Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM        Sony's PS3 "Home."
In efforts to connect players with one another, Sony's jumped on the online/interactive bandwagon with something that might give it the edge over Xbox Live. Home is a free download that is accessable from the PS3's XMB (what I call the cross menu bar, duh) and is reminiscent of Second Life and The Sims Online. You create an avatar using a multitude of combinations and run around in virtual environments. You can communicate via virtual keyboard on the PS3, through a USB keyboard, or with a bluetooth headset. When you meet people, you have options of doing things like playing pool, bowling, (which is all handled within Home), or jumping into a PS3 game online.

However, the coolest thing in my opinion is the virtual objects. You can create your own stylish pad with a variety of furniture, some of which you can buy at Playstation Store, and have stereos running and television sets on. What is broadcasting out of the radios and TVs is not generic muzak and garble, however, it's music and videos set on the PS3's hard drive. Like I said, very much like Second Life.

Also, in an attempt to shut out Xbox Live's achievement system, there will be a gigantic virual trophy room with video clips playing of when you achieved something on huge screens. There will be other locations, too, like malls (no doubt a virtual front-end to Playstation Store) and a movie theater where one can download movies.

Seriously, the pictures do not do the trophy room justice, you have to see it in motion in the trailer.

All in all, it looks pretty smooth and should be coming out soon. It also looks less furry-laden than Second Life, a big plus.

Meanwhile, here's some screens and a trailer to satiate your thirst.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=mov&pl=game

A day in the park.

Body customization.

Clothing customization. What a tool, gay ass hair.

Shit happening, people talking. (Note Motor Storm playing on the screen in the background.)

Some effeminate man's house.

I bet he lives with his mom. He won't get the girl that way, I'll tell you.

Home: Fully Backed by Pier 1 Imports

Wierd cubed chairs and modular furniture are in these days.

The upcoming movie theater, sans the sticky, broken springed chairs and gum on the floor.

And the best part of Home, the Achievement Area. Note the scrolling bar at around the top of the room. It moves. Also looks a lot like a lazer tag arena, don't it?