Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:52 PM        XBox 360 fail rate: 54 percent!?
http://consumerist.com/5338852/xbox-...informer-finds

Only a survey, but still a shocking notion.

I've had two different 360s crap out on me, so I can believe it. I'm hoping the one I have now remains in the other 46% for quite a while.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:05 PM       
I thought the newer ones didn't have the RROD?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:13 PM       
It's not as bad as the casualty rate of the battle fo Verdun, I wouldn't be too worried.

Having said that, I have had one break down, get repaired and then break again.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:36 PM       
I still have the one I got in November 2005 with no RROD yet. Now that I've said that, watch it crap out on me.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:02 AM       
Newer boxes dont have the RROD. They have the dreaded E74 error. Wich...................... Is just about the same damn thing.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:04 AM       
mine makes some damn weird noises. sounds like my disks are getting raped in there sometimes.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:07 AM       
Mostly mine just has trouble reading my games as games. It thinks its a DVD and if try to play them it all the sudden things its not an xbox but a DVD player and cant read the disc. After a few ejects and such they work just fine. However after this recent update most of my arcade games dont work. Castle Crashers tells me I have removed my HD or the files are corrupt. Castlevania just locks up at a black screen.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:25 AM       
I like that if the Xbox gets moved it forges perfectly circular grooves into your discs.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 03:36 AM       
i disagree, i think that is a bad thing
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 04:09 AM       
I like that the instruction manual directly forbids doing that.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 04:59 AM       
i have an elite and it's still doing ok, but i never use it
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 08:24 AM       
You're not supposed to move anything with the disc still in it, right? I always do. Apart from this laptop that's cradling precariously on my knees right now.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 08:27 AM       
I mean always don't. I turn things on, take the disc out and then move them. That's what I do.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 08:49 AM       
I can move my playstation and Wii around without them ruining the discs. :/

Also I didn't move it on purpose, you footbutts, I accidentally nudged it when I got up to take a break and the fucking thing exploded. You can avoid laser scratches if you lay it horizontally, but I have like 8 other consoles that also take up that much shelf space

asdf
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 10:26 AM       
Most cd player can be moved while running. Even an old discman didn't ruin a cd and I have heard of very few cds in cars being trashed.

Kinda weird that the 360 doesn't seem to have a decent disc lock.

Last edited by Tadao : Aug 18th, 2009 at 11:10 AM.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 10:34 AM       
Who goes around randomly re-arranging their consoles while playing them? That's Stupid, your stupid GW.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:17 PM       
If you I'm taking my PC to a friend's house for some sort of study group, or maybe even a LAN or something (although GW I know you don't go for those local connections when you can just emulate one) I take the CD out of my CD drive before I pick up the tower and throw it in the back of a car.

Walkmans I just figured people had to be extra careful when they were jogging down the road, but hey, I guess it's just me and the xbox360 that expect this :/
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:25 PM       
Yeah, I would take the cd out for transport, I've had to take the case off of a cdrom to get a jammed cd out once. Discmans and car cd players are built to expect bumps and jumps nowadays. It probably costs more to implement though, but I would assume a game console would be moved around a lot while game play is going on. I used to do it all the time because game controllers didn't reach the couch or whatever.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 01:54 PM       
The only thing that happened with mine, was that it scratched up my disks, and eventually broke. Halo 3 and Dead Rising are almost completely gone, and I can't play a few songs on Guitar Hero 3 without it crashing.
To be fair, it's my fault it overheated; I left it on to download tons of demos for something like 3 or 4 days, with little circulation.
Now, the only problems I have with it are it being fairly loud, and making my already hot room even hotter.
And yet, I still prefer it to PS3.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 08:29 PM       
It happens on the 360 because most CD players have little rubber bumpers to prevent the cd from tilting at an angle where it could scrape the edge of the laser. The 360 doesn't, for whatever reason.

Probably a short-sighted measure to cut manufacturing costs.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM       
I think they slap some in there on the new models and when they fix them, because my 360 definitely doesn't make that ominous little noise every now and then anymore. You know, that little noise you barely register at first, then realize your 360 just took a small chunk out of your brand-new disk?
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM       
So the console with the mediocre lineup, overpriced accessories, and pay to play online also has a HUGE failure rate and people still accept it?

Hmmm.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 06:48 PM       
spoilers: video games died this gen
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM       
i remember when i got my xbox 360 it had a sticker on the front of the disc drive that said, "Do not move console with disc in drive" or somethin.

Also the first 360 I got broke as soon as I updated it
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:58 PM       
Not really surprising. I don't think I've ever met a person that has owned an 360 without it dying at least once. Then again of the three people I know who have a PS3 - two have had the yellow light of death. Not statistically significant but it's not like the 360 is the only console this generation to have reliability issues.

I vote we all just switch to PC gaming and be done with it.