22 PM       
Family Guy is funny in the same way that a crude flash website can be funny. Noone watches Family Guy expecting to see a "good show". If you want good cartoon humor your only real options are Futurama and SP. Family Guy's random interchangeable jokes are funny sometimes. I haven't been watching the new season though so I can't say anything for that.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 02:38 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Pr5zDGQcs

This was definitely the best part of last night's episode

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 03:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekarp
Think about it, would you feel guilty about watching FG were it not for these episodes?
I think so, because I've spent the past year trying to convince myself that the new Family Guys are funny. Perhaps not as funny as the originals, but close. They just aren't.

On the other hand, I'm beginning to appreciate American Dad.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
Perhaps not as funny as the originals, but close. They just aren't.
thats kinda how i feel about fg. and i like how sp made fun of its self. does anybody think that CC did edit that show? i was all "holy shit!" then rememberd i was watching sp....
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 06:04 PM       
There's no doubt in my mind that it was part of the South Park episode. Bush even explains afterwards what we missed.

I'm probably the only one that thinks this, but I'm glad South Park didn't do any "Bush is dumb" jokes in the last two episodes, since, you know, it's done every-fucking-where else anyway.

Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 06:50 PM       
It was funny when Bush and the president of FOX kept referring to eachother as "Mr. President"
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim
I'm probably the only one that thinks this, but I'm glad South Park didn't do any "Bush is dumb" jokes in the last two episodes, since, you know, it's done every-fucking-where else anyway.
i agree, its good that south park in general avoids "lol bush" jokes which makes a nice change.

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:35 PM       
Ahh but you guys seem to forget that Matt and Trey were behind a whole SHOW about Bush. That ran for, what, half a season?
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 12:04 AM       
I haven't seen south park for a really long time and I thought of it was stupid political jokes. Like I really don't see how it would be much different it Micheal Moore made a cartoon. I really really really wanted to like this episode, just because it made fun of family guy which is despise since it came back, but I can't. And just making a bunch of references about how they have become very preachy doesn't really make it any better.

The only funny part of the episode to me was the Manatee joke staff. Even at first I thought it was being just as random as it accused family guy of being, but it really could only have been manatees.

The worst episode was the smug/hybrid car one. I didn't get any of the references that they made. People in san francisco all drive hybrids? they're smug douschebags? George Clooney was smug? Everything in the whole episode was pointed political commentary and generalizations that people make about conservative
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 12:38 AM       
Honestly, that Smug episode was one of the worst I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure they took the idea "smug sounds kinda like smog" and tried to make a whole episode about it.

What's good about South Park though is that each episode only takes about a week to make, so they can hit hard on what's topical and make fun of something that no other show has a chance to do. The problem is that it's pretty much what every episode is based upon nowadays, current events. I can't remember the last time they didn't take anything out of the news to make a major storyline.

noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 01:24 AM       
There was that Christmas episode with the Satanist animals
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 03:19 AM       
Which is one of my favorites.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 04:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
Ahh but you guys seem to forget that Matt and Trey were behind a whole SHOW about Bush. That ran for, what, half a season?
Yeah but they were gonna do the show no matter who was president. And the whole point wasnt to make fun of the president. They were doing a parody of sitcoms, mostly.

I kinda hated the scene where the press were all idiots and Bush was like the only smart guy there? That scene just seemed kinda like they were in love with bush or something. I know they are republicans, but bush supporters? I don't want to see the BUSH IS DUMB stuff, but that scene I couldn't take.

I'm sure Comedy Central really didn't want them to show Muhamed, but they made a joke out of it.

Yeah the Smug episoded made me really angry. It was like all they wanted to do was make fun of liberals, even though they ultimately (and maybe begrungedly) agreed with the fact that Hybrid cars were a good thing, so they tacked on the whole thing at the end. Also I hate San Francisco pretty much for the same reaons Matt and Trey seem to, and I kinda just felt like they were being jerks kinda?? I dont know man, South Park gets on my nerves sometimes.
noob 4eva
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 12:45 PM       
i think they had another episode with Bush where he told them all about Saddam being in heaven and building weapons up there disguised as cookie factories- basically all of the stuff that happened to Saddam in SP- and everyone thought Bush was retarded, but he was right all along

Maybe they DO like Bush!
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 01:38 PM       
This show has always seemed to have a more libertarian slant to it than a republican slant.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 02:45 PM       
Although I think they usually take more of a left slant, I think for the most part they usually are balanced and take shots at both left and right-wing ideals and people.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 03:42 PM       
But it really is kinda getting tiresome. You watch the news, then on friday you wait to see what SouthPark did to make fun of it.

Just to add something the PSP/TerrySchaivo/Lord of the Rings episode was friggin amazing.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 06:37 PM       
They never said they're republican. They've said recently that it's just redundant for celebrities to push liberal ideals because it's what's expected, and they wouldn't be saying anything that isn't already thought by the rest of hollywood, in so many words. I would guess the republican slant is just a way of making fun of unexpected targets to keep the show fresh, rather than a personal belief.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 07:03 PM       
I thought it woulda been alot funnier to make one episode about how they already did show the image of mohammad and the outrage over the danish cartoons was propogated by crazy people who don't have jobs or flag sales lobbyists.

And have a seperate episode dedicated solely to bashing family guy.
noob 4eva
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 07:58 PM       
But that wouldn't go with the South Park way of mixing several different topics for an episode, such as the Terry Shiavo/PSP one, the anime/wardrobe malfunction one, or the goth kids/Hooters one.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM       
I thought that they have done a bang-up job of satirizing current events
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
I kinda hated the scene where the press were all idiots and Bush was like the only smart guy there? That scene just seemed kinda like they were in love with bush or something. I know they are republicans, but bush supporters? I don't want to see the BUSH IS DUMB stuff, but that scene I couldn't take.
They aren't Republicans. Get you hands on the season 7 DVD and listen to the commentary on the episode "Butt Out" or just dig around on Google. Trey Parker is registered member of the Libertarian Party, and Matt Stone has been quoted saying, "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."

My favorite politcal episode has to be "Douche vs. Turd". Actually, all of season 8 was awesome. Season 9 was pretty hit-or-miss, and 10's been pretty flat so far.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 02:06 PM       
Just saw the episodes. I don't have a problem with not making Bush look stupid, but making him look smarter than he does in real life is kinda gay ;<

The terrorist retaliation was pretty good :<
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 05:20 PM       
Quote:
Ambassador: This is preposterous! Even if there was a heaven, what makes you think Saddam Hussein's soul would be sent there?
George W. Bush: Our intelligence tells us that when Saddam was originally killed, his soul actually went to hell. But while in hell he began a homosexual relationship with Satan, the Prince of Darkness. Satan, however, decided he didn't want to be with Hussein anymore and broke up with him about August. When Saddam became jealous and tried to kill Satan's new lover, Chris, Satan had Saddam sent to heaven to live with Mormons as a punishment. (pause) Questions? (pause)
Another Ambassador: Are you high, or just incredibly stupid?
George W. Bush: I assure you, I am not high.